ADVERTISEMENT

Simi Shittu to Vanderbilt

Garland and Shittu could be a nice tandem for Vandy next season. That's two top 10-15ish guys.

Are these the two best recruits to ever sign with Vandy?
I would think so. They had that one 5* kid back in 2009, John Jenkins.... just looked him up and he was ranked #15.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
I am going to have to learn how to pronounce his last name, lol. Can you imagine what's like for him to be introduced as a starter, or after he makes a big play, and the crowd starts to chant his name? Censors will be beside themselves trying to figure out what to do.

That's the difference in Vandy and UK. At Vandy, he will be a pain in our side for years. At UK, he would have been a pain in everyone else's side, for one.

Because we're a platform to excel at and at Vandy he'll be handicapped and look like less of a player than he could be. Good enough to hate to play him, not good enough to go. But look at our team. We have someone like Washington who's playing well be freshman standards who looks like a multi year guy, and most of us (myself included) want more and aren't happy with his production so far. To get guys to be here multiple years, it means accepting they'll not be up to our standard for a while. Look at Gabriel as another example.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Man, Vandy landing some studs. When they get Langford they will have the #2 ranked class behind Duke for 2018.

This might be the year that UK is not in the top 2 for the first time since Cal arrived.

People will cry about it, but with us having a lot of guys likely coming back, it's understandable.

Man, Vandy landing some studs. When they get Langford they will have the #2 ranked class behind Duke for 2018.

Until we add Zion. If we finish up with he and Brown or another big in the spring we'll be in line for the top spot.

Plus they still have to actually land Langford.

Basically there's too much left to play out.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Until we add Zion. If we finish up with he and Brown or another big in the spring we'll be in line for the top spot.

Shhh...don't interrupt his negativity. It gives him something to look forward to everyday.

Remember when Ole Miss was suddenly pulling the best football talent in the country with a new staff that hadn't proven themselves or even laid any groundwork with recruiting pipelines?

Adam-DeVine-Yes.gif

Reactions: dustyorleans
How is Vanderbilt getting better players then us, I am so sick of this crap.

I think the FBI investigation was helpful for sure, but one theory is just that Bryce Drew has a great personality and his energy is attractive to people. It's really really hard not to like Coach Drew for what it's worth.

I just hope we get him everything he needs to be successful and be here for a long time.

Dude is a stud.

Something is going on with our recruiting we are not getting it done. Can't believe Vanderbilt is doing better then us puke is killing us right now. It does not look good for us now with zion all the experts say Clemson.

Reactions: gojvc

Cal said he will add 1, maybe 2 to this class.

If he adds Williamson and Brown, then put us right behind Duke at 2.

If it's just Williamson, probably still number 2.

If we add just Brown or Brown and another 4-star, not so sure. Depends on who everyone else lands.

Good news is, Cal has said he has met his needs for next season, so he expects a lot of guys back.

Returning studs instead of incoming studs. I think that is the trade off everyone wants.

Remember when Ole Miss was suddenly pulling the best football talent in the country with a new staff that hadn't proven themselves or even laid any groundwork with recruiting pipelines?

Can't speak to Ole Miss other than Freeze was a well known Memphis HS coach. As for hoops, Bryce Drew and Roger Powell had a reputation for being good at building relationships at Valpo, even with kids who were unlikely to go to Valpo, so I wouldn't infer they weren't laying groundwork.

I do know the religious aspect is huge for both of them....dunno how that plays into building relationships though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT