ADVERTISEMENT

Round 6 UK Basketball Draft

Oh I wouldn’t read too much into it. They’re just my initial thoughts at a glance. I was too young to know Givens or Bowie so I’ll have to refresh my memory on them before giving an informed judgement. And I don’t love the Twin towers idea but we’ll all get an opportunity to explain how our team will be used. You ain’t out of it yet! 😜
Fair enough man. Pretty much all of these teams have players I beloved growing up. It’s gonna be hard to vote on. These are harder to vote on than any of the other drafts we have, imo.

Fair enough man. Pretty much all of these teams have players I beloved growing up. It’s gonna be hard to vote on. These are harder to vote on than any of the other drafts we have, imo.
Bowie works as a 4 & played there the entire 84 season. And, pre-injury Bowie is a top 10-15 player, IMO. He was a decent shooter out to 18 feet & could’ve become a very consistent shooter had he not missed, essentially, 2 seasons.

But, he was a rebounding maestro & an elite rim protector. He was also as good of a passing big as I have seen. He could even handle the ball & we used him to bring the ball up the floor, regularly. After the injuries, his offense suffered. But, everything else was good, aside from losing a lot of explosion. He was quite athletic when he was healthy.

But, after the injuries, he more or less just flung the ball toward the hoop like he was more interested in following up the miss than making the shot. Seemed to rush every shot. Understandable, though, since he was shaking off 2 years of rust.

He is one of my all-timers & I’ll always believe that a never injured Bowie would be remembered much differently, with high odds of a HOF career. Dude was way ahead of his time. He & Ralph Sampson were the college unicorns of the 80s, IMO. Bigs were anchored to the paint, at the time. And, don’t believe the bust bs. He had a decade long NBA career with solid numbers.

This has been a blast so far. Thanks to whoever started it originally and @DraftCat for keeping it on track. Really fun.

First draft I did was in 2017 and I'm the only one who's done them since. I think Gonzo may of been the first one to ever host a draft though.. but not sure.

• Love
Reactions: chroix
I would be interested in knowing what each participant's first UK team that they really have knowledge about. For me...the 78 team, although I do remember some players from earlier but don't really know (first hand) their strengths and weaknesses.

I was still doing my write up as this pick was being made or it would’ve been one of my steals of the draft. Great choice.

At this point, I need a versatile do-everything forward that can be a glue guy. There are a couple I was between but when in doubt, go for the one who filled that exact role on a national championship team.

Gimme Darius Miller and turn it over to @Son_Of_Saul
Sorry for the delay, gents.

Every team needs a dog, and I'll go with a guy who comps well with Azubuike from a physical standpoint. Also needed an elite wing defender who can also hit the three or slash if he's defended too closely.

Give me Keldon Johnson.

14ppg,
6rpg,
2apg,
1spg
46% from the field
38% from three point land

He's the ultimate competitor, and the perfect 6th man. At 6'6", 215lb, he can guard pretty much any 2 or 3.

200w.gif

Updated:

1. @LukaszObrzut - Jamal Mashburn, Patrick Patterson, Jamal Murray, Rajon Rondo, Scott Padgett

2. @Cowtown Cat - Dan Issel, Keith Bogans, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Epps, Kevin Grevey

3. @Son_Of_Saul - John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Jodie Meeks, Antonio Reeves, PJ Washington, Keldon Johnson

4. @jrpross - Cliff Hagan, Malik Monk, Oscar Tshiebwe, Brandon Knight, Louie Dampier, Darius Miller

5. @chroix - Karl Towns, Julius Randle, Reed Sheppard, Jeff Sheppard, Tyrese Maxey, Jamaal Magloire

6. @JHannibalSmith - Ron Mercer, Kyle Macy, Rex Chapman, Melvin Turpin, Walter McCarty, Kelenna Azubuike

7. @Fox2monk - Tayshaun Prince, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Adebayo, Chuck Hayes, Travis Ford, Cotton Nash

8. @drcats2013 - Tony Delk, Goose Givens, Sam Bowie, Shai Gil Alexander, Willie Cauley Stein, Immanuel Quickley

9. @RunninRichie - Derek Anderson, Tyler Ulis, Doron Lamb, Terrance Jones, Rick Robey, Devin Booker

10. @DraftCat - Antoine Walker, Kenny Sky Walker, Wayne Turner, Nerlens Noel, Gerald Fitch. Robert Dillingham

@Cowtown Cat , OTC.

I would be interested in knowing what each participant's first UK team that they really have knowledge about. For me...the 78 team, although I do remember some players from earlier but don't really know (first hand) their strengths and weaknesses.

I'm a 91 baby so 32 years old. It's hard to say I have memories of the 96-98 run. But realistically the early 2000's

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT