ADVERTISEMENT

Six-week programming schedule

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Hello folks, message board posters, lurkers, site members and free readers alike, wanted to give you all a heads up as to what will be on the site for the next six weeks.

I'll try to keep a lot of this stuff free, not behind a paywall, but we've got to pay the bills and I'd love for you to consider becoming a premium member to enjoy all of our content if you aren't already.

While it might seem like an slow time with college basketball's season over and spring football in the books, I wanted to let you know what we'll be doing for members here content-wise in the weeks ahead.

Please share your feedback and tell us what you want more of, less of, and any ideas you might have for interesting content.

Here's what the next six weeks look like:

- Dave Lackford was in Cincinnati at the Under Armour camp over the weekend on our behalf and we will continue rolling out the video interviews he conducted with top UK targets there. Today we put up interviews with 3-star (5.7) DT Justin Wodtly, 4-star DT Octavious Oxendine and now 4-star (5.9) DB Antonio Johnson. Lots more coming.

- Later this month Dave will be at the Rivals Camp Series also in Cincinnati where there will be some of the same guys but a lot more, including tons of UK targets from Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan from the 2020 and 2021 classes especially. He will have scouting reports and his observations as well.

- I will be at the Rivals Camp Series event in St. Louis held next month and there might not be as many UK guys there, but in my experience it will draw some Kentucky guys, Tennessee guys, lots of Missouri kids with UK offers and others. Same content plan.

- This weekend (April 26th-28th) our guy David Sisk will be traveling to Atlanta, Ga., for multiple days and nights covering the Nike EYBL events in that circuit's first session. There will be a ton of good content from David in addition to whatever Eric Bossi, Dan McDonald, Corey Evans and Krysten Peek produce, including virtually all of Kentucky's 2020 targets since they are mostly Nike guys. There will be scouting content, Q&A's and the creative spins David is good at putting together.

- Kentucky's summer football camps are once again on a series of consecutive days in early June and I'm planning to be there for all the major stuff. Sometimes the one-day camps draw very small crowds with mostly local kids/teams who aren't really on the Cats' radar, but aside from that I will be at everything worth covering. Thankfully, last year Kentucky gave us the go ahead to finally capture video and photos so long as we're in fan sections. There will be visitor/camper lists, scouting notes, lots of interviews afterwards and insider scoop I'm able to get from parents, coaches, etc., anyone who's taking these kids. Jeff is often there, too, and I'm hoping we can get up to four guys (incl. Dave and Travis) to produce the kind of camp coverage that no other SEC team, beyond Kentucky, has had.

If you are interesting in attending, here's the schedule (and hit me up and we'll meet up there):

June 7th: Friday Night Lights
June 8th: Saturday Night Primetime Camp
June 9th: Sunday Showcase Camp
Wildcat Kicking Camp: June 9th
June 8th: O-Line/D-Line Skills Camp
One-Day Camps: June 10th, 11th, 12th

The first three are the biggies, if you are interested.

- Will be starting up more regular War Rooms now that the class figures to heat up and get rolling soon.

- Jeff Drummond, David Sisk and myself will be doing some live member Q&As as well as taking mailbag questions.

- Will continue with our roundtable discussions of UK basketball, football and recruiting.

- Will be producing more offseason player profiles for all major Kentucky football contributors including snap counts, game grades (PFF), analytics, projections and what we're hearing, and that starts soon after all our spring game stuff is exhausted.

- We ran the analytic piece of Ashton Hagans' freshman season. Next up is Immanuel Quickley this week and we'll be doing that, courtesy of Synergy Sports' data, this week and beyond.

Again, feedback and what you want is welcome!

If money is an issue I can only do so much, but let me know and I will offer some suggestions that might convince you to come over to the House of Blue side.

Anyone who can afford it should seriously contemplate signing up for premium. For the longest time, I had the attitude of “Why pay for information that’s eventually gonna be free?” And there is some truth to that but the HOB has some big time contributors with major ties to the college basketball and football scene. There are a ton of informative stories on players, coaches and the program in general. And as far as “insiders” who post there, you can count on the few who do have and share info to be accurate. You get your money’s worth.

You guys do a great job and keep it very professional. Even though this is a UK site, I feel you all don't make it one-sided or homer of you will. I feel you put out good info and make it as truthful and honest as you possibly can. Thanks.

;);):fistbump:;);)
Hello folks, message board posters, lurkers, site members and free readers alike, wanted to give you all a heads up as to what will be on the site for the next six weeks.

I'll try to keep a lot of this stuff free, not behind a paywall, but we've got to pay the bills and I'd love for you to consider becoming a premium member to enjoy all of our content if you aren't already.

While it might seem like an slow time with college basketball's season over and spring football in the books, I wanted to let you know what we'll be doing for members here content-wise in the weeks ahead.

Please share your feedback and tell us what you want more of, less of, and any ideas you might have for interesting content.

Here's what the next six weeks look like:

- Dave Lackford was in Cincinnati at the Under Armour camp over the weekend on our behalf and we will continue rolling out the video interviews he conducted with top UK targets there. Today we put up interviews with 3-star (5.7) DT Justin Wodtly, 4-star DT Octavious Oxendine and now 4-star (5.9) DB Antonio Johnson. Lots more coming.

- Later this month Dave will be at the Rivals Camp Series also in Cincinnati where there will be some of the same guys but a lot more, including tons of UK targets from Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan from the 2020 and 2021 classes especially. He will have scouting reports and his observations as well.

- I will be at the Rivals Camp Series event in St. Louis held next month and there might not be as many UK guys there, but in my experience it will draw some Kentucky guys, Tennessee guys, lots of Missouri kids with UK offers and others. Same content plan.

- This weekend (April 26th-28th) our guy David Sisk will be traveling to Atlanta, Ga., for multiple days and nights covering the Nike EYBL events in that circuit's first session. There will be a ton of good content from David in addition to whatever Eric Bossi, Dan McDonald, Corey Evans and Krysten Peek produce, including virtually all of Kentucky's 2020 targets since they are mostly Nike guys. There will be scouting content, Q&A's and the creative spins David is good at putting together.

- Kentucky's summer football camps are once again on a series of consecutive days in early June and I'm planning to be there for all the major stuff. Sometimes the one-day camps draw very small crowds with mostly local kids/teams who aren't really on the Cats' radar, but aside from that I will be at everything worth covering. Thankfully, last year Kentucky gave us the go ahead to finally capture video and photos so long as we're in fan sections. There will be visitor/camper lists, scouting notes, lots of interviews afterwards and insider scoop I'm able to get from parents, coaches, etc., anyone who's taking these kids. Jeff is often there, too, and I'm hoping we can get up to four guys (incl. Dave and Travis) to produce the kind of camp coverage that no other SEC team, beyond Kentucky, has had.

If you are interesting in attending, here's the schedule (and hit me up and we'll meet up there):

June 7th: Friday Night Lights
June 8th: Saturday Night Primetime Camp
June 9th: Sunday Showcase Camp
Wildcat Kicking Camp: June 9th
June 8th: O-Line/D-Line Skills Camp
One-Day Camps: June 10th, 11th, 12th

The first three are the biggies, if you are interested.

- Will be starting up more regular War Rooms now that the class figures to heat up and get rolling soon.

- Jeff Drummond, David Sisk and myself will be doing some live member Q&As as well as taking mailbag questions.

- Will continue with our roundtable discussions of UK basketball, football and recruiting.

- Will be producing more offseason player profiles for all major Kentucky football contributors including snap counts, game grades (PFF), analytics, projections and what we're hearing, and that starts soon after all our spring game stuff is exhausted.

- We ran the analytic piece of Ashton Hagans' freshman season. Next up is Immanuel Quickley this week and we'll be doing that, courtesy of Synergy Sports' data, this week and beyond.

Again, feedback and what you want is welcome!

If money is an issue I can only do so much, but let me know and I will offer some suggestions that might convince you to come over to the House of Blue side.
I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you. Could you repeat that again?;)

Reactions: JRowland
Anyone who can afford it should seriously contemplate signing up for premium. For the longest time, I had the attitude of “Why pay for information that’s eventually gonna be free?” And there is some truth to that but the HOB has some big time contributors with major ties to the college basketball and football scene. There are a ton of informative stories on players, coaches and the program in general. And as far as “insiders” who post there, you can count on the few who do have and share info to be accurate. You get your money’s worth.

Breaking news used to drive most subscriptions along with people liking to believe premium posters are sometimes well connected with solid info (and some are).

But I think the premium value of any subscription site has shifted to storytelling and analysis. What is happening macro and micro beyond the quick tweet with the headline. The horse race, the why, the what might change.

Its not for everyone but folks seem to enjoy as a nice diversion from the regular life grind.

I was premium for years. My new debit card won’t let me get premium. My bank won’t allow it for some reason

I’m sure the premium info is great, and well ahead of actual announcement dates. However, I cannot justify paying more for eventually free info, then I do for my netflix or HBO accounts.

I would strongly suggest that you guys lower your monthly rate if you want to attract new customers. I’m not poor, but part of that of that is because I make financial decisions based on their value to me and the asking price.

Right now, I personally value getting eventually into ahead of time at $5 a month. I do not value eventual free info with a service like netflix, HBO, Hulu, etc.

I’m not bashing premium members or the staff of the board. I’m just trying to give you a prospective customer’s opinion.

Also, I couldn’t help but notice that you have ads on the free board, RR. That means you are getting money from just subscribers. Something to keep in mind when your charging so much for sports information that is, eventually (in the span of a week up to maybe a month or 2) , free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT