ADVERTISEMENT

Slugger's Cats v Tigers (SEC Tournament Edition)

Who is the umpire behind plate
It’s the same one from Game 2 against Tennessee and it clear he doesn’t like to call a strike for the pitchers

Reactions: blubo
Don’t understand pitching a Rusty pitcher when so much is on the line
One win probably get you #1overall seed
Throw your best

Don’t understand pitching a Rusty pitcher when so much is on the line
One win probably get you #1overall seed
Throw your best

I don't think much of anything is on the line to be honest. Number 1 overall isn't a big deal and we're locked into top 8. That's what matters.

Reactions: m080470 and K86
Lopez makes sense there and then Richardson at 4 and Daly at 5. Burkes at 6. But then you get Burkes, McCarthy and McCoy all together and they're all struggling.
Exactly, McCarthy, McCoy and Smith look absolutely lost at the plate. We are running out of options unfortunately.

That is a real bad inning for UK with Holman at 100 pitches. Needed to work him some to make them take him out.

Reactions: backinky2018
We swung at some bad pitches that inning. But, my goodness he gave the lsu pitcher three really questionable strikes there.

We've swung at all the wrong pitches the entire game, so far (really high stuff, and stuff WAY outside). And just looked at some right down the pipe. Just not seeing his stuff very well, I guess?

Kinda flat, it seems. Don't think they're very motivated, having already pretty well clinched a top 8.

Reactions: dtjr and sefus12
We've swung at all the wrong pitches the entire game, so far (really high stuff, and stuff WAY outside). And just looked at some right down the pipe. Just not seeing his stuff very well, I guess?

Kinda flat, it seems. Don't think they're very motivated, having already pretty well clinched a top 8.
Wish it were just single elim

Reactions: Jeff12wb
Man, this is just a real bummer. We have actually had a great performance out of our pen (which has been struggling ) and yet we are just flailing away at the plate inning after inning.

Yea, guys just seemed flat the entire game. Bad recipe when you are playing a desperate team like LSU. Hopefully they can at least scratch one W out in Hoover. Don’t want to limp into the tourney on a 3-game losing streak.

O'Brien promptly gives up the kill shot. Put in the wrong guy after they'd quieted the LSU bats down a bit. Pitching depth may haunt these guys.

These last 2 games have killed all kinds of momentum. Hopefully a switch they can flip back on.

Reactions: sefus12
O'Brien promptly gives up the kill shot. Put in the wrong guy after they'd quieted the LSU bats down a bit. Pitching depth may haunt these guys.

These last 2 games have killed all kinds of momentum. Hopefully a switch they can flip back on.
Prematurely celebrating the SEC Championship on Friday probably did not help much for the Saturday game
LSU Ace vs our collection of arms gave the advantage to LSU but to get no hit is not what got us to the seed we are.

Yea, guys just seemed flat the entire game. Bad recipe when you are playing a desperate team like LSU. Hopefully they can at least scratch one W out in Hoover. Don’t want to limp into the tourney on a 3-game losing streak.
Respectfully, last year we said LSU is just better. Now we are losing because they are desperate. Sooner or later if we want to be one of the best SEC teams we have to handle business.

You can’t “motivate”, or dug out chant your way to Omaha. You have to take it.

Bet we get dropped from #1 overall to probably the #5
Just faced two good pitchers last 2 games
We ain’t built to combat that
Only good thing is we will play in Lexington hopefully we can get hot again with the bats next week

Respectfully, last year we said LSU is just better. Now we are losing because they are desperate. Sooner or later if we want to be one of the best SEC teams we have to handle business.

You can’t “motivate”, or dug out chant your way to Omaha. You have to take it.
Straight talent-wise, LSU is probably still better. But UK’s performance today has been uninspired, no way around it.

We had a much better season than LSU but they are still the more talented team. Honestly that isn't going to change but we still need to find a way to win against the LSU, A&M, Tenn. type talented teams. We clearly didn't have it today hopefully we can win one tomorrow. It would really stink going into the tournament on a 3 game losing streak.

Only good thing is we will play in Lexington hopefully we can get hot again with the bats next week
#5 nah.
Even if so Id rather UK be #5 over #1

If they leave another cow pile on the field tomorrow it will be worse than 5.

I’m beginning to think they are tanking to get extra rest.

Our entire team looked disinterested today.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
What an embarrassment. The pitching continues to be hideous. @LukaszObrzut said our pitching isn't a problem and insinuated that I was a simpleton for suggesting it.

[roll] :flush:
Very thrilled you’re always thinking of me.
I stand by my correct statement.

We don’t have an ace like we faced today and likely tomorrow.

Yes we will struggle if we are throwing 5-6 bull pen guys.

We hold a serviceable middle of the pack ERA even with those factors (5th in conference) and batting over 300 as a team (only team to do so)

Reactions: K86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT