Who should be next HC?

• Curt Cignetti

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Jon Sumrall

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Someone else

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
I’m well aware of that, but Mitch knew Hurley was going to say no and Drew was a close friend so he was obligated to try because the fans demanded it, at least with Hurley. but prying someone away from a place they’ve been for a very long time is difficult as it was with Drew. Pope was his fallback but he didn’t hesitate after asking Drew and Hurley. Feel like tge fans are pretty much demanding Sumrall at this point.
I’m not sure there has ever been a more obvious choice tbh. A P4 program is going to get him very soon. The dude can recruit better than anyone that has coached here (yes, better than Vince), has the “it” factor, is an alum of the university and is crushing it in the G5. He probably has the best G5 record over the past 3 seasons of any coach out there. If the decision is to go that route…he’s the guy imo.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
As mentioned above, Cignetti's 64...he's going nowhere. He'll retire at IU.
Not a major difference, but Cignetti is actually 63. I think that 8-10 years is a good stretch in today's world of college football, and he could likely manage that somewhere .... if he chose to leave IU.
The man is very intriguing. His father was a longtime cfb head coach, including at WVU, where he gave Nick Saban his first job. His brother is an assistant at Pitt. Curt Cignetti served as an assistant at several P4 schools before spending 4-5 years at Alabama under Saban in the latter half of the 2000's.
Subsequently, he has been a head coach at a couple of lower division schools, immediately turning around the programs and taking them to the playoffs. He built James Madison into a relative power, replicating the same success in his first year. He is only in year one in Bloomington, but everyone can see the immediate impact he had.
Two other things: He can recruit (was recruiting coordinator at 'Bama) and the man has more fire and energy than most coaches of any age.
Not everyone is enamored with him, but I would like for UF to take a look at him if/when we let Napier go.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT