ADVERTISEMENT

SGA, Fox, and Booker are currently #4, #5, and #8 in NBA scoring. All are averaging at least 29.6 points/game. Maxey is #13.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Think this will help with recruiting?

1f609.png

Reactions: Cats192
I definitely thought this kind of stuff would help once upon a time. I used to be way more invested in the success of the UK guys in the NBA because I thought high school kids would see it and want to come here.

It obviously hasn't worked out that way.

I definitely thought this kind of stuff would help once upon a time. I used to be way more invested in the success of the UK guys in the NBA because I thought high school kids would see it and want to come here.

It's worked since we brought back Antigua and added Chin.

We've signed the following RSCI top 6 guys in that span: Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, Quaintance. We're locked in on a few more over the next couple of years.

It's worked since we brought back Antigua and added Chin.

We've signed the following RSCI top 6 guys in that span: Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, Quaintance. We're locked in on a few more over the next couple of years.
Yeah. Recruiting is better. I’m not sure it’s anymore due to the NBA guys than it ever has been.

As you said, things got better after coaching changed. We’ve had great NBA players even when the recruiting fell off.

I think recruiting will continue to be great so long as we have Cal/Antigua/Chinn.

I think our most pressing issue had become the crappy, unexciting offense. But now that we’re playing a fun, modern style—Kids are gonna be eager to be part of it.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Well who knows. Maybe it helped with someone like Dilly, who saw just how good Cal has done with young but talented guards.

I'd like to think SOME of our recent recruiting success is due to Cals ability to get kids to the NBA.

And future recruits really better take notice. There might be a time in the not too far future where half the teams in the NBA have a Kentucky player for PG or SG. Dilly, DJ and Shep will all be on NBA teams.

Phoenix, Denver, OKC, Sacramento, NY, Philly, Miami, Portland (ugh), San Antonio... all have a Kentucky guard starting or as a 6th man. Could be adding 3 more cities to that list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT