ADVERTISEMENT

Slugger's Cats v Tigers (SEC Tournament Edition)

I disagree with the sky is falling people here. The SEC tournament is not meaningful for a team like UK that is locked into a top 4 national seed. History shows that teams have done well or done poorly in hoover and there is no correlation with NCAA tourney performance.

With that said, our momentum is not super positive. It's a terrible time for 1/3 of our lineup to be absolutely auto outs at the plate and it's a terrible time for our pitching staff to crater.

They have to score a ton of runs to win because the pitching is atrocius. They will get blasted in the NCAA's. Might or might not be right away but you just can't go anywhere in baseball with sh*t pitching,

Reactions: Jeff12wb
They have to score a ton of runs to win because the pitching is atrocius. They will get blasted in the NCAA's. Might or might not be right away but you just can't go anywhere in baseball with sh*t pitching,
Have you watched us play this year? Our pitching isn't "shit". At times, all three starters have been excellent, though Niman struggled down the stretch. Pooser has been good all year, and Moore has been good most of the year.

We don't have shut down closer, but our ERA is in the top half of the best league in the country.

Big overreaction post. I agree that our trend isn't great at the moment, but this team certainly has the talent, pitching, and home filed advantage to get to Omaha.

Reactions: catzfanjim
Have you watched us play this year? Our pitching isn't "shit". At times, all three starters have been excellent, though Niman struggled down the stretch. Pooser has been good all year, and Moore has been good most of the year.

We don't have shut down closer, but our ERA is in the top half of the best league in the country.

Big overreaction post. I agree that our trend isn't great at the moment, but this team certainly has the talent, pitching, and home filed advantage to get to Omaha.

They've played 26 games since the beginning of April. So in April and May (warmer weather), they've given up an average of SEVEN runs per game. Sorry man, I played most of my life and that qualifies as complete garbage over a 2 month period. I won't even debate it.

• Love
Reactions: Jeff12wb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT