ADVERTISEMENT

Rumblings of Tyler Baron Portaling Again

Nov 29, 2020
Hate to start another thread about a UofL player hitting the Portal (not really) but sounds like Baron and his step brother Wesley Walker about to reenter. Guessing they were just buried on the depth chart and all is well in the Ville.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: satcheluk
It was rumored ul wasn't making their payments on nil in time or for the right amounts... If this is true then this may be why.

• Haha
Reactions: rockycard
Hate to start another thread about a UofL player hitting the Portal (not really) but sounds like Baron and his step brother Wesley Walker about to reenter. Guessing they were just buried on the depth chart and all is well in the Ville.

Baron has been hurt since he has been at Louisville and hasn’t practiced at all. There has been rumors on one of the Ole Miss sites about Baron going back in the portal for a few weeks now.

Louisville spent a lot of money on their 24 class, checks may be bouncing
More like they led a locker room revolt and Brohm packed their stuff up for them and put it outside the facility after also proving to others that they were lying about how much money they were getting from NIL, which was also dividing the guys.

Seems more like Louisville is willing to spend like a drunken sailor than they can't afford to pay guys. Bringing back Quincy Riley who could have been an easy day 1-2 guy in the draft is one example.

Still curious who the big spender is for UL. I doubt it's pj since they screwed him. Does Harlow have enough money yet to spend big?

Still curious who the big spender is for UL. I doubt it's pj since they screwed him. Does Harlow have enough money yet to spend big?
Rick Kueber who owns Sun Tan City and many Planet Fitness locations is one of them. Like back on April 1st Kueber said if the fans donated $1 million to the 502 Circle then he would match that $1 million. The fans by April 18th had reached the $1 million dollar donation to 502 Circle and then he matched with another $1 Million.

Now to your other part how did Louisville crew Papa John’s ?

Rick Kueber who owns Sun Tan City and many Planet Fitness locations is one of them. Like back on April 1st Kueber said if the fans donated $1 million to the 502 Circle then he would match that $1 million. The fans by April 18th had reached the $1 million dollar donation to 502 Circle and then he matched with another $1 Million.

Now to your other part how did Louisville crew Papa John’s ?

Good info. Maybe he's the main one but seems there would be more.

I should clarify screwed because that was one point of view. I should say the removed his name from the stadium over a set of circumstances he contested. I assumed he felt screwed but maybe he didn't.

Not that much. I mean you can't help yourself from giving them more space on UK's site, can you?
Excellent post, you stop the quote right before I said I didn’t really care. Yes I like the fact Louisville players are transferring, and yes I like to talk about it. Especially if it’s a player we all know. Not like this board is full of other discussion right now.

Baron has been hurt since he has been at Louisville and hasn’t practiced at all. There has been rumors on one of the Ole Miss sites about Baron going back in the portal for a few weeks now.

That is correct. Shoulder surgery I believe.

Good info. Maybe he's the main one but seems there would be more.

I should clarify screwed because that was one point of view. I should say the removed his name from the stadium over a set of circumstances he contested. I assumed he felt screwed but maybe he didn't.
Oh he was screwed. If you listen to the whole tape, it's obvious they set him up to get him out. Instead of just voting him out they wanted to smear him and then nobody at ul waited for an investigation or anything.

Oh he was screwed. If you listen to the whole tape, it's obvious they set him up to get him out. Instead of just voting him out they wanted to smear him and then nobody at ul waited for an investigation or anything.

I agree but I also know a decent segment of the population doesn't see it that way.

Reactions: hmt5000
Papa John resigned July 12th, 2018 and the next day UofL removed the name from the stadium the full tapes did not surface until 2021. The money he paid personally for the naming rights to the stadium was paid back to him.

ADIDAS.
They've been pumping money into all their top brand adidas programs... Regardless of how bad they've sucked they're a name school for adidas.

Louisville with their check bouncing now turns it around on us....their resident forum expert says this...

Kentucky is in scramble mode right now. Outside of Vandergriff there wasn’t a lot to be excited about coming out of spring.

They’re making a massive push to anyone halfway decent in the portal to inject some life into their roster. The money isn’t there though to get the types of players that they want.

UK has never had a lot of NIL for football. They’ve had a respectable amount but not by SEC standards. One thing I’ll give Stoops a lot of credit for, he does more with less in that department (unless the healthcare system is illegally paying players but that’s a different gripe).

UK football got a sizeable amount of NIL from Cal people, now those Cal people are giving their money to Arkansas. On top of that, Pope was promised a NIL budget, money had to be moved around the programs to fulfil that promise.

Ugly situation building in Lexington imo.

So we have a better team than them....return all our best players....better
-1st Team All American and 2 time National Champion Linebacker from UGA
-NEW QB from UGA that was a HS All-American
-Starting safety from Michigan
-New RB that was the Ohio State 2nd string
-Safety from Alabama
-Starting Tackle from Tennessee
-A guard transfer from Florida
-One of the better G5 Receivers from North Texas

I love their logic that we're failing....because we have a tougher schedule and worse record....yet have a better team and roster....so they're in better shape?

Probably didn't realize we didn't really have a spring game....but yeah nothing to get excited about...especially Deone Walker and Barion Brown...just average players.

Louisville with their check bouncing now turns it around on us....their resident forum expert says this...

Kentucky is in scramble mode right now. Outside of Vandergriff there wasn’t a lot to be excited about coming out of spring.

They’re making a massive push to anyone halfway decent in the portal to inject some life into their roster. The money isn’t there though to get the types of players that they want.

UK has never had a lot of NIL for football. They’ve had a respectable amount but not by SEC standards. One thing I’ll give Stoops a lot of credit for, he does more with less in that department (unless the healthcare system is illegally paying players but that’s a different gripe).

UK football got a sizeable amount of NIL from Cal people, now those Cal people are giving their money to Arkansas. On top of that, Pope was promised a NIL budget, money had to be moved around the programs to fulfil that promise.

-Safety from Alabama

I love their logic that we're failing....because we have a tougher schedule and worse record....yet have a better team and roster....so they're in better shape?

Probably didn't realize we didn't really have a spring game....but yeah nothing to get excited about...especially Deone Walker and Barion Brown...just average players.
Yeah, but let us be sure to help them putting them on our schedule. Nothing but bad for us comes from them.

Reactions: 1977 Cat

-Safety from Alabama

Also new offensive weapon, QB from UCLA.

Papa John resigned July 12th, 2018 and the next day UofL removed the name from the stadium the full tapes did not surface until 2021. The money he paid personally for the naming rights to the stadium was paid back to him.
LOL. Yea... but nobody waited for his name to be cleared by the release of the full tape. That's kind of the point. They framed him to get him completely and ul was more than willing to just go along with it without even listening to Papa's side. ul is a cesspool and the one time they take the moral high road they ended up taking the wrong side and screwed over one of their own that did nothing wrong.

IF college football does go to a super league and ul doesn't make it I sure do hope that we just cut them off to negate them any association with relevance.

I don't think there is an if, it's a when. I read yesterday that there is talks of including the players in the profit sharing with a 20m salary cap. Of course it's only talk now and a few of the skill position players won't like it, but many on the roster who aren't getting the huge deals will like it. But to enforce the new limits congress would likely need to be involved and make breaking the rules have a real punishment. I don't know how true all of that is, bust without some kind of regulation only 4-5 teams will have a chance to win a championship in the very near future and the rest of us will become the Georgia Southerns or Western Kentuckys. Can have some good years but not a real threat.

Reactions: hmt5000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT