ADVERTISEMENT

Sept. 12 in the Swamp...

We should have beaten them 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2019. 5 of 6 years. Instead just 1. Stoops seems to be able to get them fired up for road gamea like this early in the year so itll be a close game with a shot to win.

so itll be a close game with a shot to win.

Should be.

Hoping the stadiums only 1/3 full and we get out with the W. They should be very good, but I think we’ve got a great shot. Stoops has played FL close 5 of 7 times. Should’ve won in 2014, 2017 and 2019. Had a chance to win the close one in 2015 too.

2019 was another damn game where the stupid back-up QB came in and roasted us. Happens to us all the freaking time it seems. If only we didn’t knock Franks out of the game! With the entire off-season to prepare for Trask I think we’ve got a shot. But scout the damn back-up QB too though coach!

We beat South Carolina in 2015 on my 50th, so there is a little bit of history in our favor.....

Hmmm. Maybe we can figure out a way for you to have 12-14 birthdays every Fall/Winter! If you live to 200 years old, we can have 10-15 titles!

Reactions: ukalum1988
Hoping the stadiums only 1/3 full and we get out with the W. They should be very good, but I think we’ve got a great shot. Stoops has played FL close 5 of 7 times. Should’ve won in 2014, 2017 and 2019. Had a chance to win the close one in 2015 too.

2019 was another damn game where the stupid back-up QB came in and roasted us. Happens to us all the freaking time it seems. If only we didn’t knock Franks out of the game! With the entire off-season to prepare for Trask I think we’ve got a shot. But scout the damn back-up QB too though coach!
Don't forget our safety was thrown out of the game early on a horrible call. Then his backup was injured which pretty much coincided with the backup QB coming in.

Last edited:
Hell, other than 2016 when they beat us senseless, we should have won every one of them since 2015. The beating we took in 16 wasn't nearly as bad as losing last year.
I can't wait to show up in Gainesville and whip some Gator ass!

since 2015.

Since 2014. Overtime in the Swamp, and UF got a no call on an expired play-clock on third down trailing by 7.

In ‘15 or ‘17, Dorian Baker dropped a TD that hit him in the numbers . . . we lost by 5 or 6 points.

We coulda’, shoulda’, woulda’ won 5 of the last 6.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Gator fans are talking an undefeated season. They do have a pretty favorable schedule TBH. Would be amazing to open up SEC play by crapping all over their hopes and dreams. Terry is fixin to eat boys!

Gonna be a long hard day for the Gators. I know that. They will be beaten and bruised. Hopefully we can prevail.

Last year's game was such bs for a lot of reasons. We ultimately got beat because we lost some DB's and played some nonsense prevent thing down the stretch and their QB had all sort of room to throw the ball. Guess we didn't pressure him well either, but I just remember DB's sitting 10 yards away from receivers. That ain't happening this year.

We were the better team to start that game. We didn't finish that way. I think we missed a golden opportunity because Felipe Franks ain't walking back through that door; we're going to have to beat better Florida teams now.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Yeah don't remind me. I do believe that Trask is the better QB than Franks. Remember he transferred to Florida from Texas A&M because he wasnt gonna beat out Mond IIRC. Mullen stayed loyal to Franks because he didnt want dissent in the locker room....Franks was the guy there even though Trask is clearly better.

So, I know weve been burnt a billion times by backups but the reality is Trask isnt really a scrub backup. However, we completely changed our defensive aggressiveness once those bs penalties hurt our secondary. You got one guy on an island....I get the concern because he was unproven but we just let ourselves bleed out by a thousand cuts instead of forcing the pressure and making Trask exploit that advantage. Until he showed us that he COULD beat out our pressure and consistently exploit the perceived mismatch (and for all we know our CB would have been fine...we never got to see) there was no reason other than an overabundance of caution to take our foot off the gas.

The reality is, and Stoops has shown hes not gonna do it more often than not, youre gonna have to be gutsy in these kind of games. Caution might work against Vandy or Arkansas, but Florida...Tennessee....you better put every damn card you have on the table. Weve lost 30 in a row to these guys until recently. Fans arent going to be mad at you if we lose trying everything we can ie Tennessee last season. UT stuffed Lynn on 4th and 2. What can you say? But holding onto the lead for dear life v Florida when we could have just kept punching them....what the hell are we doing? Dont stop. Not in this league. Dont ever stop until the 4th quarter is over. And I realize Stoops wasnt here when Spurrier was there, but sportsmanship be damned v Florida. We saw them run the score up on us too many times for me to give a damn about sportsmanship v them.

Yeah don't remind me. I do believe that Trask is the better QB than Franks. Remember he transferred to Florida from Texas A&M because he wasnt gonna beat out Mond IIRC. Mullen stayed loyal to Franks because he didnt want dissent in the locker room....Franks was the guy there even though Trask is clearly better.

So, I know weve been burnt a billion times by backups but the reality is Trask isnt really a scrub backup. However, we completely changed our defensive aggressiveness once those bs penalties hurt our secondary. You got one guy on an island....I get the concern because he was unproven but we just let ourselves bleed out by a thousand cuts instead of forcing the pressure and making Trask exploit that advantage. Until he showed us that he COULD beat out our pressure and consistently exploit the perceived mismatch (and for all we know our CB would have been fine...we never got to see) there was no reason other than an overabundance of caution to take our foot off the gas.

The reality is, and Stoops has shown hes not gonna do it more often than not, youre gonna have to be gutsy in these kind of games. Caution might work against Vandy or Arkansas, but Florida...Tennessee....you better put every damn card you have on the table. Weve lost 30 in a row to these guys until recently. Fans arent going to be mad at you if we lose trying everything we can ie Tennessee last season. UT stuffed Lynn on 4th and 2. What can you say? But holding onto the lead for dear life v Florida when we could have just kept punching them....what the hell are we doing? Dont stop. Not in this league. Dont ever stop until the 4th quarter is over. And I realize Stoops wasnt here when Spurrier was there, but sportsmanship be damned v Florida. We saw them run the score up on us too many times for me to give a damn about sportsmanship v them.

Trask came to Florida right out of high school (Manvel, TX). Florida was his only D-1 offer, mainly because he never started a game in high school. I agree with you that he was twice the QB as Franks. Amazing that the famed QB coach, MuLLLen, couldn't figure that out. I agree about running the score up on them if you get the chance, for the same reason.

Reactions: jauk11
I have them as our first lose of three this year only because it is only the second game ,,, if it were fourth or so where our team was clicking i would say we win by 10

I have them as our first lose of three this year only because it is only the second game ,,, if it were fourth or so where our team was clicking i would say we win by 10

that’s the same thing I was thinking. If this is our 4th or 5th game....I see this as a very physical game on both sides of the ball. Hard hitting, whichever team establishes tempo will win it. This ain’t the old Kentucky. Win or lose they gonna know they were in a fight from the opening kickoff. Only thing worries me is the kicking game, how much it’s improved may make or break our season. Go Cats!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT