ADVERTISEMENT

Sharpe Enrolled in Summer and Fall Classes

To Rupp Rafters- Do you want mustard or mayo on your crow if SS returns?
Looks like there’s a chance.
I've been saying all along, while the odds are not good and I think he is probably leaving, there is a chance. And the incredibly negative group has called all of us "stupid" for thinking there is even a chance. They say "then why didn't he play?". Whether he leaves or stays, I think it was Cal's decision to not play him, because team chemistry was so good and we were playing so well, and adding Sharpe would have significantly affected Mintz and probably Grady's minutes. And once there were injuries, Cal thought we would get back to where we were once we were healthy again, not considering that we might not be 95-100% healthy again, as we now know we were NOT (Tyty & Grady). Also I think Cal thought he could save him till next year, and have a chance at back to back teams having a good chance at the trophy, thinking if he did play him even for 1 month that would give NBA teams enough of a chance to see him in live action to pick him early.

Last edited:
I mean he's an athletic freak of course he will destroy the workouts. Hopefully front offices remain skeptical to a degree.
NBA front offices remain skeptical? Remember these are the same front offices that drafted players like Darko Millicic, Adam Morrison, Dragon Bender, etc. high. If Sharpe can't show more in workouts than they did(surely he will), then he's not going to be the savior we need.

I mean that is great and all but 0% chance he returns IMO. I am surprised none of our resident conspiracy theorists have not theorized that Cal/Sharpe's handles had him do this to come back later on and say "See, he was torn" when he really was 100% gone.
Why would Sharpe's handlers care about what BBN thinks of him? They wouldn't!!!

Reactions: CowboyGumBoots
I wonder if my grandson can use UK gym to practice in? I understand this if you are actually a player for UK, but at this point and time, this kid is no more to UK than my grandson is.
What has this kid done for UK?

Reactions: KFuqua and dl51344
NBA front offices remain skeptical? Remember these are the same front offices that drafted players like Darko Millicic, Adam Morrison, Dragon Bender, etc. high. If Sharpe can't show more in workouts than they did, then he's not going to be the savior we need.
If I am an NBA team, I want to see a top 10 pick crush it in workouts, crush it in games, and crush it in interviews.
They've not been given the chance to see him crush it in games. And having not gone through the media circus that is UK basketball (he was protected in this area) and hearing that he is shy and reserved, I doubt he crushes it in interviews even if he is a good kid.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The idea of any one and done caliber player going to class and doing homework seems ludicrous to me. Can anyone enlighten me how this really works behind the scenes?

Is it normal for our players to take summer classes even if they are for sure coming back?

If I am an NBA team, I want to see a top 10 pick crush it in workouts, crush it in games, and crush it in interviews.
They've not been given the chance to see him crush it in games. And having not gone through the media circus that is UK basketball (he was protected in this area) and hearing that he is shy and reserved, I doubt he crushes it in interviews even if he is a good kid.
Some GM will take the chance based on potential alone.

I have always had hope he returns. I am beginning to think he will.

I still have to see it to believe it, but Paint Shop Pro boy and a few others will either need to retire or switch to one of their extra aliases if he returneth, lol.

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

I mean that is great and all but 0% chance he returns IMO. I am surprised none of our resident conspiracy theorists have not theorized that Cal/Sharpe's handles had him do this to come back later on and say "See, he was torn" when he really was 100% gone.

Oh that's coming, they are just out hunting for colored eggs at this point in the proceedings.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I've been saying all along, while the odds are not good and I think he is probably leaving, there is a chance. And the incredibly negative group has called all of us "stupid" for thinking there is even a chance. They say "then why didn't he play?". Whether he leaves or stays, I think it was Cal's decision to not play him, because team chemistry was so good and we were playing so well, and adding Sharpe would have significantly affected Mintz and probably Grady's minutes. And once there were injuries, Cal thought we would get back to where we were once we were healthy again, not considering that we might not be 95-100% healthy again, as we now know we were NOT (Tyty & Grady). Also I think Cal thought he could save him till next year, and have a chance at back to back teams having a good chance at the trophy, thinking if he did play him even for 1 month that would give NBA teams enough of a chance to see him in live action to pick him early.
I don’t understand this line of thinking though. As far as injuries go, Cal has really gotten so bad with the I haven’t seen him. He supposedly coaches them everyday and he doesn’t know how hurt they are? Now we hear after the season Grady could barely crawl sometimes. That sounds like a good idea to play Sharpe then. Not like we were on fire the last month.

So the guy that watched his teammates play injured to protect his draft position, all the sudden is going to pass on millions by going pro to go back to summer school?

I can’t wait for that movie to come out🤣

Hey Kyle, not sure if you are aware, but Sharpe is already in the draft, and he ain’t pulling his name out. Nice gaslighting attempt though 👍🏼

Interesting little tidbit...still not getting my hopes up.

This is interesting to say the least, but it seems as if Sharpe is simply keeping all options open and on the table like I would also hope every single person on this board would do too. It is only smart for a kid his age with so much on the line, to always prepares and plans 2 steps ahead. But what do I know...

Last edited:
Sharpe's enrolling in those classes is nothing but a great cover story for Calipari ... that's all. Let's see how long it takes him to sign to go pro after the NBA draft !

I guess you probably blame Cal for kicking your cat too don't you lol.

I may be wrong, but doesn't class registration end soon? I think he's just filling out his schedule to "cover all angles" in the event he does return. No harm in doing so, doesn't cost a dime to schedule classes.
Actually, enrollment opened up at 10am yesterday. So not only did he enroll, but the timing of his enrollment is very interesting.

Interesting, but I will wait before getting into it just yet.

Be nice though.

Cals about to take the lakers job and he and Brad are trolling us.

Timme to UK started by Brad
Sharpe enrolling in summer class has Cals fingerprints all over

JK I don’t want anyone really believing that. In this environment some folks will regurgitate whatever they hear

Three thoughts...

1. Cal should beg for Sharpe to return. Beg. Plead. Bargain.

2. Why would Sharpe do this if he wasn't likely returning? Seriously, if he was gone there is literally no reason to enroll in Fall classes, much less Summer

3. If he doesn't return this is just another reason this whole thing was handled terribly. Whoever leaked to Tucker, why do it if there is a chance he doesn't return? Just makes it that much worse and another reason for BBN to get pissed off for getting their hopes up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT