ADVERTISEMENT

SEC network plus (YouTube TV)

Sejonesy

Junior
Dec 31, 2017
Hey all, I know we have a few games coming up in SEC network plus and for the life of me can’t figure out how to get it to work on YouTube TV. Any pointers? I have signed into the ESPN app with my YouTube tv credentials, but it is saying I don’t have the proper access when I try to watch something. Very frustrating.

On ESPN+ and SECN+ programming, you have to subscribe. It's around $12/mo and you can cancel when you've seen all the games you need. Not a bad deal really, when you think about it.

But Youtube TV doesn't carry/record those games.

You would access through the ESPN app, select ESPN+ or SECN+ then log in after subscribing.

Open the ESPN app. Click login. Choose YouTubeTV as your provider and go through those login steps. Do this a day or two before the game so you don't have to fool with it at tipoff.

On the day of the game, open the ESPN app and look for the game. When you go to play it, you might get a purposefully confusing message about using ESPN+ vs you YouTube TV login. Choose the YouTubeTV one. I don't remember exactly what the message is, but it can be confusing. You might not get both messages and it will default to your login.

YouTubeTV is your ticket in the door, but the games won’t air on YouTubTV.

You have to go to the ESPN app on your phone, tablet, Smart TV or other streaming device (PlayStation, Xbox, Firestick, Roku, etc.) and login with your YouTubeTV credentials.

From the ESPN app, if you scroll to “Channels” and click SEC Network+. That’s where you will watch the games featured on this platform.

I set mine up on Saturday. It’s a slight pain in the ass and feels like work to be able to watch cupcake games.

On ESPN+ and SECN+ programming, you have to subscribe. It's around $12/mo and you can cancel when you've seen all the games you need. Not a bad deal really, when you think about it.

But Youtube TV doesn't carry/record those games.

You would access through the ESPN app, select ESPN+ or SECN+ then log in after subscribing.
Wrong answer. You don't need to subscribe if you already have YouTubeTV. You just need to login to the ESPN app using those credentials. I don't understand why people continue to be confused about this. Well, actually it's probably because ESPN is trying to trick you into subscribing to something you don't need to.

Wrong answer. You don't need to subscribe if you already have YouTubeTV. You just need to login to the ESPN app using those credentials. I don't understand why people continue to be confused about this. Well, actually it's probably because ESPN is trying to trick you into subscribing to something you don't need to.

It’s harder than it needs to be, and I know a few older folks who signed up for ESPN+ for no reason trying to watch UK stuff.

I just had to walk my 80-year-old parents, who recently switched from cable to streaming because they were so frustrated with Spectrum, though the SECN+ login/activation process by phone over the weekend and it was like explaining trigonometry to a first-grader.

It’s harder than it needs to be, and I know a few older folks who signed up for ESPN+ for no reason trying to watch UK stuff.

I just had to walk my 80-year-old parents, who recently switched from cable to streaming because they were so frustrated with Spectrum, though the SECN+ login/activation process by phone over the weekend and it was like explaining trigonometry to a first-grader.
I can relate to that. And yes - it's harder than it needs to be. And it's worse when people who don't understand it either are giving incorrect advice here.

Reactions: MegaBlue05

I’m 53, work in IT and am above average when it comes to all things internet/technology and it’s confusing to me! I don’t think you have to be 80 to be frustrated by trying to figure it out. It’s ridiculous! Ha

You have to go to the ESPN app on your phone, tablet, Smart TV or other streaming device (PlayStation, Xbox, Firestick, Roku, etc.) and login with your YouTubeTV credentials.

From the ESPN app, if you scroll to “Channels” and click SEC Network+. That’s where you will watch the games featured on this platform.

I set mine up on Saturday. It’s a slight pain in the ass and feels like work to be able to watch cupcake games.
Okay I did all that and it works well the way you said to do it, but when I look at the listings for Wed. I don't see the Kentucky game listed. What's up with that is it too far out to be listed? Other games are listed on SEC+

Open the ESPN app. Click login. Choose YouTubeTV as your provider and go through those login steps. Do this a day or two before the game so you don't have to fool with it at tipoff.

On the day of the game, open the ESPN app and look for the game. When you go to play it, you might get a purposefully confusing message about using ESPN+ vs you YouTube TV login. Choose the YouTubeTV one. I don't remember exactly what the message is, but it can be confusing. You might not get both messages and it will default to your login.
He’s correct about YT TV. The instructions were a little confusing, but by “click login”, he’s talking logging in to any program listed on that channel, so keep that in mind.

A code will appear on your TV that will prompt you to visit ESPN.Com/Activate, on another device (phone, tablet etc), and enter that code and hit finish, and you are good to go!

Reactions: rivercatinfl
Hey all, I know we have a few games coming up in SEC network plus and for the life of me can’t figure out how to get it to work on YouTube TV. Any pointers? I have signed into the ESPN app with my YouTube tv credentials, but it is saying I don’t have the proper access when I try to watch something. Very frustrating.
I got a Hulu disney package ESPN + came with it

I followed this exactly and clicked on “channels” and found sec plus. But it doesn’t show UK as an upcoming event. Is that normal?

I have Youtube TV (very satisfied!). For SEC+ games, I simply go to UKathletics.com and highlight the team who is playing on that particular day. At the team site for that game, you will see the word "WATCH." Click on that, it ask you to verify your Youtube TV subscription, and you can click on that game to watch it live. I do not have a pay subscription for ESPN+, which is something entirely different than SEC+. Usually, there will be plenty of ways to see highlights of entire game replays of those on SEC+ on Youtube.

THIS

You don't get it with just ESPN+.
Yes you do. If you subscribe to ESPN+ you get the game via the ESPN+ feed on the ESPN app. You don’t have to be a part of any other cable/satellite/streaming service

ALTERNATIVELY
You also get it by owning a cable/satellite/streaming service which includes SEC network. Enter your service credentials into the ESPN app and use the SEC+ feed to see the game.

There are TWO WAYS to access it.

It's just the worst being the guy who knows technology even the slightest bit when you have friends or family who don't know anything about it. I lost count of the # of times I had to explain to my parents how to send a link to a Facebook post, then they get mad at me if I ask them to write down the directions so they don't have to ask me when they forget how to do it by the next day.

It's just the worst being the guy who knows technology even the slightest bit when you have friends or family who don't know anything about it. I lost count of the # of times I had to explain to my parents how to send a link to a Facebook post, then they get mad at me if I ask them to write down the directions so they don't have to ask me when they forget how to do it by the next day.

Being a computer guy, my mom gave me the best advice - “never tell anyone you know anything about computers unless they’re paying you.”

I think she has PTSD from being made to run punch card systems in the late 60s

Reactions: thebluestripes

Great job! Been away for awhile, but back on the board and ready to watch. I was afraid I might miss it tonight.

I have a subscription to YouTube TV on my smart tv. When I click on the ESPN app all it does is take me to ESPN where I don’t see any options to go further. How do I move forward from there to get to where I need to be ? Sorry for my ignorance with this crap.

Hopefully I can get it somehow between Spectrum and the ESPN app.
I have Spectrum and I clicked the link from KSR in my phone and it went to the ESPN app and since I login to my Spectrum account on my phone it asked if I wanted to use my Spectrum login and it logged me in automatically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT