ADVERTISEMENT

Safe to say

That's a huge miss by Pope.
I don't understand why fans go negative so quickly, especially in the face of common sense. The guy is still on his visit, but plans to take his other three visits, including to his old coach at Washington. Obviously Pope decided to accept Garrison's commitment because Osobor wasn't ready to pop. Also, we have no idea whether Pope has someone else in mind, such as Toppin. The point is that, while Pope will certainly "miss" on players (as all coaches do), this is a weird one to call a miss when it is pretty clearly a strategic decision on a kid that is not ready to commit yet when there are other options that are as good, and maybe even better in our system.

Last edited:
Jeff Ruby's comes in clutch in these visits. That's some bomb dot com food.

That's the one place I don't bat a eye when they bring me a multiple $100 bill for me and the wife a dinner at Ruby's is easily $200-$250 (hense why I only get it every now and then) we go maybe 1-2 times a year if we go to Lexington but a rich me would have a permanent seat there.
If two of you are eating there for $200-$250, you aren't drinking alcohol, aren't eating steak and aren't getting apps. I took my grandson there and spent $425.

If two of you are eating there for $200-$250, you aren't drinking alcohol, aren't eating steak and aren't getting apps. I took my grandson there and spent $425.
Usually get a 22 oz steak (ribeye )
and 1 side thinking it's about 100-120 for my meal if i remember correctly wife usually gets some seafood . Usually runs up another 100-150 she's isn't a super big eater either so price gets conserved naturally there too.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Coleman Hawkins may be worth a look.
And are we certain Thiero may not reconsider UK?

Brea, Robinson, Toppin would give you two deep at every position (exact positions and order probably not accurate):

Butler-Perry
Brea-Chandler
Robinson-Oweh
Carr-Toppin
Williams-Garrison

All of the “second string” are freshman or sophomores this upcoming season as well, keep the NIL money flowing and we’d return five guys with a year of experience in Pope’s system and coming off a year of practice against full grown men. Add someone like a Richmond and hopefully another outside scoring threat and you’re easily looking at a roster that could make noise this upcoming season.

Any rumors on Norchad Omier from Miami? Last I heard is he is in the portal and testing the NBA waters. Would be a nice 1-year PF rental option if we can try to $way him.

I prefer someone who keeps it real, not someone who blows sunshine up my ass 24/7. We do need scorers right now. Brea is a start. Would feel better with Poplar, Davis, and another big.
I agree that we aren’t done yet.

The roster has taken a major step forward in one week. This next week after everyone has had to enter the portal (May 1) will be huge. After that, we’ll see who withdrawals from the NBA draft.

I feel good about the strides Coach Pope is making.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I agree that we aren’t done yet.

The roster has taken a major step forward in one week. This next week after everyone has had to enter the portal (May 1) will be huge. After that, we’ll see who withdrawals from the NBA draft.

I feel good about the strides Coach Pope is making.
I'm starting to think we may get Darryn Peterson. Reclass and commit after peach jam.

I saw where Arthur Kaluma was in the portal yet again. I remember UK being involved last season.

As I’ve said before it doesn’t matter if we offer O 10 million he won’t commit on this trip.
His whole family from overseas are here on a free vacation while he travels America visiting schools.

BUT, a silent commit would be noce

Ty I can log off and go to bed now LxWildcat!
Sure you can. Haha. It is tough with all the news for sure and as much as we’ve all missed Kentucky basketball for so long. I will say I’m starting to even like the fans again who make it real hard to like. Lmao.

I prefer someone who keeps it real, not someone who blows sunshine up my ass 24/7. We do need scorers right now. Brea is a start. Would feel better with Poplar, Davis, and another big.
No way Poplar, Davis and Brea attend the same school.
UK or anywhere else.
I'll also add if you play Chandler and Perry like Cal played Burks and Hart they won't be back next year.
I can guarantee you neither of these kids see themselves as glorified walk on's.

No way Poplar, Davis and Brea attend the same school.
UK or anywhere else.
I'll also add if you play Chandler and Perry like Cal played Burks and Hart they won't be back next year.
I can guarantee you neither of these kids see themselves as glorified walk on's.
I think you’re absolutely correct….but a lot of smoke coming from the old players that Pope played with that we want to press this year. You need 9-10 playing rotation to press.

Reactions: JASUN74
Thanks! UL is in the same boat as us….signed a bunch of solid guys but no headliners. They almost had JQ but couldn’t get it over the finish line. I’ll hazard a blind guess that they had enough NIL left for one big overpay statement signing and they decided to use in on Osobar. So far Pope has backed away from every single bidding war and refused to enter the fray.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT