ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Games, what needs to happen?

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
UK can get a Double Bye with a win at UT though they can do it going to be a tall order. So what needs to happen in than other games Saturday to assure UK doesn't have to play on Thursday?

Thanks

Last edited:
If we win we get a double bye.

If we lose we need at least one of Auburn and Bama to lose as well for a double bye

Reactions: Greatestalltime
If we win we get a double bye.

If we lose we need at least one of Auburn and Bama to lose as well for a double bye
Thanks. So the CATS better win because can't see either of those 2 teams losing at Home on Sat.

Reactions: AGEE11
Thanks. So the CATS better win because can't see either of those 2 teams losing at Home on Sat.
Yeah, we aren't out of the woods yet.

That stupid goal-tending call against A&M may come back and bite us big time.

Or Reed leaving his man against Florida, or Rob leaving his against LSU.

Hard to think three plays could have us falling from the 1 seed to the 5

Plus I had UK +600 to win the SEC in the Pre season. Those 3 plays still got me so pissed!

Reactions: CGblue
UK can get a Double Bye with a win at UT though they can do it going to be a tall order. So what needs to happen in than other games Saturday to assure UK doesn't have to play on Thursday?

Thanks

Here is that excellent seed / bracket generator that was posted in another thread. Just click on the teams you think will win Saturday. If all favorites win we are looking at #5 in SEC-T, but with major upsets (AL, AU, or SC) we could be as high as #2 with a win over UT.

Here is that excellent seed / bracket generator that was posted in another thread. Just click on the teams you think will win Saturday. If all favorites win we are looking at #5 in SEC-T, but with major upsets (AL, AU, or SC) we could be as high as #2 with a win over UT.

That is a cool website.

So it does look like Arkansas. I think we win but that won't be an easy game. Maybe vandy will upset them. I wanted UGA for a fresh opponent.

But if Florida wins thinking we could fall to sixth seed Three way tie Ky sc if they lose and Florida would make us 6

But if Florida wins thinking we could fall to sixth seed Three way tie Ky sc if they lose and Florida would make us 6
Looks like the worst we'll be is a 5 seed if we lose to UT, and Bama and Auburn both win. I'm not seeing a scenario where we are the 6 seed.

As crazy as it sounds, we can still end up the 2 seed even if we lose to UT depending on how other games go.

Should be a fun Sat.

Or Cal suffering from a mental coma against UNCW.

Reactions: ruppcat
Barnes will throw Cal a bone and sit his starters in a meaningless game for tenn. now if we meet in the tournament thats a different story.

Barnes will throw Cal a bone and sit his starters in a meaningless game for tenn. now if we meet in the tournament thats a different story.
Not happening...all games now are for seeding! Besides it's UK/ 🎃 orange. Pretty much a must game for both , but for different reasons.

Must win for KY this Sat at Tenn- we need to beat a top seed, get some confidence and get on a roll- IMO if we lose Sat we have zero shot at a final four

Rob missed the FT against Fla. That was the easiest win.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
UT has clinched regular season. Kentucky always plays better when the opponent is good. Plus UT already won in Rupp. I think UK wins Saturday. Then it wouldn't shock me for them to lay a egg game 1 of the SECT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT