ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Jayden Quaintance playing 2 years at UK

2nd year recruitment will probably be harder than the first year
“I’ll probably stick with Kentucky, seeing all things go well,” Quaintance told Polacheck. “If everything goes how it’s supposed to go, I intend to play both years at the University of Kentucky.” this quote has me a little queasy. Just hope his first year is great for us.

Yeah I think it’s a bit early to get in a twist about what Jayden Quaintance might be doing in 2025. But that’s just me.
billy-ray-cyrus-achy-breaky-heart.gif

Hello Aike... 😁

“I’ll probably stick with Kentucky, seeing all things go well,” Quaintance told Polacheck. “If everything goes how it’s supposed to go, I intend to play both years at the University of Kentucky.” this quote has me a little queasy. Just hope his first year is great for us.
Most likely he’s gonna be one of our best players making good NIL so I don’t see why he would dip.

Last edited:
"“I’ll probably stick with Kentucky, seeing all things go well,” Quaintance told Polacheck. “If everything goes how it’s supposed to go, I intend to play both years at the University of Kentucky.”"
This is exactly what any of us would tell our own sons to say. "Probably" is infinitely better than "maybe", especially with a kid who will already be making serious money at UK, surrounded by adoring fans, and have built real relationships with coaches and staff.

Spinning this into a potential negative is a stretch.

This is exactly what any of us would tell our own sons to say. "Probably" is infinitely better than "maybe", especially with a kid who will already be making serious money at UK, surrounded by adoring fans, and have built real relationships with coaches and staff.

Spinning this into a potential negative is a stretch.

I agree.

There are no definites in life.

Time to “pony up!”
I bet he makes more than Oscar did here.

We might have a roster that includes a third-year Reed Sheppard, a second-year Jayden Quaintance, and one of the best incoming recruiting classes in the Calipari era, potentially headlined by A.J. Dybansta.

The money will definitely be there for Quaintance. If the G-League Ignite can do better than what will probably be $2 million + from UK-based NIL, God bless them.

We might have a roster that includes a third-year Reed Sheppard, a second-year Jayden Quaintance, and one of the best incoming recruiting classes in the Calipari era, potentially headlined by A.J. Dybansta.

The money will definitely be there for Quaintance. If the G-League Ignite can do better than what will probably be $2 million + from UK-based NIL, God bless them.
Daffy warming up in the bullpen.

Daffy warming up in the bullpen.
There will be, of course, a bunch of our fans who say Reed is a OAD, but he doesn't have the measurables to play shooting guard, and he's not an elite point guard (could be by the end of year two, however).

I'd put it at 50/50 that he falls in love with UK, wants to stay here three years, and then goes pro once he's developed as an elite passer/ball handler. He's close right now, but not to the level where I see the NBA wanting to nab him in their top 40 draft picks (ala Tyler Ulis).

Yes, but they are mostly grad transfers like Dickinson.
No argument. Gets old though. Was it Ty Ty that said he was going to UK for as little time as possible and that he wants to get out asap. I get it, if I was him I would want to leave also and make $$$. I want more Thiero’s, Sheppards, Perry’s, and other players that don’t view a second year as being a failure. Oh well, I am getting old.

No argument. Gets old though. Was it Ty Ty that said he was going to UK for as little time as possible and that he wants to get out asap. I get it, if I was him I would want to leave also and make $$$. I want more Thiero’s, Sheppards, Perry’s, and other players that don’t view a second year as being a failure. Oh well, I am getting old.
Cason Wallace.

In all seriousness, that would be such a welcome change. Travis Perry coming back is a near certainty. I don’t think he will be a next level player.

In all seriousness, that would be such a welcome change. Travis Perry coming back is a near certainty. I don’t think he will be a next level player.
We'll also probably be bringing in a multi-year kid named Jeremiah Fears. He's 6'2", from Joliet, Illinois. I talked to him this Spring and he told me he wants to go to Kentucky if UK offers.

I know his family very well. We might have a nice guard collection:

6'2" Reed Sheppard
6'2" Jeremiah Fears
6'2" Travis Perry
6'4" Jasper Johnson
6'4" Maleek Thomas

We'll also probably be bringing in a multi-year kid named Jeremiah Fears. He's 6'2", from Joliet, Illinois. I talked to him this Spring and he told me he wants to go to Kentucky if UK offers.

6'2" Reed Sheppard
6'2" Jeremiah Fears
6'2" Travis Perry
6'4" Jasper Johnson
6'4" Maleek Thomas
That’s awesome! Nate Oats told Perry that he would keep a locker for him after he gets tired of playing behind 5 stars. That’s an actual quote. Perry will not run from competition and I believe he will graduate from UK.

6'2" Reed Sheppard
6'2" Jeremiah Fears
6'2" Travis Perry
6'4" Jasper Johnson
6'4" Maleek Thomas
Let’s hope he is on Cal’s radar!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

6'2" Reed Sheppard
6'2" Jeremiah Fears
6'2" Travis Perry
6'4" Jasper Johnson
6'4" Maleek Thomas
Maleek Thomas?

There will be, of course, a bunch of our fans who say Reed is a OAD, but he doesn't have the measurables to play shooting guard, and he's not an elite point guard (could be by the end of year two, however).

I'd put it at 50/50 that he falls in love with UK, wants to stay here three years, and then goes pro once he's developed as an elite passer/ball handler. He's close right now, but not to the level where I see the NBA wanting to nab him in their top 40 draft picks (ala Tyler Ulis).
If we get Reed for 3 years that would be a huge win. I’d honestly be super stoked at 2 years. The only thing that would keep him from going pro is evaluation that doesn’t understand what a great player he is. Measurable BS.

If we get Reed for 3 years that would be a huge win. I’d honestly be super stoked at 2 years. The only thing that would keep him from going pro is evaluation that doesn’t understand what a great player he is. Measurable BS.
I don’t pretend to know what a kid would do, but with parents that bleed blue and value education plus NIL, there is a chance that Shep could stick around for 3 years.

We could be absolutely loaded with Kentucky boys in 25-26.

Shep, Perry, and Jasper Johnson at guard.

Then there’s Tyran Stokes who is from Louisville and is #1 in the ‘26 class. If he reclasses and comes to UK, there’s a good chance the Cats have three starters from the Bluegrass with Sheppard, Johnson in the backcourt and Stokes at the 4.

And there’s also a 6’10 kid named Moreno from Kentucky as well.

Those kids with a Sophomore Quaintance would be be a great core.

I’d like to have an all UK boys back court that can actually play. That would be cool. I dunno how they will do defensively but I’m sure we will have a couple 5 stars to go with them. Always great to have multi year depth too.
So he's a Kentucky kid? I'm not sure I've seen his name connected to us

I don’t pretend to know what a kid would do, but with parents that bleed blue and value education plus NIL, there is a chance that Shep could stick around for 3 years.

We could be absolutely loaded with Kentucky boys in 25-26.

Shep, Perry, and Jasper Johnson at guard.

Then there’s Tyran Stokes who is from Louisville and is #1 in the ‘26 class. If he reclasses and comes to UK, there’s a good chance the Cats have three starters from the Bluegrass with Sheppard, Johnson in the backcourt and Stokes at the 4.

And there’s also a 6’10 kid named Moreno from Kentucky as well.

Those kids with a Sophomore Quaintance would be be a great core.
6'7ish kid from Washington county is also getting a look. I believe he's a sophomore? Weiss, maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT