ADVERTISEMENT

Smoke and Rodriguez

Can’t believe any UK fan wouldn’t feel good about this group of RB’s.
I actually agree with him on Rose. He’s not a typical strong SEC running back, but he does have speed and home run threat. I could see Smoke or Rodriguez taking the load and Rose becoming the #2 back by the end of the season?

I actually agree with him on Rose. He’s not a typical strong SEC running back, but he does have speed and home run threat. I could see Smoke or Rodriguez taking the load and Rose becoming the #2 back by the end of the season?
Rose is clearly the #1 RB. I think he will remain the #1 RB because he is our only experienced back and because he has the best combination of size, speed, and hands. The question would be what happens if Rose gets hurt, but there is no way to answer that until it actually happens. I hope it doesn’t.

Will be interesting to see what Rose looks like in the fall.. would be nice to see about 10 # of muscle. I think he'll be very good!

Reactions: UKCatnNC
After seeing Smoke vs UL and that TUDDY run he is going to be my favorite back moving forward. We have a badass backfield next year. We can throw some backs at you and pound teams to death with fresh legs deep into a ball game. Instead of 1 back getting 85% of carries I think tbey will be spread around similar to what BAMA does with their backs.

I agree. I think we will have a very good backfield next season, and the little we saw of RodZ and Smoke looked really good = hard running style. Man, if we can solidify a passing threat we will be hard to stop. Need TW to be great on short stuff and higher % on intermediate. Long stuff will be low, but will still exist. More concerned about DB replacement at this point in time. That's a lot of experience there - mistakes will be made early. Thankfully up front we should be able to bring really good pressure, which takes a load off the DBs. 2019 should be a really good year......IF they work very hard this off-season.

I agree. I think we will have a very good backfield next season, and the little we saw of RodZ and Smoke looked really good = hard running style. Man, if we can solidify a passing threat we will be hard to stop. Need TW to be great on short stuff and higher % on intermediate. Long stuff will be low, but will still exist. More concerned about DB replacement at this point in time. That's a lot of experience there - mistakes will be made early. Thankfully up front we should be able to bring really good pressure, which takes a load off the DBs. 2019 should be a really good year......IF they work very hard this off-season.
We need TW to hit more on explosive throws. This offense is not going to open up until we can beat teams vertically. Wagner Epps Ali Crumes Rigg need to come on as vertical options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT