ADVERTISEMENT

Sarr's reaction to UK returning

Come on NCAA and do your dang F-ing job and clear Oliver Sarr. Why is this taking so long?
I spent the last couple months telling everyone to chill out he’s going to get cleared.

Now, with the new NBA draft entry deadline being pushed and the obvious delay in a decision from the NCAA, I realize they are in the middle of another classic UK screw job.

Sarr wants to play for UK. he isn't ready for the NBA now, his mindset is to learn what Cal and Kenny are going to teach him. He is going to play for a team now that is as big as the Lakers, Celtics but will prepare him for the next step. Now if the ncaa doesn't approve him it is a screw job.

Sarr wants to play for UK. he isn't ready for the NBA now, his mindset is to learn what Cal and Kenny are going to teach him. He is going to play for a team now that is as big as the Lakers, Celtics but will prepare him for the next step. Now if the ncaa doesn't approve him it is a screw job.
Don’t see how he isn’t approved.

I spent the last couple months telling everyone to chill out he’s going to get cleared.

Now, with the new NBA draft entry deadline being pushed and the obvious delay in a decision from the NCAA, I realize they are in the middle of another classic UK screw job.

yep, the NBA changed the draft entry deadline only to screw over UK.

Some people....SMFH

I'm amazed that people who know nothing about the situation are still able to delude themselves that they know more than Sarr himself -- who is right in the middle of the process.

He clearly has no doubt he is going to play for Kentucky. I guess he's just not as insightful as some of our posters.

NCAA board member #1 "Hey guys we got these 8 waivers over here in this stack that I am going to stamp approved on. What should I do with this one waiver with the name Sarr on it ?"

NCAA board member #2 "What school is he trying to transfer to ?"

NCAA member #1 "Kentucky"

NCAA Member #2 "You know the drill, deny, deny deny, we are out to get UK, you know that, everyone does."

Yes that sounds about as stupid as people believing that they are.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Come on NCAA and do your dang F-ing job and clear Oliver Sarr. Why is this taking so long?

Just be patient and let it play out. The primary reason these can take so long is because many of them require a ridiculous amount of work and sometimes a lot of back and forth between the school requesting the waiver, the NCAA staff and the previous school.

The NCAA staff may also have to comb through numerous documents that can total well over a hundred pages per each transfer submission. If multiple submissions hit at the same time, then this can also complicate things because of the limited number of case managers. The significant workload associated with reviewing a submission, particularly the “creative” submissions, is one of the primary reasons why they were trying to go to the one-time transfer waiver. The NCAA staff simply don’t won’t to deal with the workload anymore.

The other issue that can come into play is how requests are prioritized if there are a large number submitted at once. All else being equal, if Sarr submitted his waiver at the same time as a football player, the NCAA case manager is going to prioritize the football request over Sarr’s because football season starts before basketball. If the case manager is unable to work on both simultaneously due to workload, then Sarr’s is put on hold for a few days until the case manager can catch up.

Reactions: westerncat
It hurt that Sarr said at the time that if he didn’t get approved for UK that he would go play pro ball (overseas). I think the NCAA is going to say here’s your chance. See if the NBA will take you. I doubt he gets his waiver now. JMO.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It hurt that Sarr said at the time that if he didn’t get approved for UK that he would go play pro ball (overseas). I think the NCAA is going to say here’s your chance. See if the NBA will take you. I doubt he gets his waiver now. JMO.
You understand there is no logic to that, right? He's requesting to play for Kentucky, so the NCAA is going to say, "We are going to give you the freedom to play for the NBA by denying you the chance to play for Kentucky." And meanwhile, the NCAA cuts off its own nose in a year when they need a tremendous bounce-back after canceling the tournament.

You understand there is no logic to that, right? He's requesting to play for Kentucky, so the NCAA is going to say, "We are going to give you the freedom to play for the NBA by denying you the chance to play for Kentucky." And meanwhile, the NCAA cuts off its own nose in a year when they need a tremendous bounce-back after canceling the tournament.
Yeah I think so too. They want as many talented guys as possible playing college ball. And that guy playing at Kentucky will make college basketball money next year.

I think he'll play too but I understand why Fans are skeptical. Ever since the Enes situation.
True. But like it or not he got pro money. I realize others did too and some got eligible but the NCAA had strong enough position to deny him. They don't here.

Reactions: LosGatos
People who think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to recognize a Good Ol’ Boy system when it’s shoved down your throat ever since Myles Brand retired.

Reactions: RunninRichie
People who think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to recognize a Good Ol’ Boy system when it’s shoved down your throat ever since Myles Brand retired.
I agree the NCAA is rudderless ship with no real sense of logic, cherry picking what they will and will not enforce. I think the entire institution is a sad joke, but not think it's anti-UK. It's just poorly run.

The large cities and the NCAA are run by leftest Democrats. That is all that you need to know How it is ran. Everything they touch turns into a cluster****

Reactions: westerncat
I agree the NCAA is rudderless ship with no real sense of logic, cherry picking what they will and will not enforce. I think the entire institution is a sad joke, but not think it's anti-UK. It's just poorly run.
I’ll give you that the notion of all-out war on UK is debatable. And I have no qualms with people who don’t believe as long as they can respect people who do believe it.

But what’s going on at NCAA headquarters is not just ineptitude. Whatever we have, we absolutely don’t have a bunch of people going:

“OOOPS!! Tobacco Road got a free pass again! Did I do that???”

“OOPS!! Another school where Mark Emmert or one of his extended family works/worked got a free pass or advantage again! Did I do that???”

“OOPS!! Another mid major got the stern hand of justice for some technicality again just as heat was building on us for not ever enforcing compliance! Did I do that???”

Just be patient and let it play out. The primary reason these can take so long is because many of them require a ridiculous amount of work and sometimes a lot of back and forth between the school requesting the waiver, the NCAA staff and the previous school.

The NCAA staff may also have to comb through numerous documents that can total well over a hundred pages per each transfer submission. If multiple submissions hit at the same time, then this can also complicate things because of the limited number of case managers. The significant workload associated with reviewing a submission, particularly the “creative” submissions, is one of the primary reasons why they were trying to go to the one-time transfer waiver. The NCAA staff simply don’t won’t to deal with the workload anymore.

The other issue that can come into play is how requests are prioritized if there are a large number submitted at once. All else being equal, if Sarr submitted his waiver at the same time as a football player, the NCAA case manager is going to prioritize the football request over Sarr’s because football season starts before basketball. If the case manager is unable to work on both simultaneously due to workload, then Sarr’s is put on hold for a few days until the case manager can catch up.
Sorry, that' s a bunch of bull.

The large cities and the NCAA are run by leftest Democrats. That is all that you need to know How it is ran. Everything they touch turns into a cluster****

I swear some people on this board will stub their toe when they get out of bed in the morning and blame it on "da libs".

Reactions: GG24 and ganner918

Relax....They haven't decided yet because UK just submitted his app recently. The average turn around time is a month. We are well within that time frame. Expect a decision in the next 16 days.

We also don't know the exact date in May when Kentucky turned in the paperwork for Sarr's waiver. Kentucky had to wait on his grades from Wake Forest and that was May 18, 2020. So, it's been around 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe we will hear something during the 4th of July week.

We also don't know the exact date in May when Kentucky turned in the paperwork for Sarr's waiver. Kentucky had to wait on his grades from Wake Forest and that was May 18, 2020. So, it's been around 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe we will hear something during the 4th of July week.
Agree. Looks like around July 1-5 unless they really want to drag their feet.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I stated it in several other threads. UK did not get a pledge from Sarr and then the next day fire a waiver to the NCAA asking for approval. They took their time, built a case, dotted I's crossed T's, then submitted. I believe it was around the 28th of May.

So why no decision on Gatewood?

So why no decision on Gatewood?

I have no personal involvement with Gatewood so I can’t give you a definitive answer on his waiver or why it is taking so long (if that’s even true based on when it was submitted).

However, what I can say is that waivers for transfers within the same conference almost always take significantly longer to process. The reason for this is that conferences also have their own set of rules for transfers within a conference. So instead of having to get one waiver from the NCAA, you may have to get two waivers, one from the conference and one from the NCAA.

That significantly complicates things and often times you have to wait until you have the NCAA waiver before you can get the conference waiver. In other words, the process for getting the two waivers can’t be done entirely in parallel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT