ADVERTISEMENT

Series tied 14-14

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
Winner on Sat takes the overall lead.
U of L has won 5 straight.
Its time to bring this ish to a hault.

I really believe we can beat UofL. Their OL is not that good, but we need someone to mark Jackson. If he has a big day running, they will win. We should be able to blitz him a lot. I hope the coaches have looked at the UofL versus Duke and Huston games, and I'm sure they have. When we blitz, someone has to be marking Jackson to make sure he doesn't get through the line for a big gain.
Our RB's should have a good day. I would like to see Snell and Boom both in there at the same time, even in the Wildcat formation.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: merrimanm
If they run the ball, they will kill us. We CAN NOT stop the run. Hell Austin Peay was running it down our throats. UofL's OL is not good at pass protection, but they are HUGE and really all they have to do is line up and running right at us.
If they use the UGA game plan and try to throw and Jackson is off target, it could be a tight game. Hopefully we can run the ball and run the clock down.

I really believe we can beat UofL. Their OL is not that good, but we need someone to mark Jackson. If he has a big day running, they will win. We should be able to blitz him a lot. I hope the coaches have looked at the UofL versus Duke and Huston games, and I'm sure they have. When we blitz, someone has to be marking Jackson to make sure he doesn't get through the line for a big gain.
Our RB's should have a good day. I would like to see Snell and Boom both in there at the same time, even in the Wildcat formation.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
I agree with this Willievic! Please see my post, - this board- Not buying prognosis re UK losing this game!

Kind of misleading. Louisville has control over the series since it's been renewed.

I don't see that changing. I'd say they will continue to win an average of two out of three.

Sucks.

Last edited:
I just don't see it unless UK really controls the clock. Like "Austin Peay first Q" controlling the clock and putting the ball in the endzone every single time UK has the ball. Jackson is just too athletic for our defense to even think UK is going to slow him down. Gotta have some trick plays work too. I think UL routs us

I do believe UK will? No but I do believe UK has 50-50 shot at winning the game.....

I just don't see it unless UK really controls the clock. Like "Austin Peay first Q" controlling the clock and putting the ball in the endzone every single time UK has the ball. Jackson is just too athletic for our defense to even think UK is going to slow him down. Gotta have some trick plays work too. I think UL routs us
Lamar is the major difference without him UofL probably not in the top 25. Last 2 years injuries have changed the game in one way or another.

Reactions: kats23
Lamar is the major difference without him UofL probably not in the top 25. Last 2 years injuries have changed the game in one way or another.

I'll agree with that, they are a one man show. However, that man torched us last year and if given the chance, can torch us again. He's a special player.

Yes he is but regardless of how bad a defense you have one thing you have to do is make him make quick decisions. UofL tries alot of deep routes to open running lanes up and than drag a guy over the middle. If not open he takes off, pretty simple but it works

They are more than just Lamar Jackson. Fields, Hearns, Staples, Quick, Kelsey, etc.. and their OL can't be that bad...they are only #1 in College football in total offense.

They are more than just Lamar Jackson. Fields, Hearns, Staples, Quick, Kelsey, etc.. and their OL can't be that bad...they are only #1 in College football in total offense.
Take Lamar away and it changes everything. Defense is decent and losing Jojo and Boom last year hurt this team in that game. I believe our receiver's can break lose on that secondary but can they catch it.

I believe UofL wins going away in the 2nd half but also believe UK has played teams that are overall better teams. Those players you mentioned are good players but ad a whole Lamar makes that team.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
I wonder if the staff even has a plan for LJ?

Winner on Sat takes the overall lead.
U of L has won 5 straight.
Its time to bring this ish to a hault.

The official series may be 14-14 but the reality is UL leads 14-8 in the modern series. Those first 6 games were before 1925 and UL was a small private college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT