ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting

FanofUK

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 7, 2006
Look there is a lot of time to get things right, but here we are again with issues making an open shot. They played off of Thiero and with good reason and they will eventually do it to Wagner, and Burks shots were not even close from range and Edwards- cmon.

If I can say anything to this current class, just work on shooting. We know you are fast, can dribble and can get to the rim and yes you can dunk.
But you are going against d1 athletes and coaches, they are going to REFUSE letting you get to the rim at will and it will be even harder if you CANNOT SHOOT!

JUST WORK ON SHOOTING! Work on making your release faster and rotation better, we know you can do the rest.

I mean, I am a pretty smart armchair coach, you should take my advice.

There may be time to get some things right and improve in a lot of areas. But how do you cram 2-3 years of game experience in less than a full season of basketball for every player on the team?

Wagner is a more than capable of shooting 30+% from 3, he is streaky but should be better than he has shown. He looks to be forcing his shots instead of just waiting for his shot. Plus he usually gets a few in the lane to fall that builds his confidence. J Wall was similar but Wagner is a much better shooter.

ben-simmons-brick.gif

If it was me and NBA was anywhere near my future I would be shooting so much every day my wrist would be limp. Not saying they aren't but I feel like they concentrate on something else that is not nearly as important as shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT