ADVERTISEMENT

Should MB ban Cal from attending NBA draft night

loucatfan

Junior
Jul 6, 2005
Cal’s attendance at draft night will hurt UK season ticket sales . It will be a reminder he used us as an NBA development league rather
than trying to win, allowing him a to attend is simply allowing him to rub it in our faces .

Reactions: NociHTTP
What the hell does the NBA draft have to do with winning or losing? Will we win more games if he doesn’t attend the draft?

Cal’s attendance at draft night will hurt UK season ticket sales . It will be a reminder he used us as an NBA development league rather than trying to win, allowing him a to attend is simply allowing him to rub it in our faces .

Not quite sure if he can do that or not. It’s not like gambling or something. Just a perfectly legal place to be supporting his players.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Not quite sure if he can do that or not. It’s not like gambling or something. Just a perfectly legal place to be supporting his players.
This. And I don’t want to tell future coaches that your boss is going to limit what you can or can’t do in your free time.

My feelings on Cal and wanting him gone are well documented, but I want a new coach not a totalitarian AD.

That being said I also want a new AD that doesn’t give out stupid contracts.

It is amazing that people get upset with Calipari being at the draft or bragging about his draft picks. It is a huge recruiting tool when he does that.

Reactions: Kybluedude
It is amazing that people get upset with Calipari being at the draft or bragging about his draft picks. It is a huge recruiting tool when he does that.
Right, there are legitimate complaints about Cal, use them. The NBA draft thing or being mad about Kentucky having the most All Stars is weird to me. The people who talk about loyalty will turn around and say they don’t care about what happens to players after they leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncaaky
What the hell does the NBA draft have to do with winning or losing? Will we win more games if he doesn’t attend the draft?
I think it’s more the message he’s sending if he does go. You don’t claim that you’re to change things and then go out and do the same things you’ve been doing. Would the act of not going to the draft in and of itself mean more wins? Of course not. But at some point you have to do something to make the words that are coming out of your mouth more believable. Right now I don’t trust a single word coming out of his. What’s the saying? “Be the change you want to see”.

Crazy talk. Unless there's some off duty, off season, authoritarian control clause in his existing contract. You can't add one.
Where's the leverage for such a power grab? 'Hey Cal, we get to control your comings and goings from now on. Do what we say, or we'll give you 33 million dollars, and send you packing! Don't make me get my checkbook!'
I'm sure top coaches will be lined up to give up their autonomy and freedom to move about the cabin freely.

We are the only true blue blood program currently accepting failure to this degree. Are you happy with yourselves? WAKE THE F UP.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
1) No.

2) Calipari does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He sure isn’t going to listen to Barnhart regarding the most important night of his life each season, when he gets to see the launch of generational wealth (…in the form of late second round and D-League contracts).

I think it’s more the message he’s sending if he does go. You don’t claim that you’re to change things and then go out and do the same things you’ve been doing. Would the act of not going to the draft in and of itself mean more wins? Of course not. But at some point you have to do something to make the words that are coming out of your mouth more believable. Right now I don’t trust a single word coming out of his. What’s the saying? “Be the change you want to see”.
Well maybe he should wear shorts during games since irrelevant changes is what’s needed. The whole notion of touting your former players success in the NBA is ridiculous. I care about wins, not over emotional fans weird hang ups.

Well maybe he should wear shorts during games since irrelevant changes is what’s needed. The whole notion of touting your former players success in the NBA is ridiculous. I care about wins, not over emotional fans weird hang ups.
It's not about the draft for me, pick whatever Cal issue you want. It's about him saying he's going to change and then changing absolutely nothing. If we keep this man around we'll be right back here again next year bitching about how we were fooled, AGAIN! Stop falling for this man's crap. It's not surprising you'd miss the point entirely though.

Needs to ban him from Coaching in the games. Let him sit in a suite with the dogs

This is a ban I can support. Put him upstairs like an NFL coordinator and keep him away from the bench. I’m sure an assistant can handle yelling GOOOOOOOOO.

Hell yea. That'll show him. And while he's at it tell him to tell Cal to stay the hell out of Nashville too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT