ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo to be around Kentucky Basketball

Wait for him to get a head coaching job elsewhere first. There are WAY too many examples of ex-players becoming head coaches at their alma mater without any head coaching experience and failing.
Let's hope and pray that this is another one....

Come On Sport GIF by Duke Men's Basketball

Reactions: Zissou87
I'm glad Rondo is going to be around the program.
But, honestly I was hoping for "Playoff Rondo" instead.
Could he not be given some kind of pseudo-position like "Associate Czar For Player Development"?

Reactions: Catzman
If you’re a point guard how do you not come here? Rondo and Ulis? Hell yes.
We have a bunch of former players who have the personalities and intelligence to be assistant coaches. Rondo, John Wall, Karl Towns, Ulis, Brandon Knight, etc.

Reactions: chroix
I hope he gets a staff job and becomes the kind of irritant/motivator he's always seemed to be. " In my day we didn't have no stinkin NIL! We didn't have time for commercials. We played because we loved to win and hated to lose"
That will never work. We have to embrace NIL and quit thinking great players will come here because we grew up as fans.

Reactions: Zissou87
Love Rondo. Dude is just a winner and always elevated his game when it mattered most. Total team player and a basketball savant. Nothing but good can come from him being back in Lexington.
People have short memories. While I agree that he knows basketball better than most, he was not considered a team player while he was here. Constantly fought with the coaches and his teammates. I do agree that he would be a great benefit to be around the team and potentially a coach, but we can't re-write history.

People have short memories. While I agree that he knows basketball better than most, he was not considered a team player while he was here. Constantly fought with the coaches and his teammates. I do agree that he would be a great benefit to be around the team and potentially a coach, but we can't re-write history.
People grow up. He was a kid. Did you fight and argue and do dumb stuff when you were 18? I sure as hell did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT