ADVERTISEMENT

So How Good is Reed Sheppard Really?

Probably shortsighted of me but I have no confidence in Reeves after his abysmal 1-15 performance in the Kansas state game.

That’s not streaky… just pitiful.

Concerned about his defense like some have mentioned.

Sky is limit if he improves

I think you are denigrating Reed’s game. Earlier in the year Reed played in AAU game and dominated the game with a lot of super players in the game. He is a very smooth player who I think will make the other players look great.
No I’m not saying he’s not a solid player. I think he’s got a very well rounded game. I don’t think hes a McDonalds All American level player but that’s not what I was talking about. I was saying his last name and pedigree only helped him get to where he is - not hurt him. If he isn’t the son of a Jeff Shepherd he’s not recruited by UK.

Very good player and I think he will be a big time rotational piece next year.

I remember watching his travel team play one of the loaded teams on ESPN and he was FAR AND AWAY the best player on the court.
That was the game against Dilly I was referring to.

No I’m not saying he’s not a solid player. I think he’s got a very well rounded game. I don’t think hes a McDonalds All American level player but that’s not what I was talking about. I was saying his last name and pedigree only helped him get to where he is - not hurt him. If he isn’t the son of a Jeff Shepherd he’s not recruited by UK.
Lmfao sure thing.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Apparently you NEVER saw him play last summer on the AAU circuit. He ABUSED Bronny James team that was LOADED with future D1 talent and stole the ball from him NUMEROUS times while he was the ONLY big time player on his team made up from mostly Indiana kids.

The kid is WAY MORE than just a NAME. He has a HIGH skill level to go with above average athleticism and can score at ALL 3 levels.

You are SEVERELY underestimating his basketball ability!!

Probably shortsighted of me but I have no confidence in Reeves after his abysmal 1-15 performance in the Kansas state game.

That’s not streaky… just pitiful.
You're completely ignoring the fact that he scored his 5 points in the last 15 seconds of the game. That works out to 800 points per 40 minutes!

Reactions: wardlow
You're completely ignoring the fact that he scored his 5 points in the last 15 seconds of the game. That works out to 800 points per 40 minutes!
Reeves kinda hung his head after making that shot. I think that game hurt him. He is just streaky and when he is on look out. Some games he would get fouled and shot the ball short it was like oh no not his day. Hope he comes back think we could use him. If the other guys can shoot it would probably open the floor more for him. He has that decent floater shot he hits!!

I mean yeah that was a bad note to end on, but the kid can hoop.

14.5 PPG and 40% from 3FG returning would be absolutely massive for this team.
I imagine you are more correct than me. I’ve never had the pressure of making shots in the tournament. Toppin folded like a lawn chair too. Easy for me to sit back and judge them.

Maybe Cal should have gotten more 3s for Wallace and reigned Reeves in a bit. I can Monday morning quarterback with the best of them.

Interesting conundrum. A McDonald's player is not a McDonald's player. Very post-modern. Very ... ironic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT