ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard and Pope.

lyngz

Junior
Jul 12, 2005
Do you think this hire makes Reed more likely to stay one more year given the history?

GO CATS!!!
WOOOOO!!!!!

Is one more year with Reed worth burning the program down? No thanks. If hiring Pope is what it took for Reed to come back they can both leave.

Reed loves UK but he’s very soon gonna be making even more millions and will have his own thing going on.

Lmao no. Why in the hell would it? Reed probably doesn’t even know Mark well at all and why in the hell would they risk his draft stock on a total unproven coach that could end up being a disaster? There’s no freaking way.

Doesn’t matter anyway, Reed for all 4 years isn’t worth hiring Pope and setting the program back another 4 years at minimum.

The alltime wins lead is for sure gone. 2nd place will probably be gone as well. We are about to lose a lot of records the next few years.

I’ve already told you there’s not one single chance he stays. Let it go.

“It’s over Johnny. IT’S OVER!”

If you name that quote without google you are a qualified genius.

Is one more year with Reed worth burning the program down? No thanks. If hiring Pope is what it took for Reed to come back they can both leave.

Reed loves UK but he’s very soon gonna be making even more millions and will have his own thing going on.
Another year of Reed could mean the boosters open their pockets, NIL flows to transfers, and next year looks brighter than most expect.

This could be a bridge to a decent future.

After all this time, not sure why I’m stunned by all the negativity and lack of vision, but I am.

There are a thousand ways that this deal might not work, but there are a thousand ways it could.

Makes more sense to me to focus more on the positives on day, what is it, day 1? Pretty early.

Another year of Reed could mean the boosters open their pockets, NIL flows to transfers, and next year looks brighter than most expect.

This could be a bridge to a decent future.

After all this time, not sure why I’m stunned by all the negativity and lack of vision, but I am.

There are a thousand ways that this deal might not work, but there are a thousand ways it could.

Makes more sense to me to focus more on the positives on day, what is it, day 1? Pretty early.
But what good is it if Reed comes back and we have nobody surrounding him? Which will lead to an awful season.

At that point the NIL money won’t be coming in anyway. Like we always say about Cal and everyone else, Kentucky is bigger than any player or coach.

If this decision was made based on Reed Sheppard’s return for ONE more year, then we’re further gone than I thought.

But what good is it if Reed comes back and we have nobody surrounding him? Which will lead to an awful season.

At that point the NIL money won’t be coming in anyway. Like we always say about Cal and everyone else, Kentucky is bigger than any player or coach.

If this decision was made based on Reed Sheppard’s return for ONE more year, then we’re further gone than I thought.
I don’t think you read the rest of my post.

Reactions: chroix
We are not winning anything next year and all Reed is going to do by coming back is take a chance on losing millions if he can't duplicate the absurd numbers he put up this year.

The part that it might and might not work? I got that. The direction of our program should not revolve around Reed Sheppard.
The part that if Reed comes back it might help with boosters, which will help with roster construction.

And a good season next year could lead to more good seasons.

But I get it. Everyone would prefer to whine and cry and convince themselves that life is over because of the basketball coach we just hired.

Reactions: chroix and AGEE11
The part that if Reed comes back it might help with boosters, which will help with roster construction.

But I get it. Everyone would prefer to whine and cry and convince themselves that life is over because of the basketball coach we just hired.
Participation Trophy mentality. I didn't get what I want, world is falling apart.

Reed comes back, good chance he brings Z too, as they were good friends according to a couple UK students at my church.

Use Reed to convince Fland to stay and Perry. Show Burks how misused he was.

Throw cash at the portal and a chance to play with Reed/Fland as PG and you're going to have a good team.

Now we have a coach who will gameplan and adjust. Hit the Sweet 16/Elite 8 next year and we're off folks.

Reactions: chroix

Again… I don’t understand why you feel like Reed Sheppard is the Savior of the program. I love Reed and think he’s a dang good player but he will only come back one more time, if that.

You said yourself a few weeks ago you were done until Cal’s gone, and I agreed with you. I wouldn’t have considered that whining even if I disagreed with you, which I didn’t. That was your opinion and I happened to agree with you. But it’s considered whining when you don’t agree with someone else?

If you can’t understand why fans are upset I have nothing else to say.

And no, nobody’s life is over because of the hire. But do I think the life of UK’s basketball program is…likely.

Reactions: JFCats22
Seems like Big Z would prefer to play under a coach who was a center in the NBA? Why would he follow Cal? It's not like Cal taught him anything . Same reasoning for Ugana.

Pope was Reed's roommate in College so I do think there is a small chance he stays. Travis Perry knows the history of Ky and Pope and will almost certainly stay.

Hope Ulis stays to coach the guards and recruit. Wonder if Rondo might be interested?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT