ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Had A Tough Weekend

I'm not sure why we include unranked sec teams in bigtime matchups.

We don't do this for other conferences. If so, let's ding every non ranked acc, big 12 and big 10 team that lost to a ranked team every weekend.
Primarily bc the SEC dominated the bowl season for so long where a .500 SEC team would beat a B10/B12/PAC/ACC team that finished 2-5th in their conference.

It became the norm that and SEC (non Vandy) vs anyone outside the top 15 was a million the AEC would win. And ranked SEC teams almost always won even as the lesser ranked team.

Other conferences and talking heads have been waiting for a chance to say “see…it’s only UGA and Alabama” and it finally be true

1-4 in the “marquee” match ups. Georgia prevents the goose egg.

2 and 3, not 1 and 4. They were 1 and 1 in games against comparable "seeds" from other conferences (Georgia v. Clemson, LSU v. USC) and our worst team defeated a supposed upper half ACC team. In the other games, excepting South Carolina nearly laying an egg, the SEC absolutely drilled midmajor and FSC opposition. Of course, that's to be expected, but it wasn't always the case elsewhere, including Oregon.

Reactions: ganner918
2 and 3, not 1 and 4. They were 1 and 1 in games against comparable "seeds" from other conferences (Georgia v. Clemson, LSU v. USC) and our worst team defeated a supposed upper half ACC team. In the other games, excepting South Carolina nearly laying an egg, the SEC absolutely drilled midmajor and FSC opposition. Of course, that's to be expected, but it wasn't always the case elsewhere, including Oregon.
My bad…typo should have read 1-3.

Georgia W
TAMU L
Florida L
LSU L

We opened the first week going 13-3. Along the way scoring 76, 73, 70, 69, 63, 56, points just to name a few. I’ll take that as a success.
Against absolute dog crap teams. Heck we probably played the best cupcake of them all and still it wasn’t much of a competition beyond the first quarter.

Vandy gets props for beating VT. That’s a football town for sure.

Napier is done at UF barring a huge turnaround. He was taking shots at fans today. Basically saying “we’re not gonna listen to the noise” and “fans in basements in Centrsl Florida”. Sounds very very familiar to another coach that was on his way out…..

LSU shouldn’t have lost to USC who’s is decent but picked fifth in the Big 10. Kelly’s seat is warming up for sure.

A&M lost to a very good ND. So I’m not to bothered by that.

As for the “weird conference pride” thing. Well, ask the ACC how that’s going for them. Or the PAC-12. Having your conference be the best keeps it from falling apart and keeps the money rolling in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT