ADVERTISEMENT

Round 8 UK Basketball Draft

Dangit man, I had thought about him last round and had no delusions that he would make it back to me again. But then pick after pick came and went without him being taken, and my hopes started to grow. But there you went and snagged him two picks before me.

Can’t blame you though. 3 time all-SEC and Kentucky’s career assist leader. Crazy value this late in the draft!
I can’t believe he was still there, either. He’s one of the most underrated players of my lifetime. He did everything well & was super athletic. And, I played it the same as you. I almost took him last round but I thought he had a better chance of slipping another round & making it back than Knox did due to recency bias. But, yeah, it freaking sucks when that happens & a guy slips & with each passing pick your hopes grow, only to have them squashed right before your pick.

I was between Dirk and Ed - but I wanted more shooting out of my PG spot. Considering I already had Wayne
Can’t go wrong with either. I was hoping one of those two would make it back to me. But, as a guy who watched every game that both Dirk & Davender played, the difference in their shooting ability was negligible. Davender was a better overall scorer, though.

Minniefield shot over 50% from the field in each of his last 3 seasons. And, he didn’t have the benefit of the 3pt shot. But, he was pretty solid from the perimeter & would’ve been a 35-38% shooter from 3, IMO. Davender’s 3pt% is misleading. He was a much better perimeter shooter than the numbers would lead you to believe. Both guys were strong at the FT line, too.

Last edited:
Can’t go wrong with either. I was hoping one of those two would make it back to me. But, as a guy who watched every game that both Dirk & Davender played, the difference in their shooting ability was negligible.

Minniefield shot over 50% from the field in each of his last 3 seasons. And, he didn’t have the benefit of the 3pt shot. But, he was pretty solid from the perimeter & would’ve been a 35-38% shooter from 3, IMO. Davender’s 3pt% is misleading. He was a much better perimeter shooter than the numbers would lead you to believe. Both guys were strong at the FT line, too.
I had Davanedar on my board for a long time. Of course when I was gonna pull the trigger he got scooped from beneath me.

Hulk sad…

giphy.gif

I need a back up center to give Cousins a break every once in a while.

I need a stabilizer emotionally, especially for some of my young pups like Wall, Johnson, and Cousins.

Sometimes you have to go for guys who fit in as role players as opposed to just locking in the best players. There's definitely some guys still available who headline better, but I think they would struggle embracing a role coming off the bench. I need a guy who will embrace his role as a role player and leader, someone who once embraced that role years ago as the team captain of our greatest team ever.

Give me the one, the only...

Mark Pope.

pope-mark-pope.gif

I need a stabilizer emotionally, especially for some of my young pups like Wall, Johnson, and Cousins.

Sometimes you have to go for guys who fit in as role players as opposed to just locking in the best players. I need a guy who will embrace his role as a role player and leader, someone who once embraced that role years ago as the team captain of our greatest team ever.

Mark Pope.

pope-mark-pope.gif
I knew he had to be coming soon

Sometimes you have to go for guys who fit in as role players as opposed to just locking in the best players. There's definitely some guys still available who headline better, but I think they would struggle embracing a role coming off the bench. I need a guy who will embrace his role as a role player and leader, someone who once embraced that role years ago as the team captain of our greatest team ever.

Mark Pope.

pope-mark-pope.gif

Pope is gonna get hella run backing up Boogie. Big Cuz was a whistle magnet.

Yeah we’ve still got a whole up and down to go. I doubt we’ll get it done tonight. I could go ahead and make my next 2 picks right now to save some time if you want though 😃
That reminds me, we had talked about picking our favorite walk-on too. What if we did that along with our 10th round pick? That way we wouldn’t have to spend the time of a full round on scrubs 😜

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah we’ve still got a whole up and down to go. I doubt we’ll get it done tonight. I could go ahead and make my next 2 picks right now to save some time if you want though 😃
I’m sorry but your request has been denied. Due to your propensity to nab wanted players and competitive balance your request could not be completed.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT