ADVERTISEMENT

Running off Cal

To be honest with as many nba players as Cal has I’m afraid if we run him out of town it could hurt us for years to come. We are in a no win situation literally.
Same thing was said about Tubby. We'll be better off in the end.

Kentucky basketball is bigger than any coach. Give me a coach that will recruit kids to play for Kentucky.
I'm surprised no one has asked me what my username means. Hint: it is exactly what you're talking about. Can anyone guess?

To be honest with as many nba players as Cal has I’m afraid if we run him out of town it could hurt us for years to come. We are in a no win situation literally.
Wff it. Sometimes you have to go scorched earth. That’s how they had to defeat Napoleon.

I am not defending Cal and hate this as much as anyone. All I’m saying is after tubby we got Billy Clyde. If this isn’t handled the right way which I’m not sure Barnhart can do it could get ugly for several years and I absolutely hate this.

Reactions: dailydouble
This has got to be the lowest T-count statement of the night. In a night of agony and strained opinions you somehow raised the bar and wrote something completely limp and shriveled.

I'm ready to take the chance without the bloated Cow.
Joaquin Phoenix Thumbs Down GIF

I am not defending Cal and hate this as much as anyone. All I’m saying is after tubby we got Billy Clyde. If this isn’t handled the right way which I’m not sure Barnhart can do it could get ugly for several years and I absolutely hate this.
It is already ugly.

And for the record I am not a Cal defender at all. I think his failure to do anything different on defense, his stubbornness, and horrible substitution patterns, the list could go on and on. I was simply pointing out I think it will have an effect on whoever replaces him to recruit because of the influence and loyalty of all the nba guys. Not sure why people can’t simply have a discussion without name calling. It’s a no win situation. In that regard. And my literally I was referring to if he stayed no wins either.

And for the record I am not a Cal defender at all. I think his failure to do anything different on defense, his stubbornness, and horrible substitution patterns, the list could go on and on. I was simply pointing out I think it will have an effect on whoever replaces him to recruit because of the influence and loyalty of all the nba guys. Not sure why people can’t simply have a discussion without name calling. It’s a no win situation. In that regard. And my literally I was referring to if he stayed no wins either.
I believe the transfer portal would lessen that effect. We wouldn’t get as many sure fire nba players but I don’t a crap about that. The one thing I do wonder though, our basketball teams NIL is funded by former players and our football team has had massive problems getting enough NIL to compete for top players. I suspect our former players would stop funding our basketball nil . So that could be a problem.

• Love
Reactions: dlh331
Same thing was said about Tubby. We'll be better off in the end.
Didn't someone in the media say we were racist and firing Tubby would set us back 10 years? We didn't even fire him. He was job hunting during the season. He knew it was time to go and did what needed to be done. Cal is at that same point, but that contract keeps him from thinking straight and doing the honorable thing. I guess money is more important than his legacy.

I could give two shits ... half of those drive-by OAD guys will never step foot back in Fayette County again anyway. They have no roots here ... hell, they move in and are moved out in 8 months ... never to be seen again. Who cares? PROGRAM FIRST means Cal's gotta go ... sooner the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT