ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor: Les Miles interested in Ole Miss job.

He would probably do better than average there even with sanctions, from what I know he's a good man and a hell of a recruiter/motivator he just needs a OC and help when times a issue. If I was him I'd wait on another job. I believe he will get a chance to coach in a P5 conf again soon...

I think it's either going to be Les Miles or Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin followed Ole Miss accounts on Twitter

Ole Sis is going to be burned to the ground. Never been impressed with Miles coaching ability considering the talent level he had at LSU. As for Kiffin, I'm guessing the combination of Joey Freshwater and the Ole Sis coeds wouldn't end well. Never understood the interest in this jackwagon who has never accomplished anything of note on his own.

Reactions: Rockford and Calf
I want Miles there because he's good not great. He's not another (James Franklin for example) young bright Offensive/Defensive mind. He's easily beatable especially with our staff...

Les Miles would change their high flying fast as hell offense into the boring dud ground game he had at LSU.

Good luck beating the West with D only at Ole Miss

I like Miles, he was/is good for college football. But OM couldn't find a worse hire to fit the personal they have on their roster now. They are built to play fast and put the ball in the air. With the likely sanctions and scholarship reduction they are going to be facing I think Les might bury them so deep it might take 15 years to recover. Lane Kiffin is too much of a renegade for OM to risk him, his brother was behind part of OM's problems now, I don't think they want anything to do with him.

Its a tough place to coach, its a state with a little over half the population of Kentucky with 3 FBS teams and the states of Louisiana kids and Alabama kid staying in state for the most part and Arkansas having an even smaller population it means you have to travel to recruit. Whoever they get is will have a huge uphill battle to get them back to being competitive

Reactions: Tcat_2
Its a tough place to coach, its a state with a little over half the population of Kentucky with 3 FBS teams and the states of Louisiana kids and Alabama kid staying in state for the most part and Arkansas having an even smaller population it means you have to travel to recruit. Whoever they get is will have a huge uphill battle to get them back to being competitive
[thumb2]

Think Les Miles needs to pull the Jack Handy card and insert "Lowered Expectations" should be his rule of thumb. I just feel he needs to take one of those MAC or AAC types of schools. Sort of pull a Frank Solich......good not great coach who can teach young men more than just how to be NFL football player. His quirkiness and ability to be that crazy Uncle would bode well for the young men he can coach and lead.

I like Miles, he was/is good for college football. But OM couldn't find a worse hire to fit the personal they have on their roster now. They are built to play fast and put the ball in the air. With the likely sanctions and scholarship reduction they are going to be facing I think Les might bury them so deep it might take 15 years to recover. Lane Kiffin is too much of a renegade for OM to risk him, his brother was behind part of OM's problems now, I don't think they want anything to do with him.

Well, not much sense in me posting; this (^^^) pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Ole Myth has basically been a .500 football program since Johnny Vaught retired after the 1970 season. They have had 10 coaches since then but hardly a whiff of the success they had during his "best" years (mid 50s through early 60s). I know they love their football in MS but I have always thought of Ole Miss as a program living in the past.

The task for the new coach (who ever it may be) will be is to first recover from what looks like will be some pretty serious sanctions then build a program in the SECW. That's gonna take some time.

Peace

Will call Neal Brown at some point, age working against Miles. After Brown turns them down they may stick with interim Luke.

This may sound absurd but is there any chance that Bob Stoops would be interested after taking off for a year? ala Urban Meyer? You couldn't blame OM for at least trying. Would be a huge coup.....

This may sound absurd but is there any chance that Bob Stoops would be interested after taking off for a year? ala Urban Meyer? You couldn't blame OM for at least trying. Would be a huge coup.....

If his health is ok, he would be a homerun hire for them, he is near the end of a successful career and would give the program some credibility. I don't think he had any NCAA issues at OU, he did tolerate some kids with some issues but I guess all coaches do to some extent. He can get work on getting the train back on the right track for 4-5 years and out of probation for a new guy. But OM is saying they aren't looking for an old rethread. They may stick with the interium coach, I can't imagine they can get anyone that is an up and comer, it would be a career killer.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT