ADVERTISEMENT

So what ‘fraternity’ caused all this bs…..?

Assuming the victim did something to provoke an attack dangerous thing. Especially the race card.
You keep calling it the “race card,” but if someone uses a racist derogatory comment, that is not the race card. It is interesting to me how you seem to have bitten on every negative accusation about the six and belittle or reject any exculpatory evidence.

Reactions: Girthang
You keep calling it the “race card,” but if someone uses a racist derogatory comment, that is not the race card. It is interesting to me how you seem to have bitten on every negative accusation about the six and belittle or reject any exculpatory evidence.
That's actually the first time I've used the tern "race card" in this entire discussion, I believe.

My point is I have heard the accuser's side on this. I have not heard the defense's side. You guys are coming up with the defense's argument on your own. If you guys keep talking about "proof", which is fine, but how can you prove that the fraternity guys used a racial slur? You can't prove that either.

I was a college kid in the early 2000s. It's unfathomable to me that a group of football players would walk into a fraternity party (a fraternity that itself has black members) and someone would call out a racial slur at them. It's just nonsensical to me. It makes no sense.

I think it's weird that you call it "exculpatory evidence." Where is that evidence?

Last edited:
Alpha Sigma Phi was the frat. Put on probation for failure to comply, hazing, misuse of alcohol and failure to follow Covid guidelines.
Police statement of a physical altercation with unspecified injuries.

Charges against players are first degree burglary...felony under Kentucky law.

Wednesday is the next court date.

Reactions: DaytonKat
That's actually the first time I've used the tern "race card" in this entire discussion, I believe.

My point is I have heard the accuser's side on this. I have not heard the defense's side. You guys are coming up with the defense's argument on your own. If you guys keep talking about "proof", which is fine, but how can you prove that the fraternity guys used a racial slur? You can't prove that either.

I was a college kid in the early 2000s. It's unfathomable to me that a group of football players would walk into a fraternity party (a fraternity that itself has black members) and someone would call out a racial slur at them. It's just nonsensical to me. It makes no sense.
Show me where I have asserted the defense’s argument? Even Crawford’s witnesses admitted that there was a confrontation about race. I am waiting for more facts. YOU called that playing the race card, rather than admit it could have actually happened or that there could have been a miscommunication. Saying it’s the “race card” is an ugly assumption without facts. What is your motive?

You have jumped to a bunch of conclusions, even now offering your own experiences as if proof of something not happening. You think your experience is relevant? I seriously doubt there has been a more biased voice in this discussion than your comments.

Show me where I have asserted the defense’s argument? Even Crawford’s witnesses admitted that there was a confrontation about race. I am waiting for more facts. YOU called that playing the race card, rather than admit it could have actually happened or that there could have been a miscommunication. Saying it’s the “race card” is an ugly assumption without facts. What is your motive?

You have jumped to a bunch of conclusions, even now offering your own experiences as if proof of something not happening. You think your experience is relevant? I seriously doubt there has been a more biased voice in this discussion than your comments.
Understand that I have absolutely no motive here and I don't appreciate the assertion that I do. I've jumped to ZERO conclusions aside from to take the accuser's account at face value. I am anxiously awaiting the defense of the players and to hear their side. We have NOT heard their side yet, at all.

I'm basing my opinion currently on witness accounts, that's all. I do think it's unlikely that a guy at a fraternity party called a group of football players the N word. If he did, that is also deplorable and worthy of a reaction from the players in question. Yeah, I'm using my own experiences in the real world to say I don't think that's likely. No motive, just doesn't seem likely. That's all.

I'm waiting for the other side.

I think it's weird that you call it "exculpatory evidence." Where is that evidence?
Read your post above and how you call it absurd, based upon your experiences as a college kid. That, my friend, is NOT waiting on facts. Saying the players used the “race card” is NOT awaiting on facts.

if someone at the frat party used a racial slur, it very well could be a mitigating factor that could go to intent. Hence, exculpatory evidence.

Understand that I have absolutely no motive here and I don't appreciate the assertion that I do. I've jumped to ZERO conclusions aside from to take the accuser's account at face value. I am anxiously awaiting the defense of the players and to hear their side. We have NOT heard their side yet, at all.

I'm basing my opinion currently on witness accounts, that's all. I do think it's unlikely that a guy at a fraternity party called a group of football players the N word. If he did, that is also deplorable and worthy of a reaction from the players in question. Yeah, I'm using my own experiences in the real world to say I don't think that's likely. No motive, just doesn't seem likely. That's all.

Read your post above and how you call it absurd, based upon your experiences as a college kid. That, my friend, is NOT waiting on facts. Saying the players used the “race card” is NOT awaiting on facts.

if someone at the frat party used a racial slur, it very well could be a mitigating factor that could go to intent. Hence, exculpatory evidence.
Look man, it sounds like you're assuming the fraternity guys are lying. Maybe they are. I hope they are.

Reactions: RogerIndy
So I look for things that don’t make sense in people’s statements. People lie. People cover up for friends.
WDRBs story states the anonymous source saying he had a gun tucked into his gym shorts.
I challenge anyone to tuck a gun into gym shorts and take 3 steps. Guns are heavy.
They were not only walking but fighting and throwing punches according to the witness.
If you can recreate a gun not falling out of gym shorts while fighting Plaxico Burress wants their phone number.

So I look for things that don’t make sense in people’s statements. People lie. People cover up for friends.
WDRBs story states the anonymous source saying he had a gun tucked into his gym shorts.
I challenge anyone to tuck a gun into gym shorts and take 3 steps. Guns are heavy.
They were not only walking but fighting and throwing punches according to the witness.
If you can recreate a gun not falling out of gym shorts while fighting Plaxico Burress wants their phone number.
I had the same impression, but assumed the witness would respond that the gun was tucked into compression shorts under the gym shorts. But, yours is a logical follow up that I assume Crawford did not think to ask.

Last edited:

Already made up their minds before they've heard an ounce of evidence other than hearsay and rumors. Clearly not thinking nor a believer in innocent until proven guilty. The same standards will be applied to them and hopefully they remember this situation

Reactions: Greasy Creak Mafia
I had the same impression, but assumed the witness would response that the gun was tucked into compression shorts under the gym shorts. But, yours is a logical follow up that I assume Crawford did not think to ask.

Didn't think to or decided not to ask?

(That's rhetorical btw.)

I absolutely understand how burden of proof works. You're acting like you're part of the defense team, though. Have you heard their defense? Have you heard their side yet? Because I haven't.

No. You're inferring and reading into it. I'm telling you that you shouldnt ASSume anything because there are other possibilities beyond your clearly limited reasoning in this situation.

If you "haven't heard their side yet" then why are you declaring them guilty? Listen to your own fkn words man

Reactions: Greasy Creak Mafia
No. You're inferring and reading into it. I'm telling you that you shouldnt ASSume anything because there are other possibilities beyond your clearly limited reasoning in this situation.

If you "haven't heard their side yet" then why are you declaring them guilty? Listen to your own fkn words man
I think you need to listen to my own fkn words, man, because I never once have declared them guilty. I have said I'm taking the accusers comments at face value, and waiting for the other side of the story.

Unless you can show me where I declared the guys guilty. If I did, I will surely apologize.

Try taking the accused account at face value? Oh, no, you can't possibly do that...

They entered a plea of not guilty. They were cleared in this regard in another ruling of sorts.

In spite of this YOU find no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt until you actually hear all the evidence.. It's not like our court system is based on the presumption of innocence, like it wasn't a founding principle that set us apart from the system left behind in England...

You're right. Let's ignore what's taken place so far. Let's forget the presumption of innocence and be completely indignant and march against the UK staff, demanding they send these kids packing... Let's all be ignorant together.

NO! That's fkn bullSHT and I'm tired of listening to your bullsht. Go accuse, slander, and defame our players somewhere else. I'll wait until the facts come out to make a decision.

My point is I have heard the accuser's side on this. I have not heard the defense's side.

I was a college kid in the early 2000s.

Congrats on being a college kid in the early 2000s.

Reactions: The-Hack

You have jumped to a bunch of conclusions

He's completely nonsensical and uses no reasoning. Whatever his motive, he's clearly not rational in any sense of the word. He doesn't want to stay neutral on this topic until the case is presented.

I have had several friends of the years that couldn't reason when it came to certain things and it all stemmed from their own biases and experiences that they could never get past. Must be something like that with this person.

Best of luck to you, but I'm not wasting more of my time with their lunacy

Try taking the accused account at face value? Oh, no, you can't possibly do that...

They entered a plea of not guilty. They were cleared in this regard in another ruling of sorts.

In spite of this YOU find no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt until you actually hear all the evidence.. It's not like our court system is based on the presumption of innocence, like it wasn't a founding principle that set us apart from the system left behind in England...

You're right. Let's ignore what's taken place so far. Let's forget the presumption of innocence and be completely indignant and march against the UK staff, demanding they send these kids packing... Let's all be ignorant together.

NO! That's fkn bullSHT and I'm tired of listening to your bullsht. Go accuse, slander, and defame our players somewhere else. I'll wait until the facts come out to make a decision.
Um, excuse me. I haven't heard the accused account yet. I don't have that account to take at face value. I'm not on a jury here.

You need to relax. I haven't convicted anyone. I've said this looks bad. Really bad. That's all so far.

The gun is alleged at this time. Slow down, I know you are itching to hang somebody, but in this Country you are assumed innocent until proven guilty. They have been cleared by the school. It was going to be dropped because some of the people had identified wrong players that weren't even there, Keep your pants on till this is sorted out
Excellent post

The Herald Leader is reporting that it was Alpha Sigma Phi. Apparently, UK put that frat on probation for having the party at which they got beat up by football players.
I originally thought it was the Delts too because they published the address of the house where it took place and it came up on Google maps right where the Delt house was when I was in college. The house must be close to the Delt house.

They went to the
I originally thought it was the Delts too because they published the address of the house where it took place and it came up on Google maps right where the Delt house was when I was in college. The house must be close to the Delt house.
They went to the Delt house before the Alpha Sig house. It’s easy to be confused on this stuff because of all the bad information out there.

I would like to hear the players account.
I have read plenty of the accuser's.

I would imagine that the attorneys of the accused have told them to wait until the judge asks them a question directly to make a reply.
I'd like to see some video or some proof of what actually happened. Not just these eye witness accounts. Eye witnesses aren't really all that accurate. I've seen Perry Mason shred them on a regular basis.

"Steroids and it is obvious. I think there is a serious issue at UK. College kids don’t storm a party looking for violence without steroids. They want to be attractive sexually, not intimidating freaks"

Brilliant Louisville fan. College kids only fight if they are doing steroids.

If that’s the case, Bama players would perpetually be in fistacuffs

Can't be serious? Kick them out of town for a mistake? It was stupid, but stop acting like the fact that a gun was waived means these guys are evil. This country is founded on guns, and while I personally am for gun control, guns are woven into the fabric of our society. People brandish them all the time.

They should be punished but not kicked off team unless there's a history that we don't know about.
I'm against gun control but for self control, i wasn't there, didn't see what happened but brandishing a firearm in public is wanton endangerment and if a person does that they should be charged appropriately. The only time you should ever pull a firearm is in self defense and if you are going to use it. Don't ever pull it out just to scare someone.

Reactions: Jdhays21 and fabcat
With respect to Coach Stoops, I truly hope he is correct.
I also know that he stands by his players publicly to the last drop. (He may make a decision later, but he stands up for them even when a lot of 'us' say whoa!!)

I hope he's right.
We find out more Wednesday.

Reactions: STL_Cat
oh my, what a perfectly reasoned and non inflammatory take. Do you firebomb kindergartens too?
No, but do you always turn your head and look the other way when it is convenient? Would you have this same position if it were happening at UofL or a rival school. Let's be real here and dispense with the BS.
The info coming out right now paints an ugly picture. Let's get the facts straight but I'm not going to excuse criminal behavior if that's what went down. Time will tell.

national_lampoons_animal_house_1978_685x385.jpg

My very thought. Then I thought: "These guys were way too cool. They wouldn't have started anything with the football players, they would have all gone out together and got into some kind of trouble involving alcohol, women, and ... well, whatever else was around and looked fun.

Reactions: Nuke99m
No, but do you always turn your head and look the other way when it is convenient? Would you have this same position if it were happening at UofL or a rival school. Let's be real here and dispense with the BS.
The info coming out right now paints an ugly picture. Let's get the facts straight but I'm not going to excuse criminal behavior if that's what went down. Time will tell.

I’ve not turned my head at all, and was in another thread making fun of our Fulmer Cup chances, JUST LIKE I WOULD for ANY OTHER RIVAL.

it’s you who had made an ad hominem unfounded attack against Stoops, for whatever reason you felt you needed ~ congrats??

I dont think anyone is turning heads. No one like what happened. The race card was mentioned...but reports now mention at least one of the girls (allegedly) injured was black...plus I doubt ANY frat is 'exclusive'.
As for Coach....he supports his players. He is likely the closest to a father figure some of these kids have. All good coaches back their players until...well they just cant. Now SOME of them he releases, but never in a fashion he throws them under the bus publicly.
Even when just about everyone sees theres an issue.
The UK disciplinary board did not discipline these students due to lack of evidence. They never stated nothing happened.
What everyone is waiting for now is to see if there is new or more evidence.

Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT