ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew .646 winning percentage

Jan 26, 2003
Danny Hurley .642 winning percentage

Hurley has one more title. Point is that they are both great coaches. This board has acted ridiculous about Drew. Let’s see what Drew can do at Kentucky if he is indeed named the new coach. I think that winning percentage will go up and I will support him.

I've always stood up for our fan base when we have been accused of being ridiculous, entitled and whiny....but the way people are acting over the potential Scott Drew hire is embarrasing. He's done well with very little. We'd be lucky to have him considering our viable options.

I've always stood up for our fan base when we have been accused of being ridiculous, entitled and whiny....but the way people are acting over the potential Scott Drew hire is embarrasing. He's done well with very little. We'd be lucky to have him considering our viable options.
You’re exactly right. Some of these posters are ‘shameful’ and completely embarrassing

I don’t think people are grasping the long term effects it has on a program when opposing coaches can tell parents, “Don’t send your kid there. A player got murdered and the coach tried to cover it up”.

That’s hard to recover from. Couple that with the fact that Drew wasn’t rebuilding a school like IU. Baylor hadn’t been to an NCAA tournament since 1988. It’s bigger than Vandy winning a national championship.

I don’t think people are grasping the long term effects it has on a program when opposing coaches can tell parents, “Don’t send your kid there. A player got murdered and the coach tried to cover it up”.

That’s hard to recover from. Couple that with the fact that Drew wasn’t rebuilding a school like IU. Baylor hadn’t been to an NCAA tournament since 1988. It’s bigger than Vandy winning a national championship.
But people don't care about basketball at Baylor.He had zero pressure.UK is nothing like that.

Hurley has one more title. Point is that they are both great coaches. This board has acted ridiculous about Drew. Let’s see what Drew can do at Kentucky if he is indeed named the new coach. I think that winning percentage will go up and I will support him.
The majority of posters on here are complete goobers who have no clue what they are talking about! They rile each other up and then start spewing out complete nonsense! Drew would be an excellent hire based on his resume and who was realistically available. If he get Hurley…great! If we get Drew…awesome! Goobers need to stop goobering!

Drew lost in the second round 3 straight years during the same time period
So because you have already figured up his losses, we should just throw in the towel it’s just ridiculous to think we know the future. Combine his coaching, recruiting, the Kentucky effect and maybe he will just dominate college basketball. Maybe he won’t. Let’s just see instead of these ridiculous assumptions

But people don't care about basketball at Baylor.He had zero pressure.UK is nothing like that.
There’s no school that is anything like UK. If we are using that, then every coach in America is eliminated. Even schools who think they are basketball schools don’t have near the number of fans on their message boards. No one is prepared for our fanbase. It’s college football level

Yall act like he was at Baylor for 4 yrs. It's been 22. They are what he made them. Wall was in the 5th grade when he started there. Baylor is mediocre because he is.
This is spot on. The “traditionally” bad program stuff is an awful talking point. He is a top 15 coach will have us in the tournament losing to lower seeds as he has at Baylor

I don’t have a problem with Drew. I just wish Mitch would work a little bit harder than that. He’s a good coach, but he’s not the best out there. Not saying we can get the best, but if we want to prop ourselves up as the gold standard in college basketball, we should at least try.

This is spot on. The “traditionally” bad program stuff is an awful talking point. He is a top 15 coach will have us in the tournament losing to lower seeds as he has at Baylor
So in other words, the same position Cal has but without that massive buyout. He will also value the regular season and the SEC tournament. Sounds like an improvement to me.

What is Drew’s winning % after let’s say the first 7 years or so at Baylor. It took every bit of 2 full graduating classes to get that program to D1 level and competing from where he started.

I think we need to contact some robot company somwehere to have a coach made that combines the best qualities of Rupp, Pitino, K, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, Phil Jackson, Auerbach and Pat Riley because anything less will make this board crash because they will destroy our program and we will have double digit losses and get put out in the 2nd round every year

This board is insanity

I think we need to contact some robot company somwehere to have a coach made that combines the best qualities of Rupp, Pitino, K, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, Phil Jackson, Auerbach and Pat Riley because anything less will make this board crash because they will destroy our program and we will have double digit losses and get put out in the 2nd round every year

This board is insanity
I know you’re joking… but I’m interested in that AI-robot coach.

I know I’m not a Kentucky fan, but he seems like he would be the perfect cultural fit.
I think he will fit just fine, he will represent the university well. His values fit with a lot of people, my worry is that ones who don’t like his values or want them outside the school will throw a fit. There are a few on here so I can only imagine how many exist in the entire BBN. I believe he will be a good coach here though. Just not the exciting hire everyone wants. It’s basically Hurley for the Grand Slam, Oats for a 3 run HR, Billy D for going yard, and Drew is like a standing double or triple.

Drew like Cal has lost his mojo . He’s a shell of his 21 self . Would be a horrible hire
No clue how you arrive at this conclusion, they were very solid this year. Depending on who returns for him, he has a pretty great class coming too. He will definitely be a Big 12 favorite again and that’s without the portal adds.

Reactions: cathead64

Well I would take Hurly first, but would not be disappointed with Drew, he took a school that had only been to the NCAA 1 time since 1950 and won a title and has the number 3 recruiting class at Baylor.

I think he will fit just fine, he will represent the university well. His values fit with a lot of people, my worry is that ones who don’t like his values or want them outside the school will throw a fit. There are a few on here so I can only imagine how many exist in the entire BBN. I believe he will be a good coach here though. Just not the exciting hire everyone wants. It’s basically Hurley for the Grand Slam, Oats for a 3 run HR, Billy D for going yard, and Drew is like a standing double or triple.
1 final 4 in 20 years sucks

Reactions: J_Dee
Might as well have the great recruits. Any better coaching there is would be off set some with lesser players.
Coaches are the most important when talent on the court is equal or close enough that their system puts them over the edge. Any coach who has the 8 best players or so can win a lot. Cal showed that many times and he’s not a great coach by any means schematically, in the game, adjusting during halftime, or countering different defenses. He also doesn’t ever change what he’s trying to do. He will get beat by 30 as long as players play man to man all game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT