ADVERTISEMENT

Since 2016, Cal is 0 for 10 on Top 5 recruits

A good portion of those names we never even seriously recruited.

Kahlil Whitney and Tyrese Maxey are both top 10 on the 247 composite: https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Whitney is also the #1 player at the SF position in the 2019 class and Maxey is the #2 CG in his class. I.e., they are top 10 and top 1 and top 2 players at their positions that fills a roster need for Kentucky. What is there to complain about?

Whitney is also the #1 player at the SF position in the 2019 class and Maxey is the #2 CG in his class. I.e., they are top 10 and top 1 and top 2 players at their positions that fills a roster need for Kentucky. What is there to complain about?
Some on here just like to complain unless we are going 40-0, winning every game by 20+ and snagging every Top player available. Most of us are pumped with the of players we get. Cal usually brings not just great kids on the court, but usually great young men off the court also. We have been very blessed with the guys that have come through here. We get the right guys.

Maxey is going to be a stud and I can't wait to see Brooks and Whit out there with him. Sestina will give some nice balance and another body in the frontcourt. Right now even if Herro and KJ go and it stays about where it is we have 4 Freshman, 4 Sophomores, 1 Junior and 1 Senior. If we get Kj or Herro back it will be insane, although both are unlikely so I think we still need at least one more guy.

Apparently getting the top 3 players in the class (Duke) isn’t enough these days either.
If Cal could have landed that class to go with PJ then it would have been enough and stood a much better chance than the alternates we got in their place. We wouldn’t have gotten Herro, Keldon, EJ or Reid, but I think we would have got to the f4 and possibly won it all. Coaching one year players is not something every coaching style is adept at doing. That Duke couldn’t is not a unilateral statement across the whole of college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT