ADVERTISEMENT

So much Blue!

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
I'm sure this has been covered in other threads... but I was at the game tonight and Good Gracious Lord Almighty Blue got in.

The first 5 minutes it was like okay there's a bit of Louisville crowd here but once they came back to earth they were dead the rest of the game.

Honestly it was to my eyes 50% UK 30% UofL and 20% empty seats. You'd be surprised how many empty seats they were tonight for a rivalry game.

I know you all have touched on the game so I won't go there... but from my observation UK knew they were the better team early in the 1st half and coasted. I think if they wanted to they could of buried them by 30+

Go Cats!

I'm sure this has been covered in other threads... but I was at the game tonight and Good Gracious Lord Almighty Blue got in.

The first 5 minutes it was like okay there's a bit of Louisville crowd here but once they came back to earth they were dead the rest of the game.

Honestly it was to my eyes 50% UK 30% UofL and 20% empty seats. You'd be surprised how many empty seats they were tonight for a rivalry game.

I know you all have touched on the game so I won't go there... but from my observation UK knew they were the better team early in the 1st half and coasted. I think if they wanted to they could of buried them by 30+

Go Cats!
I was there as well, and I agree with your 50/30/20 assessment. The upper level was at least 80% blue.

Pretty embarrassing for UofL as a program, honestly. You would never see Rupp with more opposing fans than us. Not even close.

ESPN refused to show the upper level of the arena because I'm pretty sure it was 80% blue up there. Lower bowl was probably about 60-40 Louisville until they all started exiting. It was quite a showing by UK fans. 😀👍

That's a nice Christmas present from our Cats! Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅 😀

ESPN refused to show the upper level of the arena because I'm pretty sure it was 80% blue up there. Lower bowl was probably about 60-40 Louisville until they all started exiting. It was quite a showing by UK fans. 😀👍

That's a nice Christmas present from our Cats! Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅 😀

Yes the upper level was 80-90% Blue and the lower level wasn't far behind. If it wasn't for the Red Seats it would of been even more noticeable.

Go Cats!
Damn I should have tried to get tickets

Reactions: DraftCat
Hard to say. Based on the camera view I would say 35-40% UK fans in the lower section. The thing that really stood out was the UK/Blue White/Go Big Blue chants. It was LOUD and CLEAR!
This is what I saw as well. About a third of the people were in blue.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I know the previous few ul games at Yum had $4 to $6 txs.
Did last nights game txs drop to that level?

I know the previous few ul games at Yum had $4 to $6 txs.
Did last nights game txs drop to that level?
Nope not even close when the game started cheapest you could get were still in the 60 dollar range for 1. If they had been 30 or below it would have been a even bigger blue wave in the building. Card fans were not happy that blue got in but guaranteed the management of the yum and restaurants and bars around the arena were ecstatic! One business said it was like uk was playing a ncaa march madness game there.

I noticed Adou Thiero’s dad talking about the seats the opposing teams parents received. Upper level in the seriously nose bleed section. A petty move.

Nope not even close when the game started cheapest you could get were still in the 60 dollar range for 1. If they had been 30 or below it would have been a even bigger blue wave in the building. Card fans were not happy that blue got in but guaranteed the management of the yum and restaurants and bars around the arena were ecstatic! One business said it was like uk was playing a ncaa march madness game there.
When I hear things like what that one business said about being like UK playing a March Madness game, I am SOOOOO PROUD to be a fan and proud of our boys. You can tell this group of guys are just different than in recent years. They like playing together and just seem to LIKE EACH OTHER! I've always been a fan. I said back in the summer that I was starting to get a little tingly (excited) about the possibilities and was trying to keep the excitement down until we see what happens. Those tingles have become a good case of excitement!!!💙💙💙

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

This is what I saw as well. About a third of the people were in blue.
Yeah it was easily 40% in the bottom half I think. Maybe even more, on TV it looked like an even smattering of blue for every red shirt, the chairs made it look even closer than it was IMO.

Just got tickets for the game in Florida... hope to see some Blue there as well :)

Kind of reminded me of a Vandy football game where they seem to always be outnumbered by their opponent's fans.

Definitely a lot of blue!
m0170.gif

GB6j67GW8AA64pc.0.jpg

Reactions: bevcat
Was 85-15 in upper deck. Was like a home game in the uppers. C A T S chants loud and clear.
TV in the arena was very careful to avoid showing an UK fans.
We could do it for another home game for $hit$ and giggles.

Was 85-15 in upper deck. Was like a home game in the uppers. C A T S chants loud and clear.
TV in the arena was very careful to avoid showing an UK fans.
We could do it for another home game for $hit$ and giggles.
If you organize that, let us know. Showing up in UK gear for some of their games would be fun. Especially if we could get an SEC chant going. Does FSU play UL at the Yum!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT