ADVERTISEMENT

"Same thing I just told him: KEEP SHOOTING!"

SituationBlue

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why is it so difficult for Cal to do the things that gives us the best chance to win, when it is so obvious to everyone? The starting lineup consistently limped out of the gate yet he continued to start them. The three R's together were our best scoring threat yet we rarely had them on the court for long stretches. Our bigs were ineffective yet we kept trotting them out there. It goes on and on and on.

Jack Gohlke was lighting us up.. just straight torching us.. and how did Greg Kampe respond? With a no-brainer: "KEEP SHOOTING!"

Yet Cal, in the face of a whole season of analytics - with every coach, talking head, and fan pointing it out - continues to handicap the team with lineups, in game decisions, and a seemingly endless lack of preparation.

It truly boggles the mind.

Guy took 20 threes !!! Can you imagine in any scenario , that Johny C gives a single player the green light like that .. think of the number of insane scorers we have had .. but NONE .. ( at least that I know ). have ever attempted 20 3's in a game .. hell Johny C prob doesnt want the entire team taking 20 3s .... he's stuck in the 90s or 50s on offense

Reactions: ganner918
It's not hard if you get Calipari OP. Think who Justin Edwards and DJ Wagner are.

1. Is represented by Lebron and Nike's most poweful sports agency
2. DJ Wagner is the son of Cal's first ''one and done''.

Promises to agencies and old friends>Winning basketball gmaes at UK. Cal is renting us out.

we lost the instant Cow decided to start Mitchell, UGO, and Wagner. What has been our worst line up all year
The " tweak" to start a struggling Mitchell is mind boggling , mind boggling BAD . Dude is recovering from an injury .. he's played terrible lately .. just awful in several games .. and you set Thiero to play Mitchell 31 minutes .. 31 minutes to Tre . While ignoring our best lineup .. how can it be possible not to play the 3 R's with a combo of about any 2 of our bigs .. preferably Z and Thiero IMO .. Thats our best lineup .. and it NEVER .. NEVER EVER. NEVER sees the floor . BBN wanted it , no way Mr Ego , the grifter , gives that to us . We might have been actually right and we are all prepping for a game on Sat . Instead it's national embarrassment .
Please go to Michigan Cal

The " tweak" to start a struggling Mitchell is mind boggling , mind boggling BAD . Dude is recovering from an injury .. he's played terrible lately .. just awful in several games .. and you set Thiero to play Mitchell 31 minutes .. 31 minutes to Tre . While ignoring our best lineup .. how can it be possible not to play the 3 R's with a combo of about any 2 of our bigs .. preferably Z and Thiero IMO .. Thats our best lineup .. and it NEVER .. NEVER EVER. NEVER sees the floor . BBN wanted it , no way Mr Ego , the grifter , gives that to us . We might have been actually right and we are all prepping for a game on Sat . Instead it's national embarrassment .
Please go to Michigan Cal
Completely brain dead. When he said, “The tweak is to play Mitchell.” I rolled my eyes.

Why is it so difficult for Cal to do the things that gives us the best chance to win, when it is so obvious to everyone? The starting lineup consistently limped out of the gate yet he continued to start them. The three R's together were our best scoring threat yet we rarely had them on the court for long stretches. Our bigs were ineffective yet we kept trotting them out there. It goes on and on and on.

Jack Gohlke was lighting us up.. just straight torching us.. and how did Greg Kampe respond? With a no-brainer: "KEEP SHOOTING!"

Yet Cal, in the face of a whole season of analytics - with every coach, talking head, and fan pointing it out - continues to handicap the team with lineups, in game decisions, and a seemingly endless lack of preparation.

You are right the starting line up was in the negative and the three R's even with Reed having an off game were in the positive side when everything was calculated from last night.

Cal does the opposite. He tells the guys that are struggling and being left open for a reason tk “keep shooting” instead of “you’re open for a reason, attack the paint if they give you space”

Agreed. Cal was going to play those guys no matter what, even to the detriment of the team. Ugo and Wagner in particular had the worst efficiency rating and +/- on the whole team
I cant find extended stats , can you link them please .

We lose by 20 if dillingham and reed start.

The moment was too big for them. They were awful.

And Mitchell was decent.

It’s almost like y’all are as stubborn as you say cal is.
If you dont think the flow and the entire game is different if Cal starts , reed , Rob and Reeves and 2 of 3 in Z , Adou and Tre , then I dont know what to tell you .. The tone was set EARLY , While 3 of those 6 were spectators ... Dilly gets too wound up setting on the bench watching , then he tries to do too much . I can see that . I have no clue where your mind is .

It brings him joy to see the fans suffer. All while his players continue to get rich and reach their dreams.

And Mitchell was decent.

The starting lineup wasn't the most efficient, however they did get stops. We led 4-3 when we subbed and immediately went down 6. The freshman were scared and played terrible. Reed was bad on both ends, that left handed lob was ridiculous. Rob had a couple of baskets, but killed us twice in the last 2 minutes, fouling a jump shooter and over helping on an ill fated drive, while leaving a guy wide open for a warm up 3. DJ struggled to penetrate and looked confused while going 0-5. Justin thinks way too much on the court, he blew a layup and missed a dunk , because he was indecisive as whether to dunk it or lay it up. Bradshaw and Z brought energy but struggled defensively in ISO situations. Complete meltdown !!

And Mitchell was decent.

Lmao. Pure narcissism just thinking you’re right even though the evidence is literally smacking you in the face. The gAmE wOuLd hAvE bEeN DiFfeRenTttttt- correct we would have been down ten and probably lost in a lot more embarrassing fashion. Reed couldn’t even throw the ball to teammates much less help us.

The freshman weren’t mentally ready to lead the team. The role of coming off the bench allowed them to settle into games and be overhyped. It didn’t carry over to the biggest stage. They were AWFUL.

Yall turned those two into some program saving hero’s that were only being held back by cal. You built them up. You helped give them the biggest fall they could take.

Maybe just maybe - I and many others including cal were correct to not anoint them the next great thing and to try to let them be freshmen. Crazy concept I know.

With that said- I’m fully on board at the very least putting feelers out to a chosen select few.

Jay Wright is exactly on point. You can no longer win with freshmen in an environment where the COVID, NIL and portal system are creating teams that have 3, 4, 5 and even 6 year players. If this team were to stay together one more year with good coaching, they could be very successful. But, that will not materialize because most will either end up in the draft or transfer out, causing Calipari to start over again next year.

Maybe it would be better to get a bunch of 3 and 4 star players and help them develop as individuals and as a team over a longer time span and then add a couple of five stars or stellar transfers to the roster every year. This constant turnover is contributing to the problem and when you have mediocre coaching it makes it virtually impossible to overcome the youth and immaturity. I still believe that UK needs a change in direction but, the recruiting may also need adjusting.

What if, he was doing it on purpose?

Guy took 20 threes !!! Can you imagine in any scenario , that Johny C gives a single player the green light like that .. think of the number of insane scorers we have had .. but NONE .. ( at least that I know ). have ever attempted 20 3's in a game .. hell Johny C prob doesnt want the entire team taking 20 3s .... he's stuck in the 90s or 50s on offense

Antonio Reeves took 17 in the game against Kansas only making 3 this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT