ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers wimsatt

I would have loved to have seen him at UK. It was a smart move by Rutgers getting him on campus as soon as possible.

Completed 47% of his passes this season, 9 TDs and 8 INTS. Those kind of stats would've gotten him sliced and diced on this site.
I never said nothing about him being here or we should have recruited just stated he was looking pretty good and it's good to see a Kentucky kid doing good lighten up

Completed 47% of his passes this season, 9 TDs and 8 INTS. Those kind of stats would've gotten him sliced and diced on this site.
Like I mentioned on another thread a few weeks ago when his name came up, he’s a slightly improved version of Morgan Newton. Solid athlete, but not an SEC-caliber QB. IMO, Coen knew what he was doing when he passed on Wimsatt coming out of high school.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I would have loved to have seen him at UK. It was a smart move by Rutgers getting him on campus as soon as possible.
Why? He'd be at the bottom of the QB depth chart. He's completed only 47% of his passes on the year with 9 TD and 8 picks. Today he was a whopping 7-15 for 84 yards and no TD. Leary had his struggles this year, but had a monster season compared to Wimsatt.

LOL, I guess you wanted to keep our Eddie Gran offensive style . Just the fact that you were so high on Wimsatt and you trash Cutter Boley tells me all I need to know about your football evaluations.

Last edited:
Why? He'd be at the bottom of the QB depth chart. He's completed only 47% of his passes on the year with 9 TD and 8 picks. Today he was a whopping 7-15 for 84 yards and no TD. Leary had his struggles this year, but had a monster season compared to Wimsatt.
... not to mention the disparity in quality of competition between conferences.

Glad to see him do well. He was never a good fit for UK and he knew that. Doesn’t mean he cannot be a great fit elsewhere and have a very successful career. Hope he does great and has Rutgers getting some big wins.

Glad to see him do well. He was never a good fit for UK and he knew that. Doesn’t mean he cannot be a great fit elsewhere and have a very successful career. Hope he does great and has Rutgers getting some big wins.
Glad to see him do well? In three seasons at Rutgers, he's...

212 -455 for 2537 yards at 102 ypg
47% completion rate
14 TD
17 interceptions

There's nowhere in football where that is considered "doing well".

Glad to see him do well? In three seasons at Rutgers, he's...

212 -455 for 2537 yards at 102 ypg
47% completion rate
14 TD
17 interceptions

There's nowhere in football where that is considered "doing well".
He’s getting to start at a P5 university. Numbers aside, he is doing well for someone who wanted to be a college football quarterback.

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
He’s getting to start at a P5 university. Numbers aside, he is doing well for someone who wanted to be a college football quarterback.
Wimsatt is the number 103 rated QB in the FBS out of 106 eligible QB.

Wimsatt is #106 out of 106 in completion percentage.

Wimsatt is #98 out of 100 in completions per game.

Wimsatt is #114 in the number of TD thrown.

Wimsatt is #96 in passing yards.

Wimsatt is #98 in passing yards per game.

Numbers aside? Numbers are pretty much how you rank a QB, and Wimsatt's numbers are awful.

Wimsatt is the number 103 rated QB in the FBS out of 106 eligible QB.

Wimsatt is #106 out of 106 in completion percentage.

Wimsatt is #98 out of 100 in completions per game.

Wimsatt is #114 in the number of TD thrown.

Wimsatt is #96 in passing yards.

Wimsatt is #98 in passing yards per game.

Numbers aside? Numbers are pretty much how you rank a QB, and Wimsatt's numbers are awful.
Ha. Not if you are a kid wanting to start at QB. I get it. You hate the kid for some reason. He wasn’t a fit here. His numbers are not good. He’s not a starter most places in the FBS yet he has found a spot where he is starting for a P5 program and was the starting QB for a team that just won a bowl game. If he is wanting to be an NFL QB, it’s not going to happen without major changes. He went to Rutgers because he wanted a chance to start at QB. He’s getting to do that. I would say he is happy where he is and for that I’m happy the kid is doing well.

Add in what playing in the SEC would do to those numbers, and it makes perfect sense why Coen didn’t recruit him that hard.
Divisions are going away, but the Big 10 East that Wimsatt played in this year is clearly tougher than the SEC East we played in. Not true for the conferences as a whole but is for our two divisions.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Ha. Not if you are a kid wanting to start at QB. I get it. You hate the kid for some reason. He wasn’t a fit here. His numbers are not good. He’s not a starter most places in the FBS yet he has found a spot where he is starting for a P5 program and was the starting QB for a team that just won a bowl game. If he is wanting to be an NFL QB, it’s not going to happen without major changes. He went to Rutgers because he wanted a chance to start at QB. He’s getting to do that. I would say he is happy where he is and for that I’m happy the kid is doing well.
Hate him? Why would I hate him? I'm just giving you his on the field results. You say he's doing well, but his numbers say otherwise, and you'd have to be extremely naive to think that the Rutgers staff isn't trying to upgrade the position. I hope he's doing well in school and enjoying the NYC metro area, but he's struggled on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT