ADVERTISEMENT

So Classless For Iowa To Continue To Pass 4 Times In Last 2 Minutes When Up 21.

Iowa was obviously the better team today. However, I thought our play calling with the many screen passes in the flat was just so predictable and so Kentucky. I believe we only passed to the tight end across the middle just one time.
My problem was with Iowa wanting to rub salt in the wound, so to speak, by them passing 4 times within the last 2 minutes. I can’t remember a team not starting to take a knee up 21 within the last one and half minutes.
I know people will say it’s our job to stop them, but why continue to run up the score with the game well in hand?. I was hoping we would sack their QB and knock him into the next millennium, but alas I did not get my wish!!
Did anyone else feel them continuing to take shots to the end zone inside the last 2 minutes was total BS and showed a lack of class?
It was no more classless than it was for Calipari having both Oscar & Toppin in the game in the last 2 minutes with UK up by 20+ points

Reactions: Lamar Card
Iowa is all class. That’s sour grapes and misdirecting your frustration. If you want to be upset about anything, focus on the UK coaches for their offensive game plan and personnel choices. That’s why UK was outmatched today all day. The plays at the end should not upset any UK fan. It’s UK’s job to stop the other team. Regardless of the circumstances.

Reactions: Lamar Card
Iowa was obviously the better team today. However, I thought our play calling with the many screen passes in the flat was just so predictable and so Kentucky. I believe we only passed to the tight end across the middle just one time.
My problem was with Iowa wanting to rub salt in the wound, so to speak, by them passing 4 times within the last 2 minutes. I can’t remember a team not starting to take a knee up 21 within the last one and half minutes.
I know people will say it’s our job to stop them, but why continue to run up the score with the game well in hand?. I was hoping we would sack their QB and knock him into the next millennium, but alas I did not get my wish!!
Did anyone else feel them continuing to take shots to the end zone inside the last 2 minutes was total BS and showed a lack of class?

NO!

It's not a beauty pageant. It's not bowling or tennis. It's not soccer. It's not baseball.

There's no 10 run rule, and you don't stop the match because the other team can no longer catch up. You play through the whistle and through (sometimes past) the final second of the game. MAKE THEM STOP.

Our defense did JUST THAT, and I'm incredibly PROUD of how they played yesterday. They gave up ONE score all game. ONE. Had a FKN STELLAR year!!

Love that they have the attitude "try to score on me biotch!!" Never give up

I said it in the other thread about this. My sense is they wanted to give Labas more live reps to see what he can do and also give him more tape (if he wants to transfer). I think KF knows Stoops good enough he wasn’t worried about any hard feelings on this. KF isn’t known for this type of thing as others have said. I admit it did look a little strange frankly.

Dude, I'm an Iowa guy. I have no explanation for what or why Iowa did this. Have been an Iowa season ticket holder for years and Ferentz doesn't do this. Ferentz and Mark Stoops are close friends. So yes, I'm puzzled but somewhere within lies the reason for it-- I just don't have it.
No way Stoops and a ton of other coaches would not have done that. Thought your coach had more class than that, but I guess not.

Iowa is all class. That’s sour grapes and misdirecting your frustration. If you want to be upset about anything, focus on the UK coaches for their offensive game plan and personnel choices. That’s why UK was outmatched today all day. The plays at the end should not upset any UK fan. It’s UK’s job to stop the other team. Regardless of the circumstances.
Everyone knows most coaches would not have done that. Bottom line.

After it became clear the UK offense was not going to score any points, maybe the Iowa coaches wanted to give the UK defense a chance to get a pick 6 & put some points on the board. Regardless, the Iowa fans that have come to this site have been all class & I wish them much success going forward.

Everyone knows most coaches would not have done that. Bottom line.
Class is one good reason not to do it. Injuries are another. Suppose Lavas or some other player on Iowa's team had gotten injured or someone on Kentucky's team. Football is risky. Minimize the risk. Take a knee in the last two minutes and get in the locker room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT