ADVERTISEMENT

Slater logs Clemson CB picks for Zion

CarolinaCatsFan

Sophomore
Sep 14, 2015
Andrew Slater just changed his CB to Clemson. Last 4 picks have been Clemson and before that a “foggy.”

Don’t like this one bit.

Doesn't really shock me. We need this kid for many reasons. He is the cornerstone of a championship team. We will never know the dealings behind the scenes in big time recruiting.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The two Duke scouts don't surprise me. Finn does, however. He was right about both Quick and Keldon. But he and the other guy who recently picked Clemson don't have the best percentages. I still say UK is the team to beat for Zion.

Slater followed Rowe. We never seem to get the late picks for anyone. If he waits until the spring, likely nobody knows and are just guessing.

I still think ultimately this is all a big smoke screen to cause suspense even though it's been Kentucky all along
I hope so because we surely do not need to start losing recruits to clemson. If we don't hit a homerun or two for next year we could be in for a dry spell based on what I saw last night.

I hope so because we surely do not need to start losing recruits to clemson. If we don't hit a homerun or two for next year we could be in for a dry spell based on what I saw last night.

If we miss on Williamson too, then it will be evident that something has changed in recruiting. In the last 3 seasons, we have missed on a LOT of our top targets other than Knox. If we get Zion, and return most of this class, we should be fine.

If we miss on Williamson too, then it will be evident that something has changed in recruiting. In the last 3 seasons, we have missed on a LOT of our top targets other than Knox. If we get Zion, and return most of this class, we should be fine.
I think it highlights the need for an Ace Recruiter. We really need Orlando back.

Going to be hard for him to go to Kansas and Kentucky and Clemson, especially when so many of our fans just know he's going to UNC now that they're recruiting him even though they've been recruiting him all along.

And then of course, Duke gets everyone.

Reactions: Cawood86
If we are no longer getting top 5 players but can land a metric ton of top 10-25 players each year then we ought to go back to platooning. Fine with me.

I think K is selling the Reddish, Barrett Williamson trio as a chance along with this year to win back to back titles and forever be remember as his last team...

People always say this, but he said a year or 2 ago, that he was going 5 more years. I wouldn't put it past him to go even past that. He loves the slurpage he gets.

If it were UK, wouldn’t he have signed by now? Kid doesn’t know where he’s going. Reminds me of that former QB recruit’s indecision.

If it were UK, wouldn’t he have signed by now? Kid doesn’t know where he’s going. Reminds me of that former QB recruit’s indecision.

There are dozens of kids every year who we find out later have known where they were going for years and still wait until spring to sign. You can't read anything into it either way.

Reactions: U Go UK
If we miss on Williamson too, then it will be evident that something has changed in recruiting. In the last 3 seasons, we have missed on a LOT of our top targets other than Knox. If we get Zion, and return most of this class, we should be fine.[/QUOTE

There is no question that something changed in recruiting the day K copied Cals one and done strategy. Zion is a must get to stem the tide of that perception.

I am not sure anyone actually knows much of anything outside of Zion and his family, but I read that he is attempting to build suspense and hype regarding his recruitment. Of course, that may be completely unfounded. UK will be in good shape regardless, but may not be the favorite next year without him.

If we are no longer getting top 5 players but can land a metric ton of top 10-25 players each year then we ought to go back to platooning. Fine with me.

the problem with platooning is that there are only so many soldiers who are interested in signing up for that type of duty.

most of the kids in the top 25 want to play more than fifteen minutes per game. and i honestly don't blame them.

If we retain Vanderbilt, Washington and Gabriel he may not want to come and split time.

He is a phenomenal player, but undersized for a 4. Hope we get him regardless. If he wants the spotlight, UK is the ONLY place to be.

If we retain Vanderbilt, Washington and Gabriel he may not want to come and split time.

He is a phenomenal player, but undersized for a 4. Hope we get him regardless. If he wants the spotlight, UK is the ONLY place to be.
Undersized at 275?

I don't think he's worried about splitting time with the aforementioned.

Maybe he saw PJ's performance last night and figured he didn't want to take his minutes next year.

Until the Cal people start being worried, Im not worried. They are right when they say Cal does not talk to people on "the circuit" about how he feels. I think there are a select few (MJ included) that he gives hints/inside info that he feels good about.

The Clemson people probably got a great visit and they're telling anyone and everyone who wants to here. But be for real...kids like him do not go to Clemson Im sorry.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Would be hard to stomach another top 5 kid picking a shitshow instead of UK. I can understand Duke, but Texas (Bamba), California (Brown), Zimmerman (UNLV), etc. Those types of recruiting losses haunt you as a program when you look back and see what was needed as a missing piece for the championship.

Well we lost Bamba to Texas , Zimmerman to UNLV, Brown (a Georgia kid) to freaking California, Newman to Miss. St.

Would be hard to stomach another top 5 kid picking a shitshow instead of UK. I can understand Duke, but Texas (Bamba), California (Brown), Zimmerman (UNLV), etc. Those types of recruiting losses haunt you as a program when you look back and see what was needed as a missing piece for the championship.

100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT