ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Weekend 3/17/2023

Big_Blue_1018

Junior
Oct 5, 2014
Nothing like conference play in baseball! Some interesting series this weekend

~Florida hosts Bama Thursday-Saturday. Florida won last night 3-0. Watched that entire game. Brandon Sproat may be the best Friday night guy in the SEC.

~Vandy hosts Ole Miss Thursday-Saturday. As much talk as there has been about Vandys offensive troubles, they hung 12 on Ole Miss last night. Vandy also hit 4 home runs and had some awesome defense. Didnt help Ole Miss committed 4 errors.

~#2 Tennessee travels to Mizzou.

~Auburn travels to Arkansas. I dont know why, but I love this series every year.

~#1 LSU travels to College Station to play #15 Texas A&M. Be interesting to see if A&M has their issues figured out going into conference play.

~And of course UK hosts the Bulldogs. Bundle up. The weather is going to suck. At least temperature wise. The big question here is, as its been talked about, is UK better or is it a little bit of fools gold. Well see. Cant wait!

I hate that our series has bad weather and conflicts with the NCAA tourney to the extent that it does. I may go to one of the games this weekend, but will watch the other two on TV.

I wouldn't be surprised to see A&M win that series. Also, Vandy and UF flexed their muscles last night. Could Mizzou beat UT in freezing temps?

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
I hate that our series has bad weather and conflicts with the NCAA tourney to the extent that it does. I may go to one of the games this weekend, but will watch the other two on TV.

I wouldn't be surprised to see A&M win that series. Also, Vandy and UF flexed their muscles last night. Could Mizzou beat UT in freezing temps?

Vandy and Florida both looked really good yesterday. I will always lean towards the home team having a slight advantage on these weekend series so I could see A&M winning that series too.

I figured our first game today would be rained out but looks like we may get it in. Weather is going to be horrible all weekend.

I am going to stay home to watch basketball and baseball at the same time.

(Not to avoid the weather)
That’s what I’m telling myself.

Florida wins the series against Bama on a walkoff swinging bunt.

Mizzou is beating s Tennessee 9-1

Man I love SEC baseball

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanCain
Florida wins the series against Bama on a walkoff swinging bunt.

Mizzou is beating s Tennessee 9-1

Man I love SEC baseball
LSU Is really looking good so far and deserving of their #1 ranking. Florida and Arkansas right up there with them. Another year of loaded SEC baseball.

Vandy and Florida both looked really good yesterday. I will always lean towards the home team having a slight advantage on these weekend series so I could see A&M winning that series too.

Welp, I sure was wrong on A&M. LSU killed them in college station.

Pretty big start to the conference so far:

-Vandy and UF already won their series against OM and Bama, respectively. Bama did salvage game three, so they will enter their series against us slightly less desperate.

-Arky wins at home, as expected.

-LSU goes into college station and just murdered them.

-UGA and USC play a double header today...no idea how that one will go.

-Mizzou kills UT in the opener and will play a DH on Sunday. Go Tigers...

Pretty big start to the conference so far:

-Vandy and UF already won their series against OM and Bama, respectively. Bama did salvage game three, so they will enter their series against us slightly less desperate.

-Arky wins at home, as expected.

-LSU goes into college station and just murdered them.

-UGA and USC play a double header today...no idea how that one will go.

-Mizzou kills UT in the opener and will play a DH on Sunday. Go Tigers...

USC is better than I thought they would be.

5 of 7 series this weekend were sweeps. I am almost willing to bet that has not happened in a long time.

5 of 7 series this weekend were sweeps. I am almost willing to bet that has not happened in a long time.

If you had told me that Kentucky, Mizzou and South Carolina would all be 3-0 in the first SEC weekend, I would seriously have to ask what kind of paint you were huffing.

Reactions: backinky2018
Missouri against Tennessee is most impressive, but makes me begin to question how good UT is. They seem to have lost something from last year.

Tennessee is definitely missing something from last year. Don’t get me wrong, I “hate” it. But something isn’t the same.

But man, to see South Carolina destroy Georgia wasn’t expected either.

Tennessee is definitely missing something from last year. Don’t get me wrong, I “hate” it. But something isn’t the same.

But man, to see South Carolina destroy Georgia wasn’t expected either.

Georgia never seems to put it together. They're an enigma. They got a coach I would have killed for and he's been an absolute flop in a state that should be simple to succeed in.

Reactions: parrott
Georgia never seems to put it together. They're an enigma. They got a coach I would have killed for and he's been an absolute flop in a state that should be simple to succeed in.

I’m with you. I would have loved to see Strickland here. It’s hard to believe he hasn’t been successful there.

Long time UGA Director of Personnel Jeff Guy is no longer associated with the program. Guy had extensive contacts with the vaunted East Cobb amateur youth program.

I watched a little bit of that series this weekend and UT, and this is not taking anything away from Mizzou, played this series like they did against Kentucky last year. They just seemed so uninterested. Couldnt have happened to a better group.........:)

Without looking, UT has lost a few questionable games this season. So, they might be having a culture issue. I imagine that same attitude they carried a year ago is hard to replicate when some of the guys that helped to perpetrate it leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT