ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Feamle athletes at Oregon sue the university on title IX grounds; cite NIL as well.

This thread certainly devolved.

The trans debate amuses me. It’s a small fraction of the population, but to hear some of the histrionics, it would seem as if it’s 70 percent of the population waiting to jump out at a drag show to groom everyone’s children.

But, I grew up with glam metal and a lot of dudes looked like chicks (and performed in speedos with suspenders or some assless chaps) and nobody seemed to mind as long as there were decent riffs and a banger power ballad on every record.

Count me as one who could GAF less about the existence of trans people. Lifestyle ain’t for me because I enjoy being a dude who likes women. But trans folks don’t bother me or scare me, nor do I view them as a threat to society. Basically, my same stance as I had on the gays 10 years ago when they were granted the right to marry and it was going to be the end of the world as we knew it and blah blah blah.
Do u even pay attn? We care because it's been pushed on children. No one cares what adults do. But as long as children are being conditioned , and yes they are before you come back and argue we care a lot. It's a mental illness and a cover for pedophiles

I can't even fathom who some of you are actually talking to here. We've got posters diagnosing millions on the fly and another above me so threatened that he's posting (on a board of likely, if not all, middle aged and older straight men) that trans people want to force him to accept their lifestyle and he's warning them (again, on a board of mostly, if not all, straight men) that they better stay out of his face and away from his kids. This is dipping into obsession as these same anti-trans threads pop up almost monthly with the same opinions and the same fears. I don't know what social media accounts taught you that most, if not all, trans people desire your kids but you guys gotta get a grip on reality and stop pretending to be frightened by shadows. There's no current law on the books that states you must create and have a boogeyman to bitch and freak out about. In fact, the only place I see anyone continue this topic of trans this and trans that - is here, on this board.

I doubt I'd like Taylor Swift...so I don't listen to Taylor Swift and I don't complain about Taylor Swift. If you've decided you don't like or are permanently uncomfortable with trans people, cool I guess. One idea might be to stop thinking about them every couple weeks. Hard to take some of you seriously when you seem to act like the trans community are pedo vampires you must ward off at night while your children sleep. Alright, it's 5/13. I think by 6/15 there'll be another thread whining about trans people. Prove me wrong and learn to enjoy life and the people around you, even if they're different than you.
The problem is that we do have girls who have been seriously hurt in sporting events by men pretending to women. Now you can say you don't care because it doesn't affect you but that doesn't make you better than anyone else... it just makes you a narcissist. And that is fine. Lots of narcissist in the world. I am going to keep saying something is wrong if I feel it's wrong whether or not it affects you personally though. Have a good one chief and start reading up on some of this stuff or it will one day affect you personally and you'll be saying "how did it get this bad?"....

Reactions: PhDcat2018
This thread certainly devolved.

The trans debate amuses me. It’s a small fraction of the population, but to hear some of the histrionics, it would seem as if it’s 70 percent of the population waiting to jump out at a drag show to groom everyone’s children.

But, I grew up with glam metal and a lot of dudes looked like chicks (and performed in speedos with suspenders or some assless chaps) and nobody seemed to mind as long as there were decent riffs and a banger power ballad on every record.

Count me as one who could GAF less about the existence of trans people. Lifestyle ain’t for me because I enjoy being a dude who likes women. But trans folks don’t bother me or scare me, nor do I view them as a threat to society. Basically, my same stance as I had on the gays 10 years ago when they were granted the right to marry and it was going to be the end of the world as we knew it and blah blah blah.
Or how about the fact that a fraction of a fraction of the population is able to get so much attn by our government... Trans people are way over represented in some very important jobs in DC. Like many have said... trans is a mental illness.... It would seem like a bad idea to have mentally ill people in jobs where their decisions affect millions of people.

I know.... It's just 20 to 30 people in one city.... But I can post the same thing from multiple cities. It shouldn't be political to have standards. Children should be off limits to anyone.

Do u even pay attn? We care because it's been pushed on children. No one cares what adults do. But as long as children are being conditioned , and yes they are before you come back and argue we care a lot. It's a mental illness and a cover for pedophiles

Still not seeing it being “pushed” on children unless we’re talking drag shows, but as I alluded to earlier, I saw Bon Jovi and Cinderella in concert in 1989 … with my parents. I was 9. My mom thought Cinderella were chicks for the longest time judging by their first album cover. Saw more dudes in eye makeup that night than you could see at a drag show.

In my lifetime, we’ve saved the children from heavy metal (and pop metal). We saved the children from gangsta rap. We saved the children from video games. We saved the children from the gays. Now we’re saving the children from the trans people.

Pardon me for being skeptical of the fear. Not really a boogeyman type.

Or how about the fact that a fraction of a fraction of the population is able to get so much attn by our government... Trans people are way over represented in some very important jobs in DC. Like many have said... trans is a mental illness.... It would seem like a bad idea to have mentally ill people in jobs where their decisions affect millions of people.

I know.... It's just 20 to 30 people in one city.... But I can post the same thing from multiple cities. It shouldn't be political to have standards. Children should be off limits to anyone.

Pardon me for bot freaking out. Are we really trying to insinuate what happens st what looks to be some kind of rally in NYC is concurrently happening in ______ County, Kentucky?

If we get two decades from now and half the country is trans, I will logon to this forum in 2044 and tell you the fear was warranted. If trans folks continue to be 1 percent of society or less as they’ve always been, I will say the fear was unwarranted.

Still not seeing it being “pushed” on children unless we’re talking drag shows, but as I alluded to earlier, I saw Bon Jovi and Cinderella in concert in 1989 … with my parents. I was 9. My mom thought Cinderella were chicks for the longest time judging by their first album cover. Saw more dudes in eye makeup that night than you could see at a drag show.

In my lifetime, we’ve saved the children from heavy metal (and pop metal). We saved the children from gangsta rap. We saved the children from video games. We saved the children from the gays. Now we’re saving the children from the trans people.

Pardon me for being skeptical of the fear. Not really a boogeyman type.
You choose not to see it. It's anywhere and everywhere even with Google. You obviously don't have any kids either.

Liberal parents are pushing crap on 4 and 5 yr Olds. Govts in liberal cities are persecuting parents for not accepting their transition. Teachers are encouraging kids to transition without telling their parents. Girls have raped in bathrooms at schools.

You are like the German citizens that chose to look the other way. Makes you worse.

My own daughter in high-school didn't want to discuss the boys being girls topic because of peer pressure among other kids at school. And we live in as rural ky as there is. I can only imagine if we still lived in Lexington. And that's just here.

Don't give us the shit that you don't see it. You are choosing to close your eyes in fear of supporting conservatives on any topic. You would rather hate Trump and conservatives than stand up for something that they support even if means closing your eyes to child abuse. It's pathetic

Pardon me for bot freaking out. Are we really trying to insinuate what happens st what looks to be some kind of rally in NYC is concurrently happening in ______ County, Kentucky?

If we get two decades from now and half the country is trans, I will logon to this forum in 2044 and tell you the fear was warranted. If trans folks continue to be 1 percent of society or less as they’ve always been, I will say the fear was unwarranted.
No. Just pointing out it isn't just a few people. It's out in the open. You just need to see it and admit. If you wont admit what you're seeing then why even enter this talk?

What a bunch of worthless rejects.

Reactions: hmt5000
1ai1xf.jpg

You have a lot to say in this thread for someone who thinks this is a non-issue.

Reactions: WildcatofNati2
You choose not to see it. It's anywhere and everywhere even with Google. You obviously don't have any kids either.

Liberal parents are pushing crap on 4 and 5 yr Olds. Govts in liberal cities are persecuting parents for not accepting their transition. Teachers are encouraging kids to transition without telling their parents. Girls have raped in bathrooms at schools.

You are like the German citizens that chose to look the other way. Makes you worse.

My own daughter in high-school didn't want to discuss the boys being girls topic because of peer pressure among other kids at school. And we live in as rural ky as there is. I can only imagine if we still lived in Lexington. And that's just here.

Don't give us the shit that you don't see it. You are choosing to close your eyes in fear of supporting conservatives on any topic. You would rather hate Trump and conservatives than stand up for something that they support even if means closing your eyes to child abuse. It's pathetic

He is not just looking the other way, he is attempting to convince everyone that they too should just look away.

I can't even fathom who some of you are actually talking to here. We've got posters diagnosing millions on the fly and another above me so threatened that he's posting (on a board of likely, if not all, middle aged and older straight men) that trans people want to force him to accept their lifestyle and he's warning them (again, on a board of mostly, if not all, straight men) that they better stay out of his face and away from his kids. This is dipping into obsession as these same anti-trans threads pop up almost monthly with the same opinions and the same fears. I don't know what social media accounts taught you that most, if not all, trans people desire your kids but you guys gotta get a grip on reality and stop pretending to be frightened by shadows. There's no current law on the books that states you must create and have a boogeyman to bitch and freak out about. In fact, the only place I see anyone continue this topic of trans this and trans that - is here, on this board.

I doubt I'd like Taylor Swift...so I don't listen to Taylor Swift and I don't complain about Taylor Swift. If you've decided you don't like or are permanently uncomfortable with trans people, cool I guess. One idea might be to stop thinking about them every couple weeks. Hard to take some of you seriously when you seem to act like the trans community are pedo vampires you must ward off at night while your children sleep. Alright, it's 5/13. I think by 6/15 there'll be another thread whining about trans people. Prove me wrong and learn to enjoy life and the people around you, even if they're different than you.
Here's the difference.....Swift isn't insisting you accept her and her music. She isn't demanding special protection under the law. She isn't mandating you become an "ally" in the workplace. She isn't demanding her music be played in schools. She isn't demanding we recognize her music as normal as a dude thinking he's a gal or a gal thinking she's a dude. Or in some cases....the furries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT