ADVERTISEMENT

Safe to say

I think you’re absolutely correct….but a lot of smoke coming from the old players that Pope played with that we want to press this year. You need 9-10 playing rotation to press.
You can’t really do that in today’s game, the game and players have evolved past that. They are too skilled, too athletic, officiating is to touchy, and you’ll get run out of the gym trying to play the style Arkansas and Kentucky had so much success with in the 90’s.

No way Poplar, Davis and Brea attend the same school.
UK or anywhere else.
I'll also add if you play Chandler and Perry like Cal played Burks and Hart they won't be back next year.
I can guarantee you neither of these kids see themselves as glorified walk on's.
I could see us landing 2 out of the 3.

Reactions: chroix
You can’t really do that in today’s game, the game and players have evolved past that. They are too skilled, too athletic, officiating is to touchy, and you’ll get run out of the gym trying to play the style Arkansas and Kentucky had so much success with in the 90’s.
If you are trying to press to turn the other team over then yes I agree with you it’s a high risk tactic. However, I think Pope wants to press to simply waste the shot clock and disrupt the opponents half court sets. He wants playing us to be the biggest headache in the world. Offensive possessions that take up the full shot clock with multiple actions and multiple screens. And defensive possessions that make the opponent worn out and tired from having to fight the press for every bucket.

Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
Very possible both Garrison and Oweh are long term bench piece to backup Great and Brea.

If above is the case then roster would seem to be filling out nicely.

At that point you are really down to needing another PG. Already have a CG in Butler.

I will say if we add both Osobour/Brea and then Robinson does come available, not sure if we are adding anyone of major substance outside of that PG (10 deep + another PG)...less a depth piece. At that point your roster is full.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Lanier
Brea
Backup point guard
One more stretch 4.

And call it a day.

G - Butler - back-up point guard - Perry
G - Brea - Oweh - Chandler - Perry
G - Lanier - Oweh - Chandler
F - Carr - stretch 4 - Garrison
C - Williams - Garrison

Also Coleman Hawkins if are willing to pay a lot
I'm wondering why we don't think Garrison and Williams will be enough at the 5 next season.

I know Osobor is better than both of them, but we landed two of the better big men in the portal. Both are going to be solid defensively and give us good rim protection. Carr gives you a back-to-the basket 4 man (if you need late game scoring).

We would have all preferred Osobor, but let's not act like we didn't land an elite collection of portal bigs in Carr, Williams, and Garrison. You'd think we came away with Aaron Bradshaw and Mark Coury by how people are handling this news.

That's a huge miss by Pope.
I don’t think it’s a miss, but a pass. Think about it. He’s on a visit, they go to dinner then a couple hours Osober tells them no thanks he’s out??? That makes no sense at all. He would wait till he left or made his other visits to do that.

The only way he’s out after his visit was ending is if Pope told him he needed the commitment now or we were moving on.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Not full court at least but, three quarter or half half court absolutely. All that athleticism stretching out and trapping is deadly with those quick long athletes. It’s criminal Cal didn’t take advantage of that more when he was here with all the rim protectors we had. instead we grindied it out chasing man to man

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Very possible both Garrison and Oweh are long term bench piece to backup Great and Brea.

If above is the case then roster would seem to be filling out nicely.

At that point you are really down to needing another PG. Already have a CG in Butler.

I will say if we add both Osobour/Brea and then Robinson does come available, not sure if we are adding anyone of major substance outside of that PG (10 deep + another PG)...less a depth piece. At that point your roster is full.
Great is out now. This is another waste of time thread.

• Haha
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Bored GIF

Reactions: Mrwildcats03
I guess he didn't want to play with Carr that bad or just selfishly wanted him to join wherever he went.

While the internet allows for free and open access to information, some websites require a certain level of knowledge and critical thinking to properly understand and engage with the content. Sports websites in particular often contain complex statistics, analysis, and insider terminology that assume a basic familiarity with the sport. While everyone should be free to browse these sites, those without a solid educational background may struggle to keep up with the nuances. This can lead to misconceptions, faulty interpretations, and even the spread of misinformation if complex data is misunderstood. Those without the requisite knowledge may be better served sticking to more basic sports coverage until they build up more literacy in the specifics of the game. There is no shame in admitting the need to learn the fundamentals before diving into the deep end. Taking the time to educate oneself on the basics of sports statistics and lingo will lead to a much richer experience engaging with these websites down the line. The path to true understanding starts with a solid educational foundation. With learning and patience, the doors to in-depth sports analysis will open.
TOM BRADY;);););););););)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT