ADVERTISEMENT

Skj transferrin

Somehow it just never seemed to click. Whatever happened his freshman year seemed to put him behind and he just couldn't find his place.

With Montgomery coming in, that appears to be us trying to replace his minutes and style.

If he's worried about having to wait to play, transferring seems like it puts him in a similar situation, but I hope it works out for him.

All these kids have to realize that there is nothing wrong with staying at a school for 4 years and developing...sometimes you are not very good
He wasn't ever going to be a major contributor. Limited minutes again next year as a junior with EJ, Vanderbilt, PJ and Richards likely all in front of him. Don't blame him at all for wanting to go somewhere where he can be a major contributor.

I'm really bummed to see this. I really like SKJ and he could have been special in his junior and senior year here. I can understand though. Cal played him minimally even when we had foul trouble, which didn't make sense to me... but we as fans see very little and there could have been issues behind the scenes. Best of luck to SKJ wherever he winds up!

Have to think we won't lose any of the other bigs then. I am thinking he saw what was coming and knew there was no playing time to be had. Good luck to Sacha!
Richards, Vando, PJ, Ej, and Wenyen.

Man, wish you well. Guess EJ thing got to him. Hope he can play at UNC or UVA like he originally wanted

If I'm not mistaken, he was committed to UVA, then de-committed and signed with UK. I always wondered what happened to him last season. He looked unstoppable before Christmas, then we never saw him again the rest of the season.

Maybe we'll hear what went on now that he's transferring.

Dang. Hate it. I wonder if Cal knew this already and this helped the pitch to EJ on Sunday night?

Reactions: ukfan041
Was kind of hoping his play from the SEC Tournament onward would keep him around, but best of luck to the kid, regardless, and thank you for being a part of BBN.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Probably a good decision for him. I think he could develop more and quicker somewhere else. Good luck to him.

This is the crap that has to stop under Cal
LOL! How is this Cal's fault? Players know that when they come to UK they are not going to be hidden. Cal will not stop recruiting the best players he can get so a returning player doesn't get their feelings hurt. It creates a culture of competition. The best players play. If you don't agree with your PT, either get better or get gone. SKJ chose to get gone.

Skj was a hybrid tweener. 3/4..all thru highschool was a 3 forced to play 4/5.
I thought he pushed thru but was wrong. He didn't have the strength to play the 5...
Wonder how this will turn into Cal's fault?

Reactions: loublue22
Some apologies are due from some of you. I recall a post a week or so ago where a poster was saying this was happening and everyone jumped all over him. Now, maybe it was guess work, but unfortunately it is happening.

This is a bad situation and suggesting that because he "isn't that good" totally misses the point. If some haven't learned by now, experience is a key. SKJ was better than Richards in my view this past season and more mobile, knew how to set picks, etc. Unless we are getting Anthony Davis, losing an experienced big man is going to hurt us.

Hopefully he's the only one who transfers and at least a couple of the group of Washington, Vanderbilt, & Gabriel return then.

If that plays out, then yeah, I fully understand him transferring because I don't foresee him getting much playing time in that scenario. But if we lose more guys than we were expecting, we could of really used him.

ADVERTISEMENT