ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day #2 is 2 weeks away.

Nov 21, 2023
Any new adds? The staff always seems to add a project type player on Day #2? A kid that was injured and got overlooked.
Travis Kearney RB out of Florida comes to mind?
Maybe the portal has changed all that?

Any new adds? The staff always seems to add a project type player on Day #2? A kid that was injured and got overlooked.
Travis Kearney RB out of Florida comes to mind?
Maybe the portal has changed all that?
I'm guessing, based on nothing but a hunch, UK will add two HS guys but just who is anybody's guess.

Sounds like it is inevitable the Dec early signing day will be going away soon. They might add an earlier signing period in August for kids on schedule to graduate HS early & enroll in Dec.

Perusing the recruiting database on here and thinking about positions of high need (both present and future), I wonder if this OT prospect from Georgia would be a possible addition.

I used delimiters of a Rivals Rating of 5.5 or higher, South/Mid-Atlantic/Midwest regions, and Medium or High interest in Kentucky with an offer.

Last edited:
There's been major changes over the years in signing days. Years, actually decades ago, coaches would physically carry scholarships, with friendly media in tow, to the HS star you desired to sign. There were stories of Coach A waiting in the den while the star listened to the pleas of Coach B in the kitchen as Coach C chills in the back yard as Coach D pulls into the driveway. And these guys arrived via stretch lemos or, in more than one instance, by helicopter in the player's yard. NCAA did away with coach in-person signings, don't recall the year, mainly due to the antics of Barry Switzer. And the days of the fax was born.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT