ADVERTISEMENT

So What Else is New?

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
I'd say 12 years is enough of a chance. This is just another poorly prepared and poorly coached team, one of many in 12 years. It's super frustrating to see others rise up have success, sometimes immediate, and sometimes sustained. Our successes are measured in quarters and sometimes games, but rarely longer than that. That would appear to be symptomatic of a flawed appoach in terms of grand strategy and overall management and leadership of the entire program. We know discipline is in question this year, and essentially has been for Stoop's tenure. I could keep listing statistics and deeds that would make a very compelling case against continuing the Stoops tenure. I do think he's had a more than fair chance to get us placed squarely and securely on the football map and that just hasn't happened. How bad does it get before you realize a new direction is needed?

I'd say 12 years is enough of a chance. This is just another poorly prepared and poorly coached team, one of many in 12 years. It's super frustrating to see others rise up have success, sometimes immediate, and sometimes sustained. Our successes are measured in quarters and sometimes games, but rarely longer than that. That would appear to be symptomatic of a flawed appoach in terms of grand strategy and overall management and leadership of the entire program. We know discipline is in question this year, and essentially has been for Stoop's tenure. I could keep listing statistics and deeds that would make a very compelling case against continuing the Stoops tenure. I do think he's had a more than fair chance to get us placed squarely and securely on the football map and that just hasn't happened. How bad does it get before you realize a new direction is needed?
30 some odd million less. Shame.

I’d be willing to bet he is done after this season. The mistake he made after last year was not going after Will Howard and taking a guy who never played. But that is typical Stoops. This will get worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT