ADVERTISEMENT

Rural NC Walmart

Stan the caddy

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 14, 2023
Just stopped at a Walmart in BFE NC.

There were 9 school buses parked in one spot in the lot - Latinos milling around the area. The info on the sides and front of the buses was crudely spray painted over.
Inside there were people leading groups of Hispanics around and then paying for their shit with cash. Almost 100% non perishable shit. I can’t come up with another explanation than they are illegals being bused somewhere. I’ve been reluctant to believe that the border was being flooded but this really looked weird. It’s Hard to come up with another scenario that makes sense.

Sounds like the Walmart near my girlfriend in rural NC. And there it is migrant farm workers. That county is huge in agriculture. She hates going to her local Walmart on Saturdays for that reason.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Was at Shillito park not long ago at the playground with my son. Probably 30 people or so, after a little while my wife looked at me and said, “do you realize we are the only Americans here?”. I looked around and she wasn’t wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Was at Shillito park not long ago at the playground with my son. Probably 30 people or so, after a little while my wife looked at me and said, “do you realize we are the only Americans here?”. I looked around and she wasn’t wrong.
Jacobson is the same man.

Public parks and lines at the gas station for lottery tickets. Their 2 favorite activities.

Yesterday’s conspiracy is today’s fact. Huddled masses and all that, though.

congrats on obeying the law while others seem to not have to.
Yeah, I don't get how this isn't visible to all. This has got to stop. No nation can sustain what is happening and we're the worst at allowing it. I'm all for people coming here and becoming an American, but it has to be done right and in limited numbers. We will pay a big time price for all this willy nilly all over the country. We already are but you ain't seen nothing yet.

Yeah, I don't get how this isn't visible to all. This has got to stop. No nation can sustain what is happening and we're the worst at allowing it. I'm all for people coming here and becoming an American, but it has to be done right and in limited numbers. We will pay a big time price for all this willy nilly all over the country. We already are but you ain't seen nothing yet.
The ones that could wont. They don’t care.

Reactions: Stan the caddy

There were 9 school buses parked in one spot in the lot - Latinos milling around the area. The info on the sides and front of the buses was crudely spray painted over.
Inside there were people leading groups of Hispanics around and then paying for their shit with cash. Almost 100% non perishable shit. I can’t come up with another explanation than they are illegals being bused somewhere. I’ve been reluctant to believe that the border was being flooded but this really looked weird. It’s Hard to come up with another scenario that makes sense.
Where was this in NC? I was just in the OBX

Not a big deal. This plays out every payday in central and south Florida when the farm workers get paid. They'll roll into Wally World in the buses, spend their money and head back to their community. There are tons of them in our area working the farms west of I-95 out towards Okeechobee. You'll also find them at places like Wawa early in the AM getting breakfast before going to work at roofing, landscaping , construction, or whatever jobs.

Sounds like the Walmart near my girlfriend in rural NC. And there it is migrant farm workers. That county is huge in agriculture. She hates going to her local Walmart on Saturdays for that reason.
This is exactly it. We used to live in south Georgia and saw this all the time. At certain times of the year, these folks are working 16 hour days picking watermelons, cantaloupe, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, etc, etc. They live in shitty housing and don't have cars, so their employers bus them all to 'town' at the same time to shop. Many of them are on H2A work visas and return home in the off-season.

It's complete bullshit how these people are demonized.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanations - makes sense. They weren’t making any trouble and were all polite. I’ve not been to that part of the country very often so it was a new experience for me to see this, and with all the venomous rhetoric being spewed about immigrants, I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Last edited:
Farms. They are an irreplaceable piece of our agricultural industry.
Farms, meat and poultry packing plants, skilled and unskilled construction, landscaping, roofing, the plastics and other industry too. Hell, they should build skill centers at the border and give them skills tests to match them up with potential employers. I retired from a chemical company that has a large plastics segment. I retired from the plastics tech services division and visited a lot of film and sheet plants around the country and a lot of them employed Hispanic and Latino workers. The production manager at an Indiana facility told me that even though communication with them could sometimes be tough, that they were quick learners, wanted to do a good job, showed up for work, and showed up on time. Work in the film and sheet industry is hot, hard and can be dangerous. He told me that most of the non-immigrant guys who are hired last only one or two pay cycles before quitting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT