ADVERTISEMENT

Scheduling

CincinnatiWildcat

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2015
Why is it that we go the entire season and never once, play a game have one day off and play another game? I understand wanting more rest throughout the year but you would think we would intentionally try to do that once or twice since that is the tournament format.

Reactions: Calsmyguy
I remember back in the 50’s and 60’s when all conference games were Saturday and Monday. A road trip was two games, for example, Ole Miss and MSU or Auburn and Alabama.

Why is it that we go the entire season and never once, play a game have one day off and play another game? I understand wanting more rest throughout the year but you would think we would intentionally try to do that once or twice since that is the tournament format.
No coach would schedule a game with only 24 hrs to prepare for it . That would be crazy

Reactions: mebeblue2
We played a Friday and Monday once. We will play 2 games in 2 days most likely next week.
Friday Monday is still 2 days rest, and 2 games in 2 days is no days rest. I’m asking why we go the whole year and never get the amount of rest you get in the ncaa tournament between games 1 day.

Friday Monday is still 2 days rest, and 2 games in 2 days is no days rest. I’m asking why we go the whole year and never get the amount of rest you get in the ncaa tournament between games 1 day.

I dont think it matters but keep wondering about it.

I'm sure you will get the usual bitching about not playing in Maui. That's not the same either though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT