ADVERTISEMENT

serious questiom about Lynn Bowden Jr.

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Was this the best season ever by any UK athlete ? Yes, I am including basketball. Convince me otherwise.

No not best ever by an athlete...but imo he is the best ever to don a UK uniform. To be put in the position he was in and have these results...enough said.

Besides Davis, have to consider:

Josh Allen last year with multiple major national
Awards.

And a gymnast / Jenny Hansen, IIRC - was a national star a couple decades ago

AJ Reid in baseball a few years ago deserved mention as national player of year

Even if Lynn’s may not be on that level, it’s just as memorable. He a football “unforgettable” IMO

Reactions: UKUGA
Best individual effort I've seen from any player. Nothing about this season went as planned. Everything was done on the fly. And he went out and said I'm going to be the best player out there every time we take the field AND I'm going have the biggest heart.

AD was amazing. But this would have been like AD doing what he did while playing point guard, taking 80-plus percent of the shots and only being allowed to shoot inside the paint while the other team put all 5 defenders inside the foul line.

Was this the best season ever by any UK athlete ? Yes, I am including basketball. Convince me otherwise.
Just think ... if he would've thrown that punch about 15 minutes later than when he did, he wouldn't have even played. Whew ...

Lynn Bowden's is the most shocking and surprising season (in the good direction) by a UK athlete... there are basketball players that have had better seasons but Bowden is a UK legend guaranteed.

Reactions: Mr.Morris
From listening to Bowden on postgame interviews all season, I think Lynn would say “It’s this teams best season, because I couldn’t do it without them.” Kid is a very humble and gracious player. And a great leader! I hope my Redskins are able to get him.

AD played on a team that was full of terrific athletes....we were always going to be one of the elite teams in CBB that year.

What Bowden did was so unique I'm not sure I can recall any comparisons in college football history.

The QB position is changing. LB is the new protype. If he could pass effectively he would be a top pick. We will see what the league thinks.

Sure. All the rest of UK sports are for pussies. Where else do they come out of every game bruised all over?

The fact that Bowden was here long enough to become part of the fabric of UK in his 2/12 yrs and the fact he is close to a degree before he turn pro should mean something . Nothing against Davis but staying one full semester and 2 months in the spring on his way to the pro’s doesn’t seem to be a as personal as Len Bowden heroics.

Reactions: catrock78
[QUOTE="acatnamedmyra, post: 8520212, member: 5872"]Leaving basketball aside, he's the greatest Kentucky football player, including Parilli and Art STILL.[/QUOTE]

FIFY...

The fact that Bowden was here long enough to become part of the fabric of UK in his 2/12 yrs and the fact he is close to a degree before he turn pro should mean something . Nothing against Davis but staying one full semester and 2 months in the spring on his way to the pro’s doesn’t seem to be a as personal as Len Bowden heroics.

He may of meant more for a season than any player, but on a national scale Davis might of made the biggest impact. National player of the year, national champion, Olympic gold medalist.

No need to compare Bowden.

Like all of our UK greats, we will be telling his Legendary story for decades.
I agree 100%!!! It’s okay to have more than one UK great.
Today was definitely his time to shine so let’s celebrate it.

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT