ADVERTISEMENT

SEC TOURNEY DAY TWO GAME THREAD

Guess we won’t have to guard Shackleford after all. Bama beat themselves with all the careless turnovers and sloppy offense. Live by the three, die by the three. Don’t know who I had rather won. Having to watch Pippen punk us again is not entertaining. Vandy will have tired legs, but we should beat them anyway.
If our guys quit trying to block every shot and stay on the floor would help stopping Pippen.

Reactions: JFCats22
The bad news we lose a chance to get a quad 1 win tomorrow the good news is Vandy won tonight so they won't fall out of the top 75 NET and we keep our quad 1 win against them.

So that is a wash just better not lose tomorrow and the way my teams are dropping like flies it makes me nervous.

CSU loses on Monday
Xavier on Wednesday
Ohio State tonight

0-3 this week
Solution: stop cheering for so many garbage programs.

Reactions: HeartofUlis
That isn’t the same Vandy we saw at Nashville. They will be a tough out unless their legs get them.
I get what you’re saying, but a championship caliber team shouldn’t have a problem on a neutral court against Vandy in their third game in three days. If we can’t beat them our seeding in the big dance doesn’t matter IMO.

Reactions: Lazlo7 and dl51344
So ends Day 2!

Two really fun games today see Vandy and A&M advance.

We saw Mizzou and USC get curbstompped.

Ans Bama and UF lose tough games.

Tomorrow. The Real Game Begin

It’ll start with the Sweaty Pearls Vs The Fighting Buzzes.

Then a war for the Golden Boot with LSU and Arky.

Then it will be the Dogs and the Volunteers.

Then last but CERTAINLY not least. Us and Vandy!

Let’s get some rest. Day Three starts in THIRTEEN hours!

Contain Pippen and we win by 15. Let him go for 30+ (for the third time this year) and it will be a game.

Reactions: ck-2
Bad news is Bama may not be in the top 30 NET tomorrow and if not we lose the quad 1 win at home vs Bama....can't win with this quad system can we.

Good thing Bama won games vs Gonzaga, Houston and Baylor because if they didn't they would be going to the NIT. They finish 19-13 (9-9) same as Florida 19-13 (9-9).

Bama will probably be a 6 seed and Florida will probably be in the NIT

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Bad news is Bama may not be in the top 30 NET tomorrow and if not we lose the quad 1 win at home vs Bama....can't win with this quad system can we.
Henry, I really believe with Baylor losing tonight and with Auburn in our sights UK controls their destiny.
Win the SECT and a #1 seed is ours.

Reactions: Lazlo7 and bbncal02
Henry, I really believe with Baylor losing tonight and with Auburn in our sights UK controls their destiny.
Win the SECT and a #1 seed is ours.
I’ve always thought the SEC tournament champion doesn’t matter because the selection committee meets on Sunday. It’s been a complaint of Calipari for years. Has something changed?

Reactions: CowboyGumBoots
I’ve always thought the SEC tournament champion doesn’t matter because the selection committee meets on Sunday. It’s been a complaint of Calipari for years. Has something changed?
No! Still does not count. The selection has already "been sent to the printer" when the champ game is played.

While true this year it’s a little unique since Auburn is right there. So they’ll have the games filled out and swap whoever wins with the 1 seed and give the loser the 2

Reactions: Lazlo7
I know people keep beating the it won't matter if we beat AU on Sunday or it won't matter if UK wins the SEC Tournament, we are stuck at a 2 see drum...but how many times has there been a situation where 2 SEC teams were in consideration for a 1 seed that are so close?

95 UK vs. Arkansas...maybe some of you should remember that game. UK won in OT and got a 1 and Ark ended up a 2...if Ark wins they probably get the last 1 and UK is a 2 IMO. We also had a situation just in 2019 where UK and UT played in the semis and the rumor was that if UK or UT won the SEC tournament the winner would get the last 1...both choked (UK to UT and then UT to AU) and someone else got it.

If UK or AU wins the SEC Tournament they should get the last 1 seed. Just IMO, but who knows, and God knows we are a long way from that matchup happening as so many seem to think UT is a juggernaut now and AU will lose to A&M or ARK/LSU (and they could). Hell, we could lose to Vandy if Pippen scores 45-50 and the way we play D against him, he might!

Stackhouse and Pippen jr are trwo of the most unlikeable people in the SEC

I know people keep beating the it won't matter if we beat AU on Sunday or it won't matter if UK wins the SEC Tournament, we are stuck at a 2 see drum...but how many times has there been a situation where 2 SEC teams were in consideration for a 1 seed that are so close?

95 UK vs. Arkansas...maybe some of you should remember that game. UK won in OT and got a 1 and Ark ended up a 2...if Ark wins they probably get the last 1 and UK is a 2 IMO. We also had a situation just in 2019 where UK and UT played in the semis and the rumor was that if UK or UT won the SEC tournament the winner would get the last 1...both choked (UK to UT and then UT to AU) and someone else got it.

If UK or AU wins the SEC Tournament they should get the last 1 seed. Just IMO, but who knows, and God knows we are a long way from that matchup happening as so many seem to think UT is a juggernaut now and AU will lose to A&M or ARK/LSU (and they could). Hell, we could lose to Vandy if Pippen scores 45-50 and the way we play D against him, he might!
YOu mean the way the refs protect him....nauseating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT