ADVERTISEMENT

Several empty seats

It's a lot of things. One of them being that NIL and the transfer portal have dramatically lowered interest in college basketball.

Then add in cost, good home viewing options, time it takes to go to games, etc.

I've went to several games in Rupp when I was younger.
As I got older and 60 inch HD TV came along. I'd rather stay home. Steps from the fridge. Steps from restroom no waiting. No paying ridiculous ticket prices. Plus I don't get around good anymore. Struggle with travel due to back issues. For me it's a no Brainer.

Having said all of that. Every UK fan should expirence a big game in Rupp at least once. But what I said above is the main reason arenas aren't at capacity every game.

People just don't go to sporting events anymore in the same numbers as they used to. For the most part anyways.

I used to go to games. But prices now are just stupid unless you want to sit way up top. I'd rather sit at home in my recliner and be comfortable in HD. LoL

Ticketmaster's processing fees aren't what they used to be.
I think this is one of the biggest issues. It’s like this for sports and concerts. Look online and see a tix for $35 and go to checkout and somehow the total is now $58. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’d rather wait in a line, again, to get a tix at face value but that’s a thing of the past now.

We have a lot of season ticket holders willing to hold on to their seats and leave them empty rather than accept anything under $100 for even some mediocre games.

Rupp had some empties in the corners too the other night for 1 of our biggest home games of the year. Going to games is just not as popular as it used to be.

Reactions: catzfanjim
Rupp had some empties in the corners too the other night for 1 of our biggest home games of the year. Going to games is just not as popular as it used to be.
If you check Ticketmaster right up until tipoff there will be people trying to resell seats even to cupcake games for $250. Those seats end up empty. Given how easy it is to resell these days, you'd think they would rather have some money instead of no money for a seat they won't use, but nah.

Reactions: bthaunert
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT