ADVERTISEMENT

Seems kind of quiet

fredmanthecatfan

All-American
Apr 23, 2002
Not necessarily a bad thing. Several of our commits came without much of a heads up.

I assume Jaxson Robinson is going through more of the process before he pulls out of the draft (if he does pull out as expected).

Really intrigued by the PF out of Samford (Achor Achor ?). Of course no one misses shots in highlight reels. I’m not sure if we are in on him.

I know there is Buzz about Lanier, but UT seems to be the leader there.

There’s the Forward from UCLA, but I don’t know much about him or if that is someone we are pursuing.

It’s just a bit quiet, and again that’s not at all a bad thing.

I’m super excited about the upcoming season and have kind of got addicted to all of the Booms. But patience is needed as the staff fills the final few spots on the roster.

I think Pope and his staff are doing a heckuva good job.

Boom withdraws.

Dog Running GIF

Not necessarily a bad thing. Several of our commits came without much of a heads up.

I assume Jaxson Robinson is going through more of the process before he pulls out of the draft (if he does pull out as expected).

Really intrigued by the PF out of Samford (Achor Achor ?). Of course no one misses shots in highlight reels. I’m not sure if we are in on him.

There’s the Forward from UCLA, but I don’t know much about him or if that is someone we are pursuing.

I’m super excited about the upcoming season and have kind of got addicted to all of the Booms. But patience is needed as the staff fills the final few spots on the roster.

I think Pope said they were going to be meticulous with the last recruits. Waiting on NBA withdrawls, etc. I'm sure. I could not get excited about any other hire. Drew? OK, maybe a title but zero connection with him and he has zero connection with us. Any other hire all I could be excited about is a mercenary title. Not with Pope. I can settle in and take in every moment of it. LOVE this hire.

Last edited:
I think Pope said they were going to be meticulous with the last recruits. Waiting on NBA withdrawls, etc. I'm sure. I could not get excited about any other hire. Drew? OK, maybe a title but zero connection with him and he has zero connection with us. Any other hire all I could be excited about is a mercenary title. Not with Pope. I can settle in and take in every moment of it. LOVE this hire.
Me, too, CSB ... for exactly the same reasons you mentioned ! LOVE this hire !
Go 'Cats !

I would dare think they know more than what they're revealing.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Pope mentioned in his KSR interview that the team would get their next few additions and then slow down for a bit.

Pope and staff want to take stock of who they have, who's still in the portal, who are the highest priorities, who's possibly returning from the draft, and all that jazz. Pope said it would be quiet for a while until they go through all of that and start hitting specific targets hard.

Regardless, most of our booms are behind us until high schoolers start committing.

Probably won’t hear of anymore big time commits until the draft process plays out. I’d say 2-3 weeks before it picks up again.

Entering an unofficial dead time until the draft is set/done. Lots of players are going through the process and getting feed back.

Won't know a whole lost more until mid June more than likely.

Then it will be a lot of dead time until football.

Man, I HATE summer.
Late may would be my guess, the deadline is the 29th and a good portion of the players will announce what they are doing before hand

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah they had to accomplish an awful lot in a short time to build us a foundation that I think will be really incredible if you dig into the specifics of how our guys so far fit Pope’s high-energy zoom/air raid system with a much beefier defense than anything he’s had to work with before. Now I am very happy about the idea of them slowing down and doing some surgical strikes for this last little bit of team building. The draft is obviously slowing that down a little more. But honestly I think the perfectionism is the real story. If anything I think the draft delay plays into this staff’s hand of wanting to get some serious analysis and serious negotiating in, in order to finish off with some very well-calculated fireworks.

Everything about Mark Pope as a head coach has turned out to be much better than expected so far. I don’t expect this final bit of team building to be any different. This is the calm before the storm, boys.

As funny as that is, I'm glad we've gotten away from Cal AND Drake (with some of the things coming out about him)
While I wouldn’t want Drake as my kids role model, that stuff going around about him is just stuff another rapper is saying about him because of their beef.

4 schollies left, plus maybe a couple walk on spots. Pope DID say he will be meticulous with these next offers....which perhaps focus on greatest need that he sees, quality depth, perhaps a couple younger guys to stagger out the classes ( yeah I know...4 year slots are gone)
And maybe a few other reasons the staff is looking for.

He is even more likely to be stepping away slightly from the portal to focus on next year's frosh class....not real likely he will be going after a skew of NBA players, but once again I'm sure he will have offer sheets out there...and Pope has to build those relations.

Also Derby weekend is kind of a dead period. The airports are madness. Not an ideal situation to bring a recruit in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT