ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - Sign of the times

You might joke but the NCAA is facing a lawsuit on this very issue which is triggering the ability of universities to pay players. Players who were not able to get NIL have sued the NCAA for deprivation of earnings potential and there will be a multi-billion dollar settlement going toward them (which will be multi-million when the lawyers get their cut).
Disgusting.

The more time goes by....and the older I become, the less interested I am in society and culture. I know every generation basically says that, but doesn't it just feel like the downward spiral has picked up a lot of steam in the last 20 years?
Everything is becoming more and more abstract and automated.

Reactions: know1
You might joke but the NCAA is facing a lawsuit on this very issue which is triggering the ability of universities to pay players. Players who were not able to get NIL have sued the NCAA for deprivation of earnings potential and there will be a multi-billion dollar settlement going toward them (which will be multi-million when the lawyers get their cut).
Nothing surprises me. Lawyers are willing to sue for anything and in todays society anything goes.

Reactions: bbncal02
Find it amusing that fans can be upset about kids getting their cut of the thousands of dollars that each fan has paid for UK merch, tix, cable bills, and subscriptions to online forums just to complain about it.

You don’t want them to make money then stop paying to see them play. Stop buying the merch.

Who should get all that money? Cable companies? Shoe companies? Coaches? The University? Mitch?

How much is a bottle of water at commonwealth now minus the Kfund “donation” to upgrade your seats?

Yet here we are still raising money for NIL?

College sports is a multi billion dollar business. Pay the players their cut. Revenue sharing is the way and it will happen sooner or later.

Over correction? They went from non market based compensation (scholly's and food) to market based compensation. In a capitalist environment, you're worth what the market will pay you. Nobody bats and eye when a coach signs a huge contract, but let some minority kids get paid and watch everyone cry about how bad things have gotten.
Predictable race hustling trash.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Because it’s tacky. We have teachers, firemen, police, EMS that work their ass of and are treated like dirt. Yet catch a ball and get a Lambo for awhile.

I understand that’s what the market is deciding. Just expressing I think the market sucks.
I agree with your sentiment 100. You just chose three occupations that don’t work their ass off. One is a perpetual child, one is is someone who works out and hopes something catches fire or someone wrecks and the last sits in a cruiser and tries to look swoll getting free coffee at a gas station.

I agree with your sentiment 100. You just chose three occupations that don’t work their ass off. One is a perpetual child, one is is someone who works out and hopes something catches fire or someone wrecks and the last sits in a cruiser and tries to look swoll getting free coffee at a gas station.
If that's not a joke, then you certainly are. Please don't bother calling 911. What a godawful shit take.

I didn't really want to comment on renting expensive cars for pointless reasons I just wanted to say was that not a fantastic f'ng album by Prince? Sign of the Times? Perfect from beginning to end. And he's playing basically every instrument. Have you heard him play bass? He's better than Flea!

I didn't really want to comment on renting expensive cars for pointless reasons I just wanted to say was that not a fantastic f'ng album by Prince? Sign of the Times? Perfect from beginning to end. And he's playing basically every instrument. Have you heard him play bass? He's better than Flea!
Prince was an amazing musician. We had him and Michael Jackson at the same time. Just an amazing era.

Which do you prefer? I know we don't have to choose, but if you had to pick. I don't know if I can pick and here I am asking you to.
That's really tough. I think Prince is the more consummate musician, but Jackson was the better performer overall style wise. Both were incredible.

That's really tough. I think Prince is the more consummate musician, but Jackson was the better performer overall style wise. Both were incredible.
That's actually a good way to put it. Prince was an incredible musician. Michael had a lot of help too. I think Dangerous is his best album and he had a lot of writing help on that album. Rod Temperton, I think on a couple of songs.

You are Exhibit 1A of why our society is crumbling right before our eyes.
No respect for the teachers, cops or firemen who help make up the backbone of America.
An illiterate, crime ridden society is what you are a huge part of helping to create as you and all the other idiots connect up on social media and unite to elect idiots that agree with you.
Idiocracy is real.

I hate what this country has become. We have too many athletes and media stars and not enough teachers, doctors and engineers. The correction is coming though, not to worry. When these fools realize bouncing a round ball no longer pays the bills because the country is bankrupt they're going to shit themselves.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Read today where the 1983 NC State team is suing the NCAA over NIL. There's no way the NCAA isn't going to be bled dry by all of these lawsuits.

I find it so ironic that some people who watch games, spend money on merchandise and attend games cheering on 18-22 year olds (some with over the top fandom), which produces millions upon millions of dollars for the university, are now upset that some of said money is going back into the athletes pockets.

The SEC distributed $741 million in revenue to member schools last year. Should the schools be getting rich off the backs of the players or should the players be getting their fair share too?

You are Exhibit 1A of why our society is crumbling right before our eyes.
No respect for the teachers, cops or firemen who help make up the backbone of America.
An illiterate, crime ridden society is what you are a huge part of helping to create as you and all the other idiots connect up on social media and unite to elect idiots that agree with you.
Idiocracy is real.

That’s the dude that brags about making his dad split his Netflix account bill.

He’s the epitome of a loon.

Only thing I’d argue is that the teaching profession has more loons like him than good role models.

Only thing I’d argue is that the teaching profession has more loons like him than good role models.
I still sub often in schools near me since retirement. Teachers I see daily are great role models and work very hard.
Can't speak personally to the bottom of the barrel schools in parts of Louisville/Lexington.
Had a friend who tried to work in one of those schools and make a difference. He transferred out after one of the kids told him there was rumors a gang hit was coming his way for disciplining some kids.
Tough teaching in those environments.

I highly disagree. At the college level? Maybe. But al the local level? Nah. There's a great deal of good teachers out there. Remember, most teachers can't set their own curricula anymore. They have to teach what they are told. And that along with lack of parental support in the classroom (i.e."My child would never..."), including lack of support from administrations scared to death of lawsuits is why the good ones are leaving in droves.

Reactions: KYExtemper
I highly disagree. At the college level? Maybe. But al the local level? Nah. There's a great deal of good teachers out there. Remember, most teachers can't set their own curricula anymore. They have to teach what they are told. And that along with lack of parental support in the classroom (i.e."My child would never..."), including lack of support from administrations scared to death of lawsuits is why the good ones are leaving in droves.

How many kids and how old are they?

Over correction? They went from non market based compensation (scholly's and food) to market based compensation. In a capitalist environment, you're worth what the market will pay you. Nobody bats and eye when a coach signs a huge contract, but let some minority kids get paid and watch everyone cry about how bad things have gotten.
Quit acting like a victim and, it isn't the same. Not at all. Coaches are paid for decade+ success, crazy responsibility and the never ending stress to perform in all facets of the job.

The players have none of that but many make more than their coaches. The system is totally ****ed up. There is a reckoning coming where common sense prevails and these players, minority or not, will lose most of the money they are wallowing in.

Reactions: TankedCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT