ADVERTISEMENT

Screw Bilas

I actually like Jay Williams as a commentator opposed to Bilas, he seems unbiased and always makes good points.

Reactions: awf
Fair enough.
I get on this board solely to read about UK and to discuss issues because my doctors tell me that at my age it is beneficial to get in discussion where I have to consider my position. He tells me it will help my mental health. But when I read crap like this, I think this is diminishing my mental health because you don't think. You read somewhere, here most likely, that you are supposed to not like Bilas, so you continuously post crap complaining about him. You say you can make up your own mind about what you see....then why listen to anyone call the game? Listen to it in silence. Nothing he says will make you happy. He was extremely fair tonight and you are mad because you are not smart enough to know that he was fair because you have been told you are not allowed to like him and appreciating his fairness would mean you are not a UK fan. As I said, I use this board as a tool to stay engaged, some of you make it hard.
Honestly I don't care why you are on the board. once upon a time I liked Bilas,but over the past 2 or 3 years he has changed.I like what I like and dislike what I choose.Have a good rest of the evening.

My point wasn't that Bilas was rooting for WVU to take down UK because of Duke and UNC losing today. My point was that he was one commentator in the past at ESPN that gave positive feedback on Kentucky. When we Won it all back in 2011-2012 he was always talking about great UK was and how great Coach Cal was platooning that year with 10 players. The rest of the ESPN bunch that are all ACC and Duke & UNC never give credit not to just Kentucky but all of the SEC Conference. Bilas was never that way until this year and he has been all ACC especially Duke & UNC.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
My point wasn't that Bilas was rooting for WVU to take down UK because of Duke and UNC losing today. My point was that he was one commentator in the past at ESPN that gave positive feedback on Kentucky. When we Won it all back in 2011-2012 he was always talking about great UK was and how great Coach Cal was platooning that year with 10 players. The rest of the ESPN bunch that are all ACC and Duke & UNC never give credit not to just Kentucky but all of the SEC Conference. Bilas was never that way until this year and he has been all ACC especially Duke & UNC.
He was pro Uk today. Did you watch?

Honestly I don't care why you are on the board. once upon a time I liked Bilas,but over the past 2 or 3 years he has changed.I like what I like and dislike what I choose.Have a good rest of the evening.
Again, fair enough. You have nothing to question what I said, so you just say "go to bed old man." That is what I'm going to do.

I came here to post this. IN the last minute of the game Bilas was all gung ho about how Diallo jumped on that big number 50 dude. He didn't say a WORD about how the very next play that the WV player pretty much tackled Q. Green from behind.. Lord.. he was painful to listen to that game.

Yeah. I lost it when Bilas said he guessed “the defender leaned into Knox” when he got armed checked to the forhead. Bilas is an absolute idiot when it comes to questionable calls sometimes. I used to like him a lot, even when he was critical of UK. But I don’t know what’s happened to him. He’s still very intelligent when it comes to basketball but if it goes against Duke? He gets very defensive. I mean heck, Matt Jones went to Duke too. But you don’t see him even remotely take up for his alma mater when they are in the wrong the way Bilas does. (And yes I know Jones is a Kentucky sports journalist, but I’m sure he’s proud of his Duke degree too- I would be- it’s a prestigious law school).

Bilas has just changed. Seems to be more arrogant. More thin skinned. And snarky. That comment about the “academic credit” for Cal’s griping at Richards during the UF game stuck in my craw considering he defend UNC to the death.

I think that’s what really did it for a lot of fans. He defended the indefensible at UNC. No self respecting person that loves true sportsmanship could defend 20 years of academic fraud.

You all much have watched a different game than me. He was critical of the Cats when we were getting our ass kicked, then he was positive when we were playing well and coming back. He criticized the refs for calls on both sides. He said that it was a bs foul on Knox on the out of bound play. He said he thought Hami fouled on the jump ball. By the way, I've always wondered about that. Just because you are going for the ball, I don't think you are allowed to just jump on top of a guy on the ground in an attempt to get a loose ball. He says what he thinks, which at times was positive for us when we were playing well, but negative when we were playing poorly. It is his job. This board was much more negative about UK and our players tonight than Jay Bilas was. Some of you just want everyone to say UK can do no wrong, when they obviously can.
UL Troll comes out of hiding

Reactions: morgousky
Yeah. I lost it when Bilas said he guessed “the defender leaned into Knox” when he got armed checked to the forhead. Bilas is an absolute idiot when it comes to questionable calls sometimes. I used to like him a lot, even when he was critical of UK. But I don’t know what’s happened to him. He’s still very intelligent when it comes to basketball but if it goes against Duke? He gets very defensive. I mean heck, Matt Jones went to Duke too. But you don’t see him even remotely take up for his alma mater when they are in the wrong the way Bilas does. (And yes I know Jones is a Kentucky sports journalist, but I’m sure he’s proud of his Duke degree too- I would be- it’s a prestigious law school).

Bilas has just changed. Seems to be more arrogant. More thin skinned. And snarky. That comment about the “academic credit” for Cal’s griping at Richards during the UF game stuck in my craw considering he defend UNC to the death.

I think that’s what really did it for a lot of fans. He defended the indefensible at UNC. No self respecting person that loves true sportsmanship could defend 20 years of academic fraud.
More like 60 years of cheating at UNC

So what would make you happy. The announcers saying UK is always right and every team in the country other than UK is always wrong? You did realize that every other team in the country refers to our arena as CoRuppt Arena. It is all perspective, but dipshits have none.
No,only UL Fans like you call Rupp that,but after that Ho Mongering ,Title Losing,Player Paying performance by your hero Pitino,you have no room to criticize anyone Lil' Bro'

Again, fair enough. You have nothing to question what I said, so you just say "go to bed old man." That is what I'm going to do.
Bilas used to be a good persona,he has been forced into the typical ESPN agenda of being nothing but a DUKE,ACC Shill,covered for UNC's 60 years of Cheating the Carolina Way,His way of complimenting UK is always while holding a knife behind his back at the same time anymore,He covers for blatant ,terrible officiating,that many believe fix games in the NCAA,He took up for a POS Official like John Higgins,gives only offhand compliments to Ky and Calipari while getting his jabs in sideways.
Basically he's a fraud like you BBBLazing,a troll that is so sick that you pose as a UK Fan to get your hate in.

plenty of thought went into this post. I dislike someone dumb enough to call someone a troll because they don't agree 100% with them. We only agree on 90%, so I'm a troll. Whatever.
Smart enough to see through you Troll,for years you've been posting here with your Anti-UK sentiment and Fan Hate,if I was that miserable I'd seek psychiatric help or jump off a bridge over the Ohio River in Louisville,it's not our fault your hero Pitino was buying Hookers,Paying Recruits,have extramarital affairs,and part of the 2nd shadiest program in the NCAA.

Last edited:
I have no issue with whoever the TV announcers because I always listen to our Radio guys and have been doing it for many years.

Reactions: Bluest Member
I turned the sound up for one play. It was in the first half and Bilas said he didn't see any contact on the play. I think it was Carter that had a forearm in the UK players chest as he was blocking the shot. He said he didn't see any contact while watching the replay......That was enough for me. Don't sit there and tell me something different than what I am watching....it wasn't like he was looking at a different angle......sometimes he is so full of crap.......I have pretty much stopped listening to him the last two or three years. I prefer to listen to Seth Greenberg or Jay Williams.

Sadly, I agree. I use to like listening to Jay, but Duke bias aside, he just seems grumpy and bitter.

Bilas has gone way downhill the past 4-5 years. He's really become a pompous jacka$$ that speaks opinion and conjecture as if it were fact. CBS and TNT's crews are head and shoulders above ESPNs.

Fair enough.
I get on this board solely to read about UK and to discuss issues because my doctors tell me that at my age it is beneficial to get in discussion where I have to consider my position. He tells me it will help my mental health. But when I read crap like this, I think this is diminishing my mental health because you don't think. You read somewhere, here most likely, that you are supposed to not like Bilas, so you continuously post crap complaining about him. You say you can make up your own mind about what you see....then why listen to anyone call the game? Listen to it in silence. Nothing he says will make you happy. He was extremely fair tonight and you are mad because you are not smart enough to know that he was fair because you have been told you are not allowed to like him and appreciating his fairness would mean you are not a UK fan. As I said, I use this board as a tool to stay engaged, some of you make it hard.

Key word....mental.

So what would make you happy. The announcers saying UK is always right and every team in the country other than UK is always wrong? You did realize that every other team in the country refers to our arena as CoRuppt Arena. It is all perspective, but dipshits have none.
An announcer that calls the game without being a pompous ass. No need to make fun of Huggins weight. Everyone can see it. No need for his constant ranting about the NCAA and how poorly the players are treated while his hypocritical ass sits there and makes money off the same system. Half the stuff he says anymore is predetermined and agenda driven. Just call the game and leave the agenda for an opinion show.

Reactions: SilentsAreGolden
For college basketball and football, I have a hard time listening to any of them these days. It’s generally grating.

Bilas is one of the best in the business. He's pretty objective in his analysis of on court action. I would much rather have his valid, informed, pertinent and objective talk than some sunshine pumping dbag.

It's espn. We beat Mississippi State by 13 and the headline was: UK sneaks by Miss. State for the win. Duke beat wake forest by 14 and the headline was: Duke blows out wake on the way to win number 18. He's just doing what the bosses tell him to do.

Man, wanna wish death on him, but apparently everybody is too good to wish death on people. It's like a social no-go to wish violence. My choice. Stuff Bilas in a garage with a running car with a UK jersey wrapped around his face. I seriously don't give a shit.
Probably has AIDS.

Bilas=Agenda

Like my news, I like my sports announcers knowledgeable and unbiased
Play your favorites but don't blatantly show who you favor

We have the thinnest skinned fans in the country. They're offended by everything. I don't know how some of you are able to live normal lives, if you do.
nice.gif

Reactions: crpoore
I just watched the game replay. Bilas questioned calls on WVU and UK.

I mean, I don’t love Bilas, but he was not pro-WV last night.

What a bunch of weak noodles lol. “I’m sick and tired of Jay Bilas not saying nice things about my team”. Lol.

Some people just refuse to be happy. They need something to bitch about. Toughen up you babies.

I just watched the game replay. Bilas questioned calls on WVU and UK.

I mean, I don’t love Bilas, but he was not pro-WV last night.
It is not so much that he is "pro or "anti" one team or the other but he overly critical of just about everything.His style of calling games has devolved over the past few years into more about pointing what someone/everyone did wrong than what actually happened.

A separate issue is his advocacy of paying players,immediate eligibility for transfers,with all cheating and questionable issues going on in college basketball right now the last thing it needs is to introduce another way to uneven the playing field.The NCAA can't oversee what is going on now let alone new rules or regulations.Surely Bilas is smart enough to see that.

Called him out for being a Duke homer on the selection show for all Jays theatrics concerning his "unbiased" opinion of 9 loss Duke deserving a one seed.
Thanks. Hard to squeeze all of the homer juice out. You could hear the UK love coming from Larry Conley. Can't tell me he wasn't bleeding some blue when he was color commentator when UK beat LSU in 94.
Tommy Heinson ,who played for the Celtics was biased too.
Apples don't fall too far from the tree.

You really didn't get that reference? Cal joked about Bilas shilling for Duke to get a #1 seed last year and Jay got butthurt.

I didn’t remember it. Still don’t. Calm yourself. Would love to see it. We are on the same team. Promise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT