ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer

We don't storm the court for two reasons: 1. We expect to win; and 2. The people that could actually get to the court would likely all break a hip trying, except for Tim Couch and the Hammer.

Don't forget the guy that watches every game through blue tinted glasses (literally).

We don't storm the court for two reasons: 1. We expect to win; and 2. The people that could actually get to the court would likely all break a hip trying, except for Tim Couch and the Hammer.
We do not storm the court because Cal very seldom beats a top 20 team and when he does the fans go in shock and the moment passes before they regain their senses.

I have argued with younger UK fans that think they should be able to rush the floor. Times are changing. And this embarrassment may be heading our way. Mostly out of state students (Chicago or North of Ohio R) with no real understanding of the mystique. They know kids at Illinois State do it. Why can't they?

Last edited:
Reactions: Soupbean
Will be interesting to see how Scheyer does over the next 5 years.. and how the Duke fans, boosters, and admin deal with him, if they are not winning up to "K level expectations"... I know he was Coach K's hand selected successor.. even tho many in the Duke admin wanted someone else (maybe it was Amaker?)..

Thats a safety thing, not a reason to knock Scheyer

Arkansas fans are trashy, we all remember this right?

0sDSqnX.jpg

Will be interesting to see how Scheyer does over the next 5 years.. and how the Duke fans, boosters, and admin deal with him, if they are not winning up to "K level expectations"... I know he was Coach K's hand selected successor.. even tho many in the Duke admin wanted someone else (maybe it was Amaker?)..
I don’t think this is a very good Duke team, and I have not bought any stock in Scheyer. He probably has next year to make a run, with Flagg, or Duke fans will get restless with him.

He wouldn't have had a choice in this instance.

Weren't they in a big 10 challenge before and he had to play one every other year?

And I know UK plays one road game OOC each season usually but most teams don't do more than one due to all the road games in conference.

Reactions: gharding07
Weren't they in a big 10 challenge before and he had to play one every other year?

And I know UK plays one road game OOC each season usually but most teams don't do more than one due to all the road games in conference.
Yes. They had to go to Michigan St a couple years back.

I don’t think this is a very good Duke team, and I have not bought any stock in Scheyer. He probably has next year to make a run, with Flagg, or Duke fans will get restless with him.
They don't get much production from anyone but Filipowski and Roach. The others are hit or miss and their bench is terrible.

Reactions: sambowieshin
We do not storm the court because Cal very seldom beats a top 20 team and when he does the fans go in shock and the moment passes before they regain their senses.
We just beat 8 they beat 7. I guess one ranking higher made them storm the court. Since we never beat anyone I guess we should of stormed the court!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT