ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Crew picks UK 3rd in East

Jun 8, 2017
Well Booger and Palmer both picked UK 3 in SEC E on the 1 o'clock show. I think media will pick us 5th. It looks like our O line is getting little to no respect which is a little surprising. Only P5 school with 2 rushers over 1000 yards. Well I watched almost every minute of the SEC media days and it was some what entertaining. What struck me the most is the media's general lack of football knowledge. I guarantee Freddie and Cole were the most versed and knowledgeable so called media guys there. One little surprise is Auburn. It looks like if they can get their offense together (QB) they might have enough juice to challenge Bama? I think UK people represented the program very well. Go big Blue.

Me personally:

Tier 1: UGA and UF. My gut tells me UGA has a better QB situation.....so, I think UGA #1 and UF #2.

Tier 2: UT, UK - The Vols have some talent, last yr was a bit of a fluke, and I don't think Butch is that bad of a coach. They could bounce back in contention for the East. UK is probably a yr or two away from really competing for the East, but they could surprise. My heart says we are #3, but my guy says #4.

Tier 2.5: USC, Vandy - These are two teams who could end up in Tier 2 or 3 by the end of the yr. Complete toss up.

Tier 3: Missou - They really miss Pinkel.

Here's the thing though, I don't think there is a huge separation between the tiers. It's entirely possible that a large portion or the entirety of the East pummel each other this yr.

Me personally:

Tier 1: UGA and UF. My gut tells me UGA has a better QB situation.....so, I think UGA #1 and UF #2.

Tier 2: UT, UK - The Vols have some talent, last yr was a bit of a fluke, and I don't think Butch is that bad of a coach. They could bounce back in contention for the East. UK is probably a yr or two away from really competing for the East, but they could surprise. My heart says we are #3, but my guy says #4.

Tier 2.5: USC, Vandy - These are two teams who could end up in Tier 2 or 3 by the end of the yr. Complete toss up.

Tier 3: Missou - They really miss Pinkel.

Here's the thing though, I don't think there is a huge separation between the tiers. It's entirely possible that a large portion or the entirety of the East pummel each other this yr.

All of us have some serious questions that have to be addressed, UF has to find a qb, UGA has to improve OL, USC has to have OL improvement, UK has to step it up on the DL, UT has to find a qb and replace alot of lost offense, Vandy has to replace one of the better defensive players in the East last year, Missouri has to find a defense. So no one is sitting here waiting on the season without some big question marks. I think everyone made attempts to find answers in the spring, with recruiting, summer workouts, but no one will know until that first game.

^I like this. The whole East is shaping up to be a mess. Not a mess of bad teams per se, but rather a mess of good parity. I think it's a good bet to say that Missou is likely to return as the worst in the East, but the other 6 teams could end up in any order.

^I like this. The whole East is shaping up to be a mess. Not a mess of bad teams per se, but rather a mess of good parity. I think it's a good bet to say that Missou is likely to return as the worst in the East, but the other 6 teams could end up in any order.
Agreed. As an example, I could see us losing to Florida, but seeing Vandy turn around and beating Florida (with us beating Vandy).

I personally believe UT is getting too much credit. They will be very solid, but they couldn't win the East with one of the top returning/most experienced offenses in the conference last year. They lost 90% of production from that same offense going into this fall. It would not shock me if they ended up 6th above Mizzou.

I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of the East has 2 or 3 losses in conference. (UF had 2 last year). And I think UK will be right in the hunt. The key for UK is to win both of those SECW games. If we do that, we have a great shot at 5-3 or even 6-2 in the SECE.

^I'm just the opposite. Everyone seems to be talking about UGA and UF in terms of winning the East......and occasionally they mention us as a darkhorse, but I haven't heard anyone mention UT in terms other than Butch being on a hot seat. To me, UT had a very odd yr by which they had 9,000 injuries.....and still went 9-4. I think they'll be in the hunt.....double digit wins is not an impossibility.

Cats have a few question marks, mainly who is replacing production and speed of Boom and Badet... Those guys really kept the defenses honest. The way I see it we could win the division or we could finish as low as 4th. 5th would be if injuries galore mount up.

^I'm just the opposite. Everyone seems to be talking about UGA and UF in terms of winning the East......and occasionally they mention us as a darkhorse, but I haven't heard anyone mention UT in terms other than Butch being on a hot seat. To me, UT had a very odd yr by which they had 9,000 injuries.....and still went 9-4. I think they'll be in the hunt.....double digit wins is not an impossibility.

How many does UT have that could start at UK this fall? A couple of DL maybe and not much else, at UGA a couple of OL and not much else. I just feel they lost too much offensive production to replace effectively, combine that with what they lost on the defensive side I just think they struggle. They haven't signed anyone that makes you go wow, he will be tough to handle.

^I think UT will end up 8-4, 9-3......and end up 3-4th in the East. I was just saying that I think it's possible they will be better.

^I think UT will end up 8-4, 9-3......and end up 3-4th in the East. I was just saying that I think it's possible they will be better.

I guess they could, but they have 2 tough games from the West, I think they lose at least 5, could easily be more, GT will give them fits defensively, I don't think they can spend all fall practice preparing for Tech. And you just can't prepare your DL for those cut blocks. You can show them what to do, but going live in practice fighting cut blocks is not a good idea.

Reactions: no1gman and cat888
How many does UT have that could start at UK this fall? A couple of DL maybe and not much else, at UGA a couple of OL and not much else. I just feel they lost too much offensive production to replace effectively, combine that with what they lost on the defensive side I just think they struggle. They haven't signed anyone that makes you go wow, he will be tough to handle.

ha ha

Not sure if serious

C'mon granny

Reactions: Vol fan Ford man
Boy you sure proved your stance.

It's so silly I don't have to

typical grumpy granny post

Lazy

We have one of the most experienced OL in the league that generated a big run game and passing time for Dobbs.

Brady Hoke is coaching DL now

Surely granny remembers Juan Jennings....

1475378463_AP_622208515877_t755_h6459db0247f7a1d3c8cb680d2402f9a69f9b972b.jpg

Smith and Snell have got to stay healthy for us. Got to win turnover battles better than we did last year. And punting has to get a ton better.

ha ha

Not sure if serious

C'mon granny
\

I absolutely do believe that, I said you had a couple of OL who would start for us, outside of them I don't know of anyone, none on the defensive side of the ball. Just like last year when UT fans biggest concern heading into the season was would they beat Bama twice or split the regular season and the SEC championship game. Getting to a bowl should be this the major topic this year as it is about as likely to happen as UT beating Bama twice, or once, in 16. You don't have to agree or like it, just lost too much to not have a big effect.

I remember him, I also remember the other 3 WR grabbing UGA players pulling them away to create space, it wasn't called and he made a play. He didn't make very many and the guy who threw it isn't there any longer so what is your point?

What a lot of people don't realized is that UK finished tied for 2nd in the East last year at 4-4 and just missed out at 2nd all by themselves by a field goal. I believe they can improved to 5-3 this year or maybe 6-2. I think that Tennessee or Florida can be had by the Cats. I also believe that the Cats will be in every game except the Georgia game.

Reactions: no1gman
\

I remember him, I also remember the other 3 WR grabbing UGA players pulling them away to create space, it wasn't called and he made a play. He didn't make very many and the guy who threw it isn't there any longer so what is your point?

Ha Ha

I remember the uga DB pushing my and pulling too

But.....who outmuscled him?

Struggle to go to bowl....lol

By a fan of the biggest underachievers in college football no less

utee is a mystery this year. i honestly think they could be better or they could be worse. the dl stays healthy and the D should be solid even with what they lost. rb is downgraded but dude can still scoot. if their qb is accurate, doesn't have to be great, they will win 9 or 10.

the qb struggles and tuttle or a dl gets hurt again and they have to rely on the running game... they could limp to win 7.

People also forget that ut was very very extremely lucky not to have two more losses.

Got stuffed on 3rd down against ap state but the guy fumbles and recovers it in the end zone. Without that fluke they probably lose that game. They were definitey not the better team that day. And uga. Wow. Talk about grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. That was maybe a 1 in 25 win.

Ha Ha

Oh it wasn't Jennings, it was the other 3 receivers there grabbing our defenders around the waist andpulling them away. But UT shouldn't have been in position to make the play, a kid not even in the game got a penalty, it's a rule, it was called and UT took advantage. But you can bet it wouldn't have been called against Bama.. I got no argument, we hare big under achievers, after last year, welcome to the club. Wait and see, those 11 wins of last year turned into 8, don't be shocked if they turn into 5 this year. Don't be surprised when you lose 1 or 2 DL in your opener when you play those knee diving OL of GT. I

Oh it wasn't Jennings, it was the other 3 receivers there grabbing our defenders around the waist andpulling them away. I

lol

No

They just got beat. Out of position and 15 makes a play

Grabbing them by the waist. ha ha. Good one

maxresdefault.jpg

uga%20ut_1475372179121_2122202_ver1.0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Ha Ha

I agree that UT has lots of talent and agree with the good points. In saying that this is a UK board so f@@@ UT and we gonna spank that booty this year. We have sucked in the past but this ant your daddys wildcats.

Reactions: no1gman
Like most prognosticators and pundits, I see 2017 playing out a lot like 2016. Pretty much a cluster #$%^ of "match up" games.

Last year, Georgia lost at home to Vandy, Vandy lost to Kentucky, Kentucky lost to Georgia, etc., etc.,

If you looked at any individual game listed, you would think you could accurately predict another games' outcome. Like this: if Kentucky is a touchdown better than Vandy at home, and Vandy is better than Georgia at Georgia, then Kentucky will beat Georgia by 10 at home . . . . .NOT.

Turnovers, match up problems, special teams and injuries will untie the knot that is the SEC East in 2017.

Kentucky's main advantage is that they play no top 5 West team from 2016, and draw Ole Miss and Miss. State. And while Ole Miss has lots of talent, we get them at home, and have reasonable hopes that the looming NCAA sanctions/investigation will slow them down.

Given the schedules involved, I suspect that only three teams have a shot to pull off an Eastern Championship, without a tie breaker involved: (1) Florida, (2) Georgia, and (3) Kentucky. And I choose those in that order for the finish in the East.

I see the East ending somewhere close to:

Florida 6-2
Georgia 6-2
Tennessee 5-3
Kentucky 5-3
South Carolina 3-5
Vanderbilt 2-6
Missouri 1-7

I think Florida, Georgia, Tenn, and UK will separate themselves from SC, Vandy, and Missouri. Depending on injuries, academics, turnovers, and luck, I believe any of those top 4 could win the East. UK would need to have everything to go their way while the others suffer by a much larger margin when it comes to those 4 factors.

With Kentucky's schedule. I believe anything from 6-6 to 9-3 is possible in this upcoming season. For 9 wins they will need to catch a few breaks and avoid injury and academic casualties while winning the TO margin. Still, a 9 win regular season would be what is needed to change national perception regarding the Kentucky Football program coming after how we finished the regular season 7-3 last season.

Reactions: SanAntonioCat
The part i dont understand, we have now beaten SC 3 yrs in a row but yet, still they picked to finished ahead of us?

lol

No

They just got beat. Out of position and 15 makes a play

Grabbing them by the waist. ha ha. Good one

maxresdefault.jpg

uga%20ut_1475372179121_2122202_ver1.0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I guess your evidence doesn't show number 3 being grabbed does it?

But you know what, you win, all of UT subs last year were better than their front liners and Butch was just doing us all a favor by playing the older guys. Everyone being replaced is by a better player and future all SEC. The new QB is better than Dobbs, the new RB is better than Kamara, all the new defenders are better than the ones who left. Does that about cover it? No one has a chance. Just smooth out the field and maybe every team that plays on that cow pasture will have less injuries.

But you know what, you win, all of UT subs last year were better than their front liners and Butch was just doing us all a favor by playing the older guys. Everyone being replaced is by a better player and future all SEC. The new QB is better than Dobbs, the new RB is better than Kamara, all the new defenders are better than the ones who left. Does that about cover it? No one has a chance. Just smooth out the field and maybe every team that plays on that cow pasture will have less injuries.
I see 5 Bulldogs out jumped and out hustled for the ball by one Vol.

Bless your heart ha ha

\

I absolutely do believe that, I said you had a couple of OL who would start for us, outside of them I don't know of anyone, none on the defensive side of the ball. Just like last year when UT fans biggest concern heading into the season was would they beat Bama twice or split the regular season and the SEC championship game. Getting to a bowl should be this the major topic this year as it is about as likely to happen as UT beating Bama twice, or once, in 16. You don't have to agree or like it, just lost too much to not have a big effect.

Yikes

Reactions: Orange_N_White
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT